• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

HHG, .460 Deidre Special

Soresu

Link

It's not really a 'new' gun so much as being scaled up a little to fire a .460 bullet instead of the normal .45. If I need new art, please let me know. As it stands I put the old HHG art there for now. As for the 'Crimson' round, I am really hesitant about it so helpful feedback would be appreciative. I however have made it only available on request, selling only six per box of ammo and at a higher price then most other bullets.

As for the character who did this, I plan on making her bio as soon as I can. Right now I have her's and two others to work on in addition to other projects. So if her bio is needed I'll make it a priority.

Note: This isn't a mass produced weapon. This is a custom job that can be done to pre-existing HHG's or be built from scratch.

I like. Yukari wants (if she ever hears about it).

The rounds seem fine. You put the DRs at reasonable places, which is good.

Recommendations: Reduce the muzzle velocity to 1,500 - 1,600 fps. At 2,000+ fps, this thing will be uncontrollable for anyone except an ID-SOL or an armored combatant.

Standard (1,532 ft/s) Hybrid (1,741 ft/s) Mass Driver (1,612 ft/s)

This work? The standard and MD are around the median for the .460 S&W. The Hybrid is a Combination of both so it'd have a little more kick to it.

Sure sure. Those work fine. Having shot the .500 S&W, I can attest that it's a goddamn hand cannon and is extremely difficult to control with a short barrel. The HHG barrel is on the long side.

Yeah. I was debating if I should make the barrel 8 or 8.3 Inches or 9. I went with nine to be on the safe side. But I could blurb it in that the barrel can be shortened to 8-8.3 for more variety.

Jake, I said the same thing about wanting one, for the record.

I think you could include the shortened barrel as an option, maybe even just as a part, especially since this will be custom made, not mass produced. That seems like a fairly minor option to add in.

I will officially post this here:on the MP rounds: Citric acid, found in lemon juice, dissolves copper, so these bullets would not have a very long shelf life, and should probably be fired within two or three weeks of being manufactured/bought.

otherwise they'll explode in the barrel and nobody wants that.

kai said:
I will officially post this here:on the MP rounds: Citric acid, found in lemon juice, dissolves copper, so these bullets would not have a very long shelf life, and should probably be fired within two or three weeks of being manufactured/bought.

otherwise they'll explode in the barrel and nobody wants that.

This is true. But like all the ammo for the gun, she makes them on demand. So you'd have that time limit right from the get go. Though I could probably just say "Corrosion Resistant." copper... Not sure if I want to do that though. Anyways I'll add a small disclaimer to them.

EDIT: I removed the MP Round. So disregard it.

I like it especially the name since Diedre means "broken-hearted, sorrowful", since its window maker. ^-^

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/0/Deidre

On thing though where does it get power for the mass driver? I probably overlooking something but I could find it.

If their isn't one, how about having power source in the handle? It have one of those fancy chargers that gets power from body movement or heat. I wish I could remember what they are called <<;

It's a custom rebuild/retooling of the original HHG. The only changes are the caliber of the rounds. Power is derived where it was from the standard HHG.

Read it over a few weeks ago. It's good to go, since the FM likes it and the submission itself is nicely put together..

This submission is approved for IC usage.

The ammunition section on this weapon was recently edited to include an ADR 3 bullet. Was this buff approved?

Last edited:
Just got online. But yeah, I was looking at various ammunition including I think the newer S&W XVR for the .460 and thought to include a high-velocity, High-Explosive Incendiary AP round. Fairly expensive, rare, and entirely reliant on the person asking me permission before utilizing them just as they are in buying the gun itself. The round in question is one I looked up for the Raufoss Mk 211. While the Raufoss is a bigger bullet, the 'Violet' is a Hybrid round meaning the cartridge is smaller than the Raufoss owning to its reliance on both a powerful chemical propellant and linear acceleration (Mass Driver) to achieve the necessary velocity with the added benefit of the HEIAP properties to assist in penetration.

This round is closer to ADR2. For a round with a velocity still is only that of a real-world rifle round, ADR3 cannot be justified.

Then I can increase the velocity higher, and justify the ADR 3 with an increase in recoil if that works? That way only 'enhanced' species such as Neko, ID-SOL, etc can reliably fire such a round without risk of shattering their wrist even with a muzzle brake.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back