• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character Hikomaru Izusuhara

Klarth

Inactive Member
Name: Izusuhara Hikomaru

General Information
Species: Geshrin

Family/Creators:

Mother: Izusuhara Reiko
Father: Izusuhara Jin

Faction: Star Army of Yamatai
Current Assignment: Power Armour Pilot

Physical Characteristics

Height: 182 centimeters (5´10'')
Weight: 70 kgs (154lbs)

Build and Skin Color: Athletical build, flesh skin
Eye Color: Brown
Hair color and Style: Black, long hair which flows straight to his waist

Distinguishing Features: Tattoed "Shin To Bushido" In japanese (New Sword Bushido)

Psychological Characteristics
Personality: He follows a very disciplinated life where the peace must prevail in order to keep a clean body and mind, even though, if his sword must be unsheated to maintain the balance of this peace, he will not hestitate to kill an enemy or a friend. However, he tried to keep the violence away unless necessary. Generally he is very kind and gentle, and everyone is a friend for him; but in war matters, he will always go in the front line.

He will always be fond with places with lots of space. That brings him tranquility to move over, without having walls or boulders that could get into his way, or could slow down his fast pace of doing movements, where he would usually leap or run around.

Because of that, he will not wear things that could darken his personality or hide his athletic body – an old shirt and his hakama is enough for him -.

But what moves him on his way is to make everyone happy, specially pretty ladies.

Even though Hikomaru is an excellent and trained soldier, he is limited to his natural geshrin strength and stamina, since he doesn´t has any bionic enhacements. Aware of that, he will always find a way to avoid battle or win the battle with his head before his hands.

Dislikes: Obstinate people, pointless battles, the weep of a lady
Goals: To become a samurai, kill Thomas Dawning, marry a soldier lady

History

He was born from a tradicionaslist family, known as the "Keepers of the 5th bladeâ€

... Europian names aren't written like Japanese names. First off.

And his faction would be the Star Army if he is indeed a soldier of said army. Second.

Third, he's about six or seven inches too tall be be a Gershin. <_< Such extreme hights are kept with Nelpeslians.

Who the hell is Thomas Dawning?

... Europian names aren't written like Japanese names. First off.

Well, that´s something that can, and will be changed. Also, you could specify... im quite dubious on what you´re trying to say (maybe you´re saying that a japanese name shouldn´t be mixed with a european last name?... i dunno!)

And his faction would be the Star Army if he is indeed a soldier of said army. Second.

Thanks, i wasn´t sure about that one.

Third, he's about six or seven inches too tall be be a Gershin. <_< Such extreme hights are kept with Nelpeslians.

Well, the character creating guide should have those max height values somewhere, since i didn´t know it were reserved for Nepleslian. Even though i know the geshrin are based mostly on the japanese conception, exceptions can be made... well no. Anyways, it can be changed too without much problem

Who the hell is Thomas Dawning?

I don´t think i should be so explicit on something that i have the intention to RP out. But if you still feel curious, go here https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2106
[/code]

*whaps on forhead with index and middle fingers*

One more thing.

You forgot the ranks for Mss Dawning and Mr Zwann. Do note they can't exceed your board rank.

Re: Hikomaru Von Zwann

Serious business first, of course.

Klarth said:

In Yamatai, you only need to be a power armor pilot. Soldier's kind of redundant.

Klarth said:
Physical Characteristics

Eye Color: Red

Eh? That's listed as rare ... any reason why he has red eyes? Doesn't get much sleep, perhaps?

Klarth said:
Psychological Characteristics
Personality: He follows a very disciplinated life where the peace must prevail in order to keep a clean body and mind, even though, if his sword must be unsheated to maintain the balance of this peace, he will not hestitate to kill an enemy or a friend. However, he tried to keep the violence away unless necessary. Generally he is very kind and gentle, and everyone is a friend for him; but in war matters, he will always go in the front line.

What you're describing here is much like a Ketsurui samurai, which are nekos like these. If you want to stay as a power armor pilot, but like the samurai aspect, you could be a samurai in training. Ask Wes about it.

Klarth said:
Because of that, he will not wear things that could darken his personality or hide his athletic body – an old shirt and his hakama is enough for him -.

He'd still better be willing to wear the uniform.

Klarth said:
Goals: To recover the lost daisho of his mother kin, kill Thomas Dawning, marry a soldier lady

If Thomas Dawning is a PC, in which case he doesn't exist yet because there's no bio for him, that's cool. But be careful -- having two characters you control eventually meet doesn't help the other players get in on the fun. Involve other folks; it'll be more rewarding.

Klarth said:
History

Hikomaru was the only son of a forbidden marriage. The mother, bearer of the blood of a conservative and tradicionalist dojo and the father, a power armour pilot of the army of Yamatai, had Hikomaru without the consent of her parents. This unleashed the exile of the mother, but he was kept by his grandfather, who taught him the path of the heiho, the bushido and the kenjutsu.

Note that the father is Nepleslian, which would make your character a half-breed. That the father was a power armor pilot isn't as important. That would justify your height/weight/etc. Otherwise, Cora's on the money.

Klarth said:
After the academy, he took over personal goals for a year, but then his investigations led him again to the Star Army, where is known that a enlisted soldier has something that belongs to Hikomaru´s kin.

Ah, so now we get to it. This could be difficult to arrange -- a plot GM would probably want to know if this Thomas character was going to be in the same plot as Hiko-san here. Again, this is kind of auto-erotic narration here, as both characters would be controlled by you with possibly no other influence. Could be good, but it isn't as much fun.
Whatever ship you sign up with, explain your intentions clearly to the GM so they know what to expect. I assume you know the GMs of the Mikomi well enough, so ask them.

Klarth said:
Skills:

Leadership: Hikomaru is a natural leader, however, he went through various academy courses such as public speaking, basic diplomacy and commanding.

Careful here. If you've seen Rune's posts about leadership, you know it's a sticky subject. Nix the "natural leader" part unless you expand it to give people something more than "natural leader."

Klarth said:
Demolitions: Hikomaru can build, examine, disarm, dispose and identify all sorts of bombs and demolitions devices made by the Star Army of Yamatai.

Any device? That's a bit strong. There are a lot of devices, you know. And as a power armor pilot, would you really need/receive such training?

EDIT: Ah, a little late to the game. Ah well, most of it still stands.

If Thomas Dawning is a PC....be careful -- having two characters you control eventually meet doesn't help the other players get in on the fun. Involve other folks; it'll be more rewarding.

That's called writing a story. It's not RPing. If you planned on doing that, you might as well just write it in the history (but don't). Either get someone else to play that person--and actually play them, not just do whatever you want them to--or get rid of that deal entirely. Take heed of everyone else's advice, as well. Otherwise, good job.

At this point, i fixed some major things that caused problems with the overall setting of the game. This was taking count of the majority of the things of what the people said above this post. (Which i thank you again).

The main idea is still maintained, like his psycological characteristics, which to me seems to be reachable for a normal person, even if he specialized with the kenjutsu, or not. Feeded the history with a diferent thing, but the fact with Thomas Dawning will be, indeed, made an history. (i am accepting voluteers for this one =) )

But i think this should fix the major holes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back