• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How common are qauntum computers?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
How common are qauntum computers in the setting. Specifically Yamatai, but info on Nepleslia would be good as well. Are they limited to military access only? I know they aren't too hard to produce (at least for Yamatai's military) since they can just be prefabbed with the ship. Just for clarity though, I am more asking about the availability to civilians or corporations. Also a rough price estimate (cheap, average, expensive, etc.) would be great.

On Nepleslia, in this case if Nepleslia has Qauntum computers, does anyone but NAM make them?

As far as I can tell, quantum computers are ridiculously common and contained in every consumer computing device ever, barring some alien races. They'd be ridiculously cheap, but substantially less powerful.

Relatively rare; they just seem common because it's a military setting. You don't see them in consumer products, or even starships. Far less powerful machines are used in them, though some biological computers are available that are pretty powerful.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back