• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Hardsell Coilcannon

Alex Hart

FM of NDC
🎖️ Game Master
Submission Type: Weapon
Template Used: Weapon
Submission WIP URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:hardsell_coilcannon
Submission Destination URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=faction:uso:ohi:hardsell_coilcannon

Faction: USO
FM Approved Yet? (Yes/No; Who, When) Yes, me
Faction requires art? (Yes/No) No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? (Yes/No) No
Contains New art? (Yes/No) Yes
Previously Submitted? (Yes/No; explain reason if rejected) No

Notes:

Just a simple gatling style coilcannon to go on mechs or ships made by OHI

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Something something this is a review for the Hardsell cannon. It ticks almost all the boxes that it needs to get approved. I do have a couple of questions and comments that need to be smoothed out before I approve it, however...

-Even though there's no air resistance in a vacuum, isn't saying "effectively unlimited" range a bit much? In theory, somebody could fire across the Kikyo sector with that description. This alone gives it the possibility to be overpowered if someone were to abuse the description, so please try to put a number in.

-A bit more information about the ammunition system/shaver would be helpful. Is the system automatic? Are shards chipped away before they intend to be used or are they chipped out immediately before firing? Could somebody use a different metal if they didn't want to use tungsten, or would that break the cannon? Also, how large are the shards?

-I find it a bit odd that the weapon's effective range in atmosphere is one second away, at projectile speed, from the weapon itself. This isn't really an issue, I just find it kind of funny.

-Regarding the firing mechanism, the wording is a bit confusing - does it fire all four barrels and then rotate them? That doesn't seem right to me, but that is what I interpreted from reading the description.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back