• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How does one form a company?

I'm not sure how the others did it...I guess it would depend on the company's scope and type. If it's a one person company, then you can just say you are its CEO.

For the bigger companies you've named, I haven't been around long enough to observe one being created, so i am not certain...though they might have started under similar origins.

However, I DO know that if you want to ICly open a store front, it costs 5 Million KS to do so. Not all companies, however, open up stores. If you do open a store, however, it can be profitable, as every time another character buys an item, if I recall correctly, equals 1,000,000 IC items sold. This is different in special circumstances such as with starship production.

Is this rule still used? I haven't really seen it used since I've joined.

Honestly -- it depends on the purpose of the company.

NAM was created and then got backing from Tom, then Wes. That made NAM more official. The same went for NovaCorp. Both are meant to be part of a larger trading scheme, essentially, even though NAM is internal.

Only KFY has ever really gone the other way -- players contribute to it, but Wes controls it. It's more of the omnipresent corporation, the basis of trade if you will.

Most players create little corporations for this or that project, then once they've done what they wanted with them, the companies are left to linger. My corporation Xenedine is quickly becoming one of those.

I think the difference with your corporation/project/whatever is that you're shooting for the moon in terms of importance, and that's partially why you're being met with resistence. Basically, don't make stuff so important -- the military won't want it, a lot of civilians might not want it.

And again, like a broken record, roleplaying is the surest way for you to learn enough to create a corporation out of relatively thin air and have no one bother you about it, as they will instead focus on your submission.

You might not like to roleplay, but if you want to design here, you need to.

Like any addition to the universe, corporations should be posted in the Contributions and Improvements forum. ^_^

RPG-D RPGfix
Back