Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

I use my cloak of invisibility

Sounds like Millitary or Government stuff to me. I seriously doubt they'd be sold to the public unless they were mass produced.

This isn't new at all.... I've heard of this in my Popsci magazine last month... and they are like 3 or 4 months slow.... but the other thing about the cloak is that it would require you to paint your body all one color and shade with in a few nano-meters of it.

Can we trust our government with this tech? After all, Bush only lied to us about secret prisons and torture, Intelligence/WMDs/militarism in Iraq, illegal wiretapping, social security, funding, stock sales (see: Harken), Enron, his own military service, etc...

Can we trust corporations with this tech? After all, they only lied about their profits, revenue, stock options, CEO pay, environmental works, foreign customers, privacy infomration ...

We probably can't trust anyone with this info, much like nuclear technology. But where else would you put it? In the hands of the Army?

Wether you trust or don't, there's not a whole lot you can do about it in the end anyways. Most of us are civilians far removed from these things anyhow ~_~;

Needs more camo countermeasures. Example: Dogs.

If cloaking tech becomes common in the law enforcement community and military, just use animals to pick out the buggers. Superior sense of hearing, smell, etc.

Or, there is always the option of coating all of your floors in a powder substance to keep track of footprints. Sawdust would work well.

I remember my biology teacher commenting that they've successfully developed a device which can "smell" the chemicals given off by humans and successfully tell what gender they are, their muscle mass and how much energy they've exerted so long as the device can get a good whiff.

They were supposed to be working towards a model which required less substance (not so much as a lick as a little whiff) to detect and identify a target and this was going to be mounted on helecopter gunships and police choppers.

I'm tempted to call bullshit but the man knew what he was talking about.

Pity I can't find anything online.

Maybe Proffessor Foley was a crackpot afterall.

Congratulations, you're well on your way to being China.

As for the invisibility thing... Waseda university did a 'raincoat of invisibility' operating on photographic technology. It didnt make you invisible, but sort of hazy-transparent. It was pretty cool. That was a long while back though...

You know who we can trust with that tech? The Frag'in PREDATOR!!!!

But it brings up the same thing: If you go threw water, dust cloads, smoke, or arterial blood spray, you would show up. and this thing is a shitload better than the Fiber optic camo thing because it requires no electrisity from how I understand....

Well once this has been modified to become an optical camouflage and is mass-production capable (in about 20 years), it will all result in such stealth devices being banned immediately. Only the nations who get them before a respective resolution is passed will be allowed to keep them (that would most likely be the USA, Japan, China and perhaps someone in Europe).
As with all technology though, there is bound to be some countermeasure technology (if nothing helps, infrared or heat detection does - or at least smell-detection, as mentioned earlier), which will in return be countered as well, only to be upgraded to the next level and so on. Still, the militaries of the world would sure be happy to use this stuff... not much practical use for it otherwise

*grins innocently while stuffing a cloaking device in his pocket and racing off to the next female dressing room*

By the way, what does this have to do with 9/11?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back