• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Identifying Nashoba's 3D Work

Hollander

Friends,

I wanted to confirm that the VAST vast majority of the 3D model work seen in Nashoba's articles are works created by Nashoba himself. I'd like to credit the artist in the articles where the works appear.

Do the ships in the following link all appear to be his work?

If so, my plan is to source those works to him where they're seen, and where I'm sure I've correctly identified something he's made. If I'm ever NOT sure that he made it, I won't source it. I feel like his work has a certain 'style' to it, so I'm confident in my ability to say "Yeah, this is Nashoba's stuff".

Thanks!

v/r
Hollander

And, not so much a solution as a heuristic, Nashoba ship design is very heavily informed by TNG and DS9 era Star Trek, and he focused on rounded forms with an almost bubble-like quality and very smooth surfaces and transitions. It was rare for him to make anything blocky and edgy. If you've seen enough of his work it's fairly easy to recognize.

Here's a tip:
  • Things are typically uploaded by their creators/owners/commissioners
  • Click on any image
  • On the image's wiki page, there's a floating menu with a painting icon that is for "View in media manager"
  • In the media manager, there's a history tab
  • The person who uploaded the image is usually visible there
  • Caveat: Images uploaded 2014 or earlier may not have saved history info due to a wiki rebuild that took place that year.

Given the above info, I may be able to sort out the creator of some of the images I've asked about in my Nashoba questions megathread, then, but I suspect some of those images were pre-2014 uploads. I'll check that out and make another post in the Mega-thread to show which images I still can't identify with a certainty.

I'm also going to see about trying to get ahold of the old DOGA program, looks like a hoot to play around with.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back