• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How does the PSC work?

From what I've always understood, the PSC is what is used to be called the Alpha-Delta Wave Neutralizer or something like that.

Apparently alpha and delta waves were 'psionic energy waves' or something along those lines and the device neutralized those waves, rendering psionic abilities moot in its area of effect.

Of course, I don't find that to make a helluva lot of sense, but it's whatever.

Yeah, but I don't see how that would work against 'magic' effects as its meant to.

Or really how rendering alpha and beta waves (the ones required for concentration) should render your invulnerable to something like long range telekinesis (back in the good old days).

Wes would likely have it as complete immunity.

As the GM whom probably makes the most common use of it, I treat it as a very good resistance that usually gets overwhelmed over time/prolongued assault. That way, I get to narrate exposure to psionics and present it as a danger that the players can react to, much like a protective barrier would on a power armor or a ship. If the psionic is powerful, he or she may eventually get through.

This only applies to psionics whom include for target the machine bearing the PSC, or its occupant. However, the PSC isn't as effective against indirect means of psionic attack like using telekinesis to lift metal girders up to then throw them at a power armor; but the PSC would hold up for awhile against - say - telekinetic attempts to forcibly dismantle a power armor.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back