• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SYNC IIS Oracle hull number application

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
To: Office of Registry, Asteria

For use in Asteria, I would like to request a new hull number for registry, thus binding the independent starship "ISS Oracle" to be identified for assistance, rescue, and other reasons within the borders of Asterian Space.

This number will correspond to the number used in territories of Yamatai and Elysia, that hull number being PX-C1-DS7D is to be reserved for the independent, privately owned sovereign starship "ISS Oracle," international hull registry number 2274-8DS7D, being JR2-AA52D when found in Nepleslia or USO territories.

This ship is fielded by Ironhart Research and Survey, and to be treated as sovereign territory unto itself until such a time as it may dock. Upon which time it shall fall under the laws and regulations of the territory in which it may exist, under pain of military response to any illicit action, including but not limited to capture, impound, or destruction of the vessel upon proof of illegal activity by field court-marshall.

Signed,
Merc-Sci Thorn Ironhart

Last edited:
Re
To:
Office of Registry, Asteria

For use in territories of Yamatai, Asteria, and Elysia, the hull number PX-C1-DS7D is to be reserved for the independent, privately owned sovereign starship "ISS Oracle," international hull registry number 2274-8DS7D, being JR2-AA52D when found in Nepleslia or USO territories.

This ship is fielded by Ironhart Research and Survey, and to be treated as sovereign territory unto itself until such a time as it may dock. Upon which time it shall fall under the laws and regulations of the territory in which it may exist, under pain of military response to any illicit action, including but not limited to capture, impound, or destruction of the vessel upon proof of illegal activity by field court-marshall.

Signed,
Merc-Sci Thorn Ironhart

To: Merc-Sci Thorn Ironhart

Oh My. You are the second person to ask this. Your Registry number is 2. Your port is Asura III Lorani Port. So your Registration Number will look like A-A3LP-2. Enjoy your new status as a legal star ship of Asteria!

To: Lorani Port Authority

I can't seriously be the second ship to register a hull number, here. I would recommend checking the files to check any kind of fleet registry for local military at the very least.

If I am, then so be it. The hull number has been preemptively switched on my hull's main display.

I can't seriously be the second ship to register a hull number, here. I would recommend checking the files to check any kind of fleet registry for local military at the very least.

If I am, then so be it. The hull number has been preemptively switched on my hull's main display.

To: Asterian Citizen Thorn Ironhart

Well, actually yes. You are! Only one has actually come to us since we set up our Port Authority program. But you are the second! We have also updated you to have official Citizenship for being one of the first! Enjoy your new life in Asteria!

Wait, citizenship? I just rescinded my Nepleslian citizenship to gain sovereignty to pass border checks as I please. If this is to be officialized, I will be on the Asuran surface later today for documentation checks and a contract potential, and can figure out what's going on at that time.

Wait, citizenship? I just rescinded my Nepleslian citizenship to gain sovereignty to pass border checks as I please. If this is to be officialized, I will be on the Asuran surface later today for documentation checks and a contract potential, and can figure out what's going on at that time.

To: Lord Thorn Ironhart

Actually, only Lords can command ships independently with out a knight charter. Since you are an official citizen and the captain of a star ship we have updated our systems to show your new status in Asterian society. Though, we do recommend you formalize this with the office of the Mikido on Asura III! Enjoy your new Status in Asteria, My Lord!

Across the open hangar of the repair bay of the Lorani III orbital repair yard, a small scratchy voice screamed out a "What the fuck?!" The culprit in her orange and white EVA suit looking incredulous as she knelt in the cockpit and her shoulders slumped.

Thank you for your prompt responses and the effectiveness of your paperwork and legal system. I will be updating my status later in the day. Thank you for your time.

Out.

Across the open hangar of the repair bay of the Lorani III orbital repair yard, a small scratchy voice screamed out a "What the fuck?!" The culprit in her orange and white EVA suit looking incredulous as she knelt in the cockpit and her shoulders slumped.

Thank you for your prompt responses and the effectiveness of your paperwork and legal system. I will be updating my status later in the day. Thank you for your time.

Out.

To: Thorn Ironhart - Lady of HX14

You are very welcome! We have assigned you a planet to be based out of and to perform your lordly administrations. Enjoy your new system of Governance, Lady Ironhart!

To:. Involved

The Lord of the Lorani province of Asura is not authorized to grant Land not stewarded by he, himself.

For application for a charter regarding newly discovered territory or territory seeking admission into the Asterian frontier, rights and privilages not withstanding, one must first ensure that a planet is not previously inhabited. A person must establish reasonable control of the planet, prove ones self centered and committed to it's use, and complete a full survey of it's resources.

Then if domain can be established, appropriate charter will be granted from an agent of such authority.

Direct future claims of charter to the office of the Chancellor, to the Shield of Asteria force commanders office, and to the office of the Knights Marshall who will ensure these requirements are properly met.

However, the Lord is allowed to grant you registration out of his province. Congratulations on your new choice of citizenship and home.

Under direction,
Sir Allas Tilmerand, Marshall's Office of Soran Nast.

To: Involved

If the legal requirement of being a Lady of Asteria exists to captain my ship without a Knight's Charter, would it not, then be reasonable to appoint me to be Lady over the tiniest and newest part of the Lorani Province, bearing the hull registration number of 2?

Legally speaking, the ISS Oracle is only of Asteria while docked in or departing from Asteria. Thusly, for my time in Asterian space, the ship is registered out of the Lorani III port, thus placing it under jurisdiction of the Lorani Province and the Lord there, and thusly appointable to me as a sovereign entity, and Lady of my own ship.

Moreover, due to my ownership of this vehicle and the sovereignty of its international registry number, there is the case to be made that I was to be made a Lady the instant of my citizenship due to the implied territory covered under international starship law, usually observable under the term "Maritime Law."

My hope is that this is an agreeable term for all parties involved.

With much appreciation for the efforts of all parties,
Thorn

Last edited:
To:. All.

You are registered out of the Lorani province. Amusing as what you propose sounds, it is up to the Lord of that province to decide your station within it and draft you a charter within his power to grant.

Unless you are willing to field at least a hundred and fifty soldiers or sailors in that tiny little beancan of yours (I imagine it would get rather cramped, myself, but I hear some species are used to living like Nepleslian sardines) and register as a free company to gain your title, you will want to discuss with Lord Rochon for registering your personal service as his knight while establishing your forces, finding your claim, or attracting the attention of someone capable of bestowing the title you aspire to.

Lord Rochon needs to return the Lady Sir's issuance satchel to her. The Halfelven may be your best point of reference after that.

Into the stars,

R,
Sir Tilmerand, Knight Marshall

To: Involved

That saves me the stress of aspiring. And unless I can treat AI elements, I.E., small artificial intelligences designed to optimize my computer systems as sailors, I'm afraid I simply cannot fit more than one in my "little beancan," and thus do not meet the requirements of a free company.

As mentioned before, I will be on Asura III later today and discussing a charter with one Viscount Katashi to gain a charter for a job as yet undefined. I can also make an appointment to Lord Rochon to discuss an appointment that will allow legal use of my ship.

As a reminder of Asterian law, due to the known small size of my craft, is it not legal to update my legal control of the ship as not "Captain," but "Pilot-Owner," avoiding a semantic definition and requirement?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back