• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How Do I Create an Image for a Doga Part?

Re: DOGA Help

The way to get a picture would be to load each part and save a picture of it in the same folder with the part's name as the filename.

There are tentacle parts in the "assorted" folder I believe, if you're using the same downloaded parts I am.

Please also edit your post title to fit with the forum rules:
Forum rules

In this forum, all topic titles should be in question form, with the main question asked as the title. This helps it serve as an FAQ of sorts. Posters violating this rule may receive an administrative warning and have their posts edited.

I've been trying this out with a single part called 'an01' in the 'an' folder. Currently, there's the an01 which is a SUF file, and then there's the an01 bitmap file. When using Doga, and going to the 'Add Part from file(s)' it still does not display the image of an01.

Obviously, I'm still doing this wrong. Can you give an example of how you did it with a part?

I haven't tried it. I believe the image needs to be a BMP with the proper dimensions. Use the existing parts' pictures for reference.

Well, I've figured it out with your help. For anyone else interested, I'll explain it a bit.

What you have to do is open up the part without an image, and render it with 128 by 96 pixels. Make sure it's a bitmap. Give it the same exact name as the imageless part, adding on '.suf.BMP' and put it in the file along with the item in question. That should do the trick.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back