• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Hidden Sun Clan] Ablative Armor Plating

If approved, this would introduce a third layer of defense to items, wouldn't it? The current system is shields and hull. On a shielded ship, wouldn't this mean there was a shield, ablative armor, and hull? I'm trying to figure out how that fits into our damage rating system without breaking the current standard.

This is used in place of shields for ships that do not have sufficient power or space for shield generators.

It is basically just a non-regenerative shield. Hence the game mechanic section treats it as such.

After all, the DR rules already said that ships with multiple shields don't get any bonus. So this is an alternative to energy shields.

I personally like the way the concept was applied. I do, however, share Wes' worries. I mean, I like how it's meant to be applied but I can see how some other people would believe such allowances could be exploited.

Which as with all things, means the Tech Moderators need to make sure that people don't.

And at present there is only one faction who has ablative armor. So anyone who creates a version for their own faction would have to have the some game play rules imposed and enforced.

Approved. Please leave a note on the wiki article saying it's not to be used in combination with shields.

Thanks,

Actually there is a note in the first sentence

This defense technology has been used for generations by the Hidden Sun Clan on their ships too small to support defensive shields.

Defensive Shields is the Qaktoro energy shields. Which are for use on bigger ships.

It will be a link later on after the shields get approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back