• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Life Events Hurricane Imminent

Where is Rizzo?

• Total voters

Rizzo

Hurricane Irma will be making landfall on Florida this weekend. I live in Florida so this is going to hurt. I'm not going to call this a hiatus since it really isn't my choice. It is extremely likely that all I am not going to be accessible.

That is why I am going to leave a poll! Please, vote to guess my fate over the weekend. Cheers!

Hey Rizzo! I ama apart of a disaster relief program with my company. We send aid, and relief to people who get hit in disaster zones. This would be the part where I cite our pedegree and what we have done to help people but that to me is like plying for a thanks or something. Anyway. We have raised money, and collected almost six tons of clothes, food, and pretty much anything else for disaster victims.

So if you need anything, don't be afraid to ask.

I'm even willing to give people rides out if they are having trouble evacuating. Please trye to stay in touch. As a Katrina survivor these Hurricanes and the victims they create are no laughing matter and I take this stuff rather seriously. Be safe.

Its already decided that the Georgia NG, FEMA, and other active forces will be responding to Florida/ Mid-Lower Georgia After the worst of it passes through. I've already put my ballot in for one of several navy relief team that will likely be basing out of the base near PCB thats going to be set up to fly and boat around and provide relief and assistance If you need help reach out somehow. a lot of rescuers can be shifted by situations like this because its easier to go for someone you know needs help instead of blindly flying around.

Also for obvious reasons place anything valuable on the upper floors or your residence, but away from windows. Fill up your bathtub and and containers with water you can use for cooking, drinking, washing and hygiene. If you do go to a store, it'll likely be out of water and such. But make sure you pick up a gallon of bleach for purifying water, and some sterno or other solutions for cooking (these things are often overlooked.), Make sure you have matches, enough batteries to power a handful of flashlight for two weeks, And pre-cook a small number of perishable foods so if you lose power you can at least have a couple days worth of food before you need to hit the cans. Speak to your neighbors and connect for if any of you need help. And make sure your vehicle is pulled as close into a driveway as possible and is at least uphill or away from the street (even if it looks shallow enough to drive through, Water on the next street might not be the case and you could lose your vehicle.)

I also recommend also making non-perishable foods like Hardtack which requires essentially just flour and water, two easily acquirable foodstuffs at this time. If not just for you, For someone nearby that might be in need.

Thanks for the offers guys, I'll keep you in mind. Florida is definitely about to see its own Katrina. I am actually going to be helping out after the storm, and I know I'm going to be better off than the people on the coast. Once my affairs are sorted that's where I'll be.

You can also fill your washing machine with ice and use it as an impromptu cooler and use a closed locked dishwasher as a watertight storage bin.

Thanks everyone who is helping out other people with prep, evac, and recovery.

This Saturday if any of you are driving I plan to stay home and be on my PC dogsitting so if you need someone to be your evacuation traffic navigator call me at 209-782-7276 (209-STARARMY) and I see what I can do for you to give directions, traffic info, and to keep you from being bored.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back