• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Hio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiko

Inactive Member
Hio everybody!

I'm new here, you might have noticed.

I've been playing on another pbp (Alleria/Aelyria) game for about 14 years, but it is high fantasy and I decided that I wanted to play a little sci-fi. I plan to be on to post two or three times a week.

Also, just to clear something up. I am a dude, but my character Michiko is female. I'm open disclosure on that, so I really don't think its anything weird. Just adding a little bit of gender balance to it all.

Any how, obligitory I'm new thread, complete.

Wow, I knew Aelyria is old but I hadn't realized it was that old. It's one few the few RPs that has lasted longer than Star Army (10 years) and it's a really well-done site and community. Also thanks for the clarification, I actually did think you were female at first based on the name! I use a female avatar too, since Hanako is still the character I play most.

It's good to have you here! I think your extensive experience is going to bring a lot to the table and I look forward to reading your RP posts once you get into the action. And I apologize that we weren't able to get you posting on your first day here.

Hey no worries! Thats what I get for launching head first into the action. Typical of me. My wife doesn't like that aspect of me too much. Hey I want to build something! Go buy supplies, start building, no design work, to make it on the fly. All those years playing with legos. I'll figure out a way to make it, just give me a minute.

Anyways, yes. Aelyria claims to be the origonal pbp. I don't know how true that statement is, but they have been around a long time. The Creator of Aelyria, Kaelon, started the realm of aelyria off in his basement in the form of a D&D campaign, back in the 80's apparently, but I don't think that is where they are starting their time clock from.

But in aelyria I've been a city moderator for five different cities, running multiple plot lines at a time. I stopped moderating there because of... politics, we can leave it at that. Not that it was an issue on rules, just an issue of opinions and respect. I still play there, when you've been playing the same character for 14 years its as much a part of you as your middle name. Not sure I'll ever let ol' Zim Rage die off.

Reactions: Wes
In theory, Yamatai's faction forums are the analogue to the cities of Aelyria, but they tend to be used rarely, as we also have subforums for the plots so the RP ends up taking place in those instead. The Eucharis plot forum is one example (under the Yamatai Star Empire). The other place RP frequently happens is the open RP forum, which is a newer development designed for RP with less commitment and requirements. There's also a bunch of hidden forums that require a group membership to view. These are the age-restricted ones without restrictions on the level of explicitness contained therein (the NSS Venus is one of these). Are you set up for those yet?

Knowing you've been a GM before, I have to admit I'm hopeful you'll want to lead some storylines in SARP at some point. But right now I just want to get you hooked up with some RP. :)

I don't think I have been set up to access those, I'm 26 so I think I qualify!

Once I get my feet wet I'm sure I'll be interested in running some plotlines!

Welcome Michiko! Look forward to writing with you man, there are plenty of guys on the board that play female characters.

Anyway, welcome welcome, I might have to look into this other board, as I got my start in high fantasy, and I'd love to get back to it.

I don't think I have been set up to access those, I'm 26 so I think I qualify!
I've just added you to the adults group so you should be able to see more boards now.

How are you finding things so far?

I see you've been RPing with Sigma getting your Iromakuanhe into Nepleslia and I've been enjoying reading the posts from that.

Are there any players that have been particularly helpful for you?

Anything I can do to make your experience better?

Pretty much everyone i've interacted with has been helpful in their own way. Lots of the regulars in chat have bee really welcoming. So its all good so far!

Reactions: Wes
That's awesome to hear. Personally, I'm really pleased to have you in the community.

Also, let me know if you have suggestions to improve Star Army. It's nice to have your perspective on us, having the "lens" to look at us after coming from a big-name RP board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back