Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

How are anti-starship weapons affected within nebulas?

Fred

Retired Staff
I'd like to have a clearer idea of how warships can manage to fight within nebulas. What are the specifics? I hear that moving through a nebula is a tedious affair and that not all weaponry will work as it was intended to - some would even cause a 'tsunami' that couldcause major collateral damage.

Since a nebula is full of matter, it tends to cause problems with anti-matter weaponry, and high-speed travel. Any large scale movement of the matter could end end in the moved matter bumping into things, too (like planets).

Um... what sort of matter is qualified as anti-matter weaponry? How do beams and aether based weapon play into this? Could you give examples as to the sort of collateral damage this could cause with some weapons like torpedoes, the aether shock cannon, beams or a direct fire single pulse weapon (like the Kochou's main gun fired energy bolt)?

Please. ^_^

Did this get answered? I doubt there is much use of the current sector's nebula, but it seems like a good question that didn't really get answered. It does, also, seem to imply that a younger/weaker faction could use nebula to combat Yamatai (since I figure they'd utilize a lot of anti-matter weaponry and would get forced to slow down considerably within the clouds).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back