• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

How effective is anti-grav?

Kevyn

Inactive Member
I've just been puttering around with some tech stuff about my aborted PC race (I want to give them another run, with a bit of setup IC to drum up interest) and I got to wondering: Just how effective is the anti-grav used in the setting? Does it perfectly nullify all gravitational effects on the unit? Or does it have a certain degree of load it can handle? Does it have an absolute cutoff point somewhere (i.e. it can handle 100 Gs of force, and then cuts out) or does it become less and less effective as the load increases?

I would say it's extremely effective in Yamatai, and, depending on the ship, Nepleslia. Yamataian ships are basically disconnected from external gravitational forces when using their combined field system.

So, Yamatai Ship do not need to fear Black Holes? Has... Has anyone ever went into a black hole? Can you go into a black hole? Can you get back out? This seems like some pretty advanced Anti-Grav systems holy buckets O.O

If you mean the event horizon, then yes. The Freespacer world Void is inside the event horizon of a black hole, it's used as a starship graveyard, though it's difficult to get in and out (and the time distortion is problematic.) There are ways to see past an event horizon, though don't ask me what a naked singularity looks like.

If you mean flying inside the singularity within a black hole, ... I think not. I certainly hope not. Remember, the force rises exponentially the closer you get, time gets more distorted, and eventually the laws of physics break down and the lifespan of the universe passes you by. That's not something to fly into.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back