• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Hidden Sun Clan] Sunamâ-a Rotyka (Fusion Cannon)

Reminds of something from Sword of the Stars. Nonetheless, it looks good and balanced. I recommend it for approval.

Small enough to not warren a highly detailed tech article, but again this is kinda borderline as I can't imagine anyone reading this article knowing how to interact with the device itself (aside from pulling a trigger and causing a blast to come out). The cannon would also produce a lot of radiation while idling.

The range is fairly close to being in line for this kind of weapon and the article is generic enough to not make any mistakes about how tech would work.

Approved

For the record the Cannon doesn't produce radiation when idling.

Because the cannon is a basically a focusing array for for the contents of the fusion reactor that powers it. If its not firing there is no radiation in the cannon.

When I said cannon I meant the emitter and reactor assembly together.

The reactor is still producing the radiation because you are basically holding onto a small star. It isn't a big deal as everyone uses this kind of tech without even mentioning radiation shielding (it is assumed that you have it in sufficient amounts).

It isn't going to hold up approval ever, I'm just trying to list ways that submissions can be expanded upon.

Yep, but that's a property of the reactor, and the reactor page already had text on it about having force fields to contain the energy which would include the radiation. However, I have added a bit of extra verbage to the standard reactor page to make that fact more clear.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…