• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Ideal Ships for PCs

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Please try to stick to the following guidelines when designing starships for PCs:

- Can be piloted by one person like a jet
- Minimum crew of 1 or 2 (pilot and engineer)
- Maximum crew of 10?
- Carries at least 1 large SSCC (recommendation: towing mechanism)
- 25-60 meters long
- Moderately armed with room for upgrades
- Comfortable accommodations for crew and a few passengers
- Loading ramp and Room for a truck
- Common area for chilling, briefings
- Cheap
- Easy to maintain

Why not add towing capability so it can haul cargo?

I'm sure if someone really wanted to they could jury-rig a towing cable out of the shuttle bay. Or I could simply add a tow cable. It wouldn't need to be re approved if I did that, would it?

Better question.

Why is towing required? I doubt everyone's going to go into the salvage profession like the Ygg.

@Kai: No, it wouldn't.

@Cora: Being able to move cargo is a good way for PCs to make money and get into adventures.

Cora said:
Better question.

Why is towing required? I doubt everyone's going to go into the salvage profession like the Ygg.

Re-submitting since you didn't actually anwser it. I said not everyone will be a salvager. My first ship, which I lost due to server failure and lose of character sheets, were pirates, so they didn't need to tow anything.

Being able to move cargo is a huge plus for pirates, considering they're stealing cargo. This is pretty obvious.

Furthermore, the above list is not composed of requirements, but guidelines.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back