• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Horizon] Dusk AI

club24

Everything Is Magical
Submission Type: AI
Template Used: none

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Yes
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Finally got around to submitting the second of my AI duo for Horizon, although I waited this long to make sure it wasn't just 2 for 2 right out the door but here it is

As the article suggests it can control stuff, which is its AI type and function but while it can make decisions on tactics and where to send ships n such it cant cook you food and information like that means nothing to it its strictly for unit control. That being said horizon doesnt have a giant fleet of ships or even robot warriors so it essentially runs the cleaner bots and is used for testing and some of their bigger projects for now

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
No nomenclature?

I'll give this a proper read tomorrow, unless someone else gets to it first!

i dont mind who reviews it, and im pretty sure im not actually allowed to mind anyway XD

as for nomenclature, i didn't do one for my original AI either which was back when i was a naive child insinuating im not still but I really dont have a reason for not doing it other than it technically not being a product nor is it given to any other groups or entities in its complete form, i also wasn't aware we had nomenclature for AI but i will be glad to give it one if you duders think its a good idea

Before the review, I want to commend you on a well-written article. It is short and sweet and that would blacks nomenclature I don't think I'm going to insist on that. The nomenclature Wiki does not contain a designation for software, but even then you posted it version number. If you feel inclined you may give this a nomenclature as Electronics, but even then it is not a tangible product and would not completely fit the bill seeing as any electronic device could host the AI, so long as it meets the required benchmarks.

Also, as long as the moderator you request does not have any bias in the submission there has never been any ruling specifically stating that you cannot request a specific moderator. I personally have requested moderators that I knew had a better working knowledge of my submission than myself to ensure accurate portrayal on my own part. All of us moderators are following the same guidelines and checklist and are equally capable of hosting a review, so please, don't feel shy.

This review is for: Dusk AI

The submitted article is/has…
[ ✔] A very high level of overall quality
[✔ ] A general topic sentence under the title header
[✔ ] Artwork (Required for new species; Strongly recommended for vehicles and hand weapons)\\
[ ✔] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[ ✔] In the proper format/template
[✔ ] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[✔ ] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[✔ ] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[✔ ] No red and/or broken links
[✔ ] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[✔ ] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[✔ ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[ ✔] Obtusely redundant
[✔ ] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[✔ ] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[✔ ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[✔ ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[✔ ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[✔ ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ ✔] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[ ✔] Lacking Detail
[✔ ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[ ✔] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[ ✔] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[✔ ] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[ ✔] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
** There is nothing specifically unique about artificial intelligence like this and it easily fits the setting.

well that was easy... and honestly I'm happy for multiple people to look it over, everyone misses little things here and there so the more eyes the better most of the time but if you're interested in doing reviews for more Horizon gear there is no foreseeable end to amount of random stuff myself and skully will be making, often with new articles bi weekly XD

RPG-D RPGfix
Back