Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Hello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elise

Inactive Member
I am the worst at being a newbie. I'm terribly awkward and shy, I never feel like I belong and for some reason I'm sure that people won't like me before I even meet them.

With that being said, hi! I'm Elise and I'm 18 years old. English is not my first language but I think (and hope) I'm not that bad at it. I'm quite new to roleplaying and I'm still not sure how exactly I got here, but it sounds fun so I figured I should try.

What else do you say in an introduction post? Well, even though I'm really awkward, I'm also friendly and nice to other people so I shall always greet you with a smile. :)

Thank you <3

Hi Elise! I want you to be part of the group and feel welcome and I'm here to answer your questions and give you whatever help you need to get involved in the RP. So just post your questions and feedback here and I'll do whatever I can to assist! There's a lot of RP sites on the web and I'm glad you chose mine.

So... moe...

Welcome to SARP. Your writing so far is great considering that many native speakers don't write as well and use plenty abbreviations on the Internet. If you'd like to ask questions in real time you could use IRC. There are usually plenty of people online able to answer questions or defer you to those that can. Taking a while to read up on the setting before making a character is a good idea. A lot of people here are into anime, manga, gaming, and other forms of roleplay both sci-fi and fantasy.

We've a fair few foreign speakers! I wouldn't worry to much, though you might get poked over spellings and such things depending on where you settle.

What is your primary language? If it happens to match someone you may well have someone to help out with the science-heavy english here and there.

We all start somewhere.

My advice - ignore the most of the wiki for now. Read about the various factions and their plots.

Here's the overview; there's two big starting factions which we normally suggest for new players.

1) Yamatai (Yamatai Star Empire, YSE) - Feudal Japan fused with Meiji era Japan in space. You've got the clans who are all competing, Neko samurai, huge fleets and a cult of the Empress. There's also a sprinkling of Nordic influence. You can play as a Neko catgirl-supersoldier (death never looked so cute), Minkan (looks like a regular human but isn't) or a Nepleslian (regular human).

2) Nepleslia (Democratic Imperium of Nepleslia, DIoN) - Industrial, corporate America meets ballsy, devil-may-care Russia. And everyone else in between. The population is so diverse, we still haven't finished our last census. The majority of the population are Nepleslians or ID-SOLs (male genetically-modified supersoldiers, most from wars past) but you can also play pretty much any other race in Nepleslia as well, excepting Nekos who are banned from entering Nepleslian territory.

While these two sides don't usually agree on much, they're not at war and both have great plots and potential.

There are plenty of other factions and races in the setting as well but a lot of them simply require more knowledge of the setting. If you prefer those, no one is going to stop you.

Hello and Welcome to the site :)

My name is Kyle, I'm the faction manager for the Kingdom of Neshaten. Contrary to what Sigma said, my faction doesn't require knowledge of this site in order to get into (newbie friendly)

It's a new faction here, so if your looking for a group that has yet to get onto the political stage and still has a lot of growth in it then don't hestitate to ask me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back