Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Half Track

Zack

Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=nepleslia:na-k16a

Mainly because I wanted to try making a tank tread that looked good and I lacked a good treaded tank design.

Plus, halftracks are cool.

Halftracks, they are a lot like sexing…

1: In that I get to have some when others on this site do not.
2: In that people keep saying bad things when they critique mine.
3: In that both require putting people inside for best results.
4: In that I don’t get enough of them :_(
5: In that I spend more time apologizing about it than working on it
6: In that no one wants to review mine.
7: In that they are better in SARP than their modern-day counterparts.

Okay you say this is using the Na-K1-P3100 sixteen of them, but nothing on the DOGA even looks remotely like that device. The Na-K1-P3100 is supposed to use Na-k1-E3100, but you do not have it listed as a sub system.

--------------------------

On a side note, out of curiosity, how does the Na-K1-G3100 which is a combustion engine operate in a vacuum when there is no mention of a system to provide oxygen for the engine?

I swapped out the computer to specifically use the K1-E3100, even though any computer should work fine here (the P3100 doesn't specifically require the E3100 according to its wiki) but the E3100 fits the 'rugged halftrack' image a bit better.

I also upped the number of wheel engines to 24. 4 wheels are in the front and ten are used on each tread. The reason they don't have the three prong suspension is that the wheels are covered in hubcaps this time. If you look at the tread wheels, there is one wheel on either side of each 'wheel' that actually touches the treads and a suspension arm is holding the axel in the center of the 'wheel'. I've also added some description to the about section to clarify this.

The engines are all electric and the vehicle is battery powered. It can still function in a vacuum but the combustion engine won't be able to recharge the battery. I've added a line to the about section to clarify this.

Halftracks.... HALFTRACKS FOR EVERYONE!!!

(Special thanks to the people in IRC who said the treads looked bad, I'm much happier with the current look than the old one)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back