• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

How long is the wait for an item's approval?

Jack Greyfox

Inactive Member
1. I wanted to have my character develop a solid-state device to use in new items, but I'm not sure I can do that. Can I?

2. Is it just me, or is there more attention being diverted to other proposed items and not mine? What's wrong with it?

1a. First, can you explain what a solid-state device is? Is it like this somehow? Like a TV remote or something?

2a. Attention to various items in the contribution forum waxes and wanes. Don't get discouraged. You and Chigusa have posted a ton in an incredibly short amount of time, but you've only submitted one item each. It sometimes takes a while to decide whether to pursue an item or not.

It should also be noted that you're very, very new. Not even a week old around here. It would be best if you took a couple months to become acquainted with the SARP before you post complex items for review. You'll have a better idea of what's okay and what's not.

1. You're welcome to do anything that makes sense.

2. If there's an active discussion over an item, I wait until it is resolved before approving/disapproving it.

A SSD is a type of component used in electronic devices, ranging from microchips to glowy-flashy LEDs to transformers. A TV remote would consist of many components, most of which would be SSDs, from the pushbuttons on the remote to the infrared LED used to project the signal to the TV.

And the creation of the device would be within the first week or so, but it, like every other SSD, is useless by itself, but proposes much potential. I probably wouldn't create the first use for it for a while. I just wanted to know if I could do something like that, and if so if it would be patent protected.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back