• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Hiksha LPV

Lemme make sure I get this -- the battery has a energy capacity of several years' worth of energy, but the battery gets swapped every six months?

Yes. Real nuclear battery can power things for several years. But that is generally in space. I mean I suppose I could give the battery a longer life span, but I was taking into account that the housing probably deteriorates making the potential leakages of radiation a risk, hence the regular replacement.

If thats the only concern that was given, but Ira has addressed it and I see no real problems with this vehicle. The nuclear battery might be a thing I'm looking at that could cause issues in the future (leakage) but regardless.

Approved

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…