• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Origin [Halloween Giveaway #2] All A Loan.

Kai

Retired Staff
Another day of hustle and bustle in Dawn station contained yet more of the giveaway recipients coming to pick up their winnings. Representatives, while not as bogged down with people as they had been on the first few days after the prize winning announcements, were still nonetheless busy. Whether it was sending the last few packages to cargo craft to be sent directly to the winners, or consolidating the remaining prizes to one side of the immense hangar that had been used to distribute them, or perhaps even guiding the few stragglers who had yet to receive their prizes, the Origin representatives were quite busy.

One such representative was a dark chocolate-skinned Nepleslian woman, with shoulder-length wavy hair. A name-tag on her uniform read 'Bianca Pastelli', and the smile she wore was both weary and genuine as she greeted the next in the long line of those whom had won something.

Alex stood in line with the others, waiting patiently to receive her own prize -- an airbike. Growing up on Nepleslia around a bunch of brothers? Having an uncle that had an airbike shop? It was a big deal for her to win one, almost like it was meant to be. The busty woman in her too-small leather jacket waited her turn, and also pondered another opportunity...some of these cargo ships were massive. If she could get a loan for one, and fill it chock-full of salvage, she was sure she could pay off the loan and get a massive upgrade to her hauling capabilities...

"Hello! Welcome to Dawn station, and Thank you for entering our prize drawing!" Bianca greeted Miss Burning as the over-endowed Nepleslian reached her turn. "May I have your name?" she asked, looking down at a datapad, ready to enter the information and bring up a list of what proze or prizes this new winner had received.

"I'm Alex Burning, and I won one of your airbikes...I was also interested in one of those massive cargo ships you guys sell. I didn't get one for the main prize, but...is there someone I could talk to about financing and such? I do courier and salvage work, so it'd be nice to have a ship like that." Alex asked. This was one of the things the prizes were for, after all. Attract people to Origin for purchases, and make them look in on the other things the company had for sale...

Bianca tapped in Alex's name to her datapad, and confirmed that the woman had, in fact, won an airbike. "Of course. As a representative, I am authorized to conduct all types of business, including personal loans and starship sales. If you'll follow me, I can take you to your airbike in the meantime" the representative explained, eying Alex's prodigiousness disapprovingly before beginning to pull up several documents on her datapad regarding loans and the like, and entering Alex' information here and there. It was not long before they found themselves faced by a row of Type 32 airbikes, in several colors including black, green, blue, red, and yellow.

"You can choose one of the colors we have here. All of these are the fusion model, instead of the fuel cell version" Bianca explained, still tapping away at her datapad.

Alex smiled wide, and without hesitation, took a green one. "You even have my color! Glad there were any of these left! Now I have the old ion junker I fixed up...and this beast! My uncle will love to see this..." She said, fawning over the bike and looking it over happily...

The dark-skinned representative grinned at Alex' enjoyment of her prize, taking a moment to note the bike's serial number and VIN, jotting them down for record keeping. "I'm glad you like them, they are one of our more popular items. You can't really beat the speed and excitement for the price." As she said so, Bianca turned the datapad around, offering the screen to Alex.
"If you would please sign or thumbprint here for confirmation, we could then move on to the bigger matter you've asked about."

Alex looked on the screen, briefly reading what she was signing, before signing the screen, and if giving both was an option, giving a thumbprint. "Alright...there we go!"

"Thanks!" Bianca said, taking the datapad back and dismissing the prize verification window, moving on to the loan window, with a tab for the Caravan ready to go. "So, you want a loan on one of the same model as our grand prize, the Caravan heavy freighter, right?" Bianca asked, looking over the information one last time and asking just to confirm.

"Your financial history looks fairly sound and although self-employed you seem to make enough money to afford the payments. With interest you're looking at a 30 year loan topping off around 700,000 KS, although if you can pay it off faster, less interest will be incurred, of course. Minimum payment is 1945 KS a month, if you think you can afford it."

"Easily...my plan is to take that huge ship out salvaging and rack up salvage. If I'm lucky, I can have it paid off before long...even if that didn't work out, I've got another plan that'll speed up my payments as well." Alex said, the busty girl smiling. She didn't plan on needing 30 years to pay it off. She already had a year's worth of payments saved up, in the meantime.

Bianca nodded as Alex explained her plan, furrowing her brow in throught for a moment, before responding. "Sounds like a solid plan. Origin also buys salvage at wholesale value for recyclable parts, and can take recyclable salvage in lieu of payments for the same value, which could certainly help you out on payments" she added, handing over the datapad again. "Sign at the bottom to confirm the loan, and then we can get you out into the shipyard to choose a Caravan, and finalize the purhcase there, if you'd like, or, I can finalize everything here, give you all the numbers and registration for the cargo ship, and send you on your own way, if you prefer."

"Hmm...actually, one more thing..." Alex presented a datapad of her own, with the salvage inventory she had on it.

"If you accept salvage and the like...then you might be interested in some of the already collected salvage as a down payment, if you can determine the value. I have a Henkei here with them...The Henkei will fit inside the Caravan when I leave anyway."

Bianca looked over the list for a moment, noting down the salvage number on all the items on her own datapad and sending a basic list of the items she thought were worth much as scrap to another Origin representative for a basic appraisal; she received a response in moments, scanning it for numbers before getting back to Alex.
"Well, most of the stuff our appraiser recommends you sell to a third party, as it's worth more than scrap value. However, all the catwalks, doors, and hull pieces combined are worth about 25-30K KS in scrap, depending on the size and mass of the pieces. We'd have to see them in person to give you a full value, but I'd be willing to put a 25,000 KS retainer on the loan for now as a down payment."

"I see. Well, it's definitely something. If I can make that much with regularity the way things are, I see no problems here. I agree to that, and they can be inspected at any time." Alex said, smiling. She waited until the woman finished adjusting the document for her to sign, or for if she wanted to go verify the value of the scrap.

Alex didn't have to wait long, as Bianca's datapad was handed over a moment later for miss Burning to sign, finishing the transaction for the moment. "After this, another representative can meet you at your ship and complete the proceedings fully. Please enjoy your new Origin products, Miss Burning!"

"Thank you!" Alex said, smiling and signing the pad before giving it back and shaking the hand of the Origin representative. Alex knew she'd be able to pay back the loan readily enough. Between the income of salvage, and the massive ability to transport cargo and people for the Nepleslian Government and the Fruna Ruica, paying it off would be no issue. Later on, Alex would finally have her Henkei inside the massive Caravan-type, and be ready to go...though 575,000 KS in debt. Though she wasn't worried, the first thing she did was get the craft insured...she wasn't a fool. Eventually, she'd head back toward Nepleslia, to see about getting more salvage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back