• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hello everyone!

Argus055

🎨 Media Gallery
What do you call yourself?
I'm Argus055, but you can also call me Argus if you want.

How'd you find Star Army?
I found through disboard the star army discord server while looking for a scifi rp sever.

What interested you in joining?
I'm a big fan of classic scifi and scifi subgenres and I love to rp. That's why I wanted to find a place where I can rp in a scifi setting.

Ever done this text-based roleplaying thing before?
Yes, but I only rped on discord.

Any previous experiences you want to share?
I rped a lot on Discord, but I was also part of a small pen and paper group. But that was years ago.

Now for the questionnaire!

Do you prefer:
  • Playing male, female, or other-gendered characters? I prefer to rp males and genderless characters like robots.
  • Spontaneous or planned RP? Both are good in my opinion, but I think planned rps are a bit better.
  • Military or civilian characters? I don't have a problem with either, but I prefer rping as military characters. In my opinion it's more fun.
  • Humans, androids, anthros, or aliens? Aliens or robots, but sometimes also humans. In my opinion it's a lot more fun to rp as aliens or robots.
  • Being on a starship or being on a planet? Tough question. I would say being on a planet. Planets can vary greatly from each other, which is more interesting.

On a scale of 1 to 3, what's your preferred level of these in your RP:
  • Language: 3
  • Violence: 2/3 ish
  • Sexuality: 1/2 ish

What's something cool you'd love to RP?
I already have a few ideas for characters, for example a weapon designer, a mercenary or a soldier from one of the factions, but first I wanted to read through the wiki before making a character.

Welcome! You have stumbled upon a real gem here. This is a fantastic place! It can seem overwhelming at first but it has a very unique and fun flavor to it. And the community is outstanding and very helpful. Don't hesitate to ask anyone for help. We're all more than happy to help.

If you like the anime sci-fi vibe that Yamatai has, you're welcome to join my starship, the Resurgence. We could use some more male soldiers to balance out the crew which currently resembles a harem and specifically I'd love to have a technician (there's other positions open too, and I'm flexible). If this option interests you, I have some premade character portraits for Yamataian male soldiers available here including a few custom ones with uniforms:

Note: You don't have to use these, it's just an option.

For the Resurgence we're JPing (group RP) tonight at 8:30pm-10pm EST, talk to me here or on Discord for more information. I'm also interested in doing a casual 1-on-1 Open RP with you, maybe a recruiting scene or just two soldiers hanging out, that you can use to develop your character with some in-character time and someone you can ask questions about the universe with from an IC perspective. My goal is to give you the RP you want as soon as possible because hey, that's what you're here for and I want to deliver.

Welcome! You have stumbled upon a real gem here. This is a fantastic place! It can seem overwhelming at first but it has a very unique and fun flavor to it. And the community is outstanding and very helpful. Don't hesitate to ask anyone for help. We're all more than happy to help.
Thanks! Sure I will.

If you like the anime sci-fi vibe that Yamatai has, you're welcome to join my starship, the Resurgence. We could use some more male soldiers to balance out the crew which currently resembles a harem and specifically I'd love to have a technician (there's other positions open too, and I'm flexible). If this option interests you, I have some premade character portraits for Yamataian male soldiers available here including a few custom ones with uniforms:

Note: You don't have to use these, it's just an option.

For the Resurgence we're JPing (group RP) tonight at 8:30pm-10pm EST, talk to me here or on Discord for more information. I'm also interested in doing a casual 1-on-1 Open RP with you, maybe a recruiting scene or just two soldiers hanging out, that you can use to develop your character with some in-character time and someone you can ask questions about the universe with from an IC perspective. My goal is to give you the RP you want as soon as possible because hey, that's what you're here for and I want to deliver.
Thank you for telling me about it and thank you for your offer. I will think about it after reading through the wiki a bit.

Hi, and welcome to the site!

I'm Alex, and I currently handle managing the NDC, a small nation to the east with emphasis on neo-feudal styling, mecha, and lots of synthetic (robot) citizens. If you're interested in that the Ravenaca's Watch, the plot for that nation, is wrapping up its current thread soon and is a great hopping on point.

Also, I just wanted to commend you on wanting to explore the wiki before getting started, it's great to see people wanting to get to know the setting but I encourage you to not be afraid of just jumping in either. Wes' suggestion is a great option for getting the feel of Forum or JP (Real-time collaborative writing, a bit like google docs) RP and seeing if it's your thing.

Hi, and welcome to the site!

I'm Alex, and I currently handle managing the NDC, a small nation to the east with emphasis on neo-feudal styling, mecha, and lots of synthetic (robot) citizens. If you're interested in that the Ravenaca's Watch, the plot for that nation, is wrapping up its current thread soon and is a great hopping on point.

Also, I just wanted to commend you on wanting to explore the wiki before getting started, it's great to see people wanting to get to know the setting but I encourage you to not be afraid of just jumping in either. Wes' suggestion is a great option for getting the feel of Forum or JP (Real-time collaborative writing, a bit like google docs) RP and seeing if it's your thing.
Thanks for the welcome! And thanks for the hint!

Hello and Welcome to Star Army!

Hey there! Welcome!

Hey Argus, I'd like to catch up with you sometime and help you with character creation or do a 1-on-1 RP thread or JP. Let me know what works best for you. :)

Hey Argus, I'd like to catch up with you sometime and help you with character creation or do a 1-on-1 RP thread or JP. Let me know what works best for you. :)

Sorry that it took me so long to reply. If it's ok with you, could we talk about my character on Discord? I think I need a little help.

I think we already did this but the answer is certainly, of course. And I'd be happy to help more! Like I said before, I'm really grateful to see you here and I want to get you into the RP ASAP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back