Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: LSDF Val'ta [In-Flight] - A Game of Cat and Hippogriff

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
//This JP takes place between the Prologue and Mission 1//

LSDF Val'ta, Deck Three, Captain's Quarters
Akemi noticed something on their datapad, or digital transmission medium. It was a message, directly from the captain herself.
Code:
Soldier Koga Akemi,

You caught my attention (and that of just about everyone else) this afternoon in the briefing. I saw you had a scuffle with Aran'ya. Fortunately no harm seems to have been done, but I would like a word with you. Come to my office, Deck Three.

Regards,
Captain Mil'ana Porrim 'Sightseer' Lmanel

When Akemi received the message it went straight to his brain as that was where all his notifications had been wired to. Seeing who it was from he immediately read it and flew on over to the captain's office. He'd fly there anyway, but he was glad by doing so he could tell that Fyunnen giantess that clotheslined him earlier he technically wasn't running.

When he reached the room he stepped right in quickly without hesitation wearing his signature smile. This time it was somewhat sheepish, both because of what he had done with Aran'ya and the fact that even though that was why he was summoned he still intended to try to make good on his boast at the same time regardless of the odds. As he approached the door, it slid open like it recognised him.

Unlike the rest of the ship where Akemi had been traipsing through, and inspecting the goods where everything was clean, sterile, ready to be infected with inventiveness, it looked like the Captain's Quarters had already been comfortably lived in for a while. The traditional Lorath bed nest looked quite askew, pillows and blankets overflowing from the edges while the bedside tables were littered with various personal items.

The kitchenette off to Akemi's left and the small dining table just nearby also looked like they'd seen some use, with packaged foodstuffs on the kitchen counter while clean cutlery was on the table. The captain herself was sitting behind a desk near the back of the room, busy looking desk with a well used mug, which had lipstick visible on the rim. Just behind her was that fancy-ass chair that rose into the bridge.

Porrim watched Akemi walk in, her face wearing a weariness of the hustle and bustle of the briefing, as though she still hadn't caught her breath from explaining everything about the Val'ta earlier.

"Koga Akemi," she said, green eyes darting down to his (or back then and when, her) file on a computer with a hardlight-projected screen, opaque from where Akemi was standing. There was a chair in front of Porrim's desk. "Sit," she ordered firmly.

Hastily Akemi scurried over to the chair and firmly planted himself in it, more out of an eagerness to begin talking to Porrim one on one than actual nervousness though he certainly felt some. Despite having moved so quickly he still managed to examine as much of the room as he could see from his position upon entering. He also took a glance around after sitting. Judging by the state of things he felt there was already something potentially in his favour.

Closer to Porrim, Akemi could smell something. It smelt like a pine forest. He knew that lmanel tended to smell a bit like the environments of the animals they'd bonded themselves to, definitely getting a noseful of Aran'ya - more tropical, she smelt. However, Porrim didn't seem as eager as she did at the briefing.

"So, I see that the representative from Yamatai has been getting quite familiarized with Lorath society," she said, straightening up in her chair and resting her elbows on the desk, "however, your eagerness does raise the question of why you're here exactly. You are quite a vocal sort," remembering the heated exchange with Aran'ya and JiJi during the briefing, "speaking out of turn, jostling your fellows, hunting for booty," there was a smirk on her face as though she knew it was everyone's goal here at one point or another, including hers, "quite willing to get involved in mischief too."

She grabbed her cup of tea, taking a sip and putting it down before continuing, clasping her hands "Please, remind me why you're here exactly, Soldier."

"Well, to be perfectly honest," Akemi answered, leaning forward a little as if telling her a dirty secret, "I'm here for my own reasons, not to serve any organization. Of course I know that's what I legally signed up for, but you know what I mean." He then straightened up and reclined just a tad as if he was relieved of a great weight.

"Personally speaking I just want to have fun and see the sights. Explore the universe. Get some alien tail on the side. I'm not here to cause any real trouble. I wanna be friends with everyone. Aran'ya knows I was just being a goofball. I wouldn't be surprised if we're a lot alike."

Given the way his smile grew when she gave him one of her own it seemed pretty obvious to him. "May I have a little of that?" he asked, pointing to her teacup. He involuntarily broke into an even bigger smile at his mock presumptuousness. He hoped she'd enjoy him trying to be cute. That was just one example of his harmless nature. Harmless to him anyway.

Porrim looked down at her cup, eying Akemi with a wry smile. "It's not quite tea," she waved off, "has a bit of this and that in it, you know." Short on specifics perhaps to lead him along a garden path with duqs on the vines. She inclined her head towards the cup. "But I've heard Nekovalkyrja are immune to most alcohols, drugs and other substances..." she scraped her fingernail against the side of the cup as she pushed it towards him, "...voluntarily. If you'd like to have a try." She didn't sound as though there was anything to lead him on with.

Akemi snatched it up with serpentine speed and had a dainty sip to analyze the contents. He looked into the tiny vessel for a moment and put it back down in the middle of table.

As Porrim watched him do what he would with the cup, she continued her original line of inquiry. "Your business is yours, and I will respect that. I have gotten wind of business ventures of your own, some of them breaking even." She didn't seem to have any strong feelings about what Akemi was up to, which might've been a ball in his court. "Ultimately the places we deem fit for habitation will be exploited, investigated or otherwise ogled at."

She heaved a light sigh. "Shame, hopefully they don't turn them into hellholes like Nepleslia, I do like a good tromp, but anyway-" dismissing sentimentality Porrim got back to business. "In our upcoming first assignment, the inspection of Tange, do I have your word that you'll perform to the best of your abilities when the ... the ..." she snapped her fingers and looked aside. "What do the Nepleslians call it?" She cleared her throat. "Vee cheeps arr dawun?"

What even are 'cheeps'? she wondered. She'd have to ask Aiesu about it later.

"Absolutely ma'am," Akemi replied with a lightning fast salute, stiffening up briefly. "I'll do my best when they aren't too. Just because I have a little fun here and there doesn't mean I'm not serious. I'm always serious on the inside. I just like playing around. After all, comedians put serious thought into their jokes even if their audience doesn't. I'm simply the kind of person who can laugh even when I'm being shot at and things are looking grim. To me that's a valuable asset."

"My business doesn't really have anything to do with me being here. It gives me extra motivation to travel to see what's out there, but just the chance of seeing a woman like you is far more of an incentive to get up and about." He paused for a moment and suddenly his voice started to ooze playfulness and amusement. "Then again, I'd bet you'd get quite the tips and full lengths as a waitress at one of my establishments." Naturally the Neko locked eyes with Porrim for maximum effect.

Full lengths? Perhaps they do good turnover service too. Then again, I can service myself just fine... Porrim wondered. She resisted the urge to look between her legs, returning Akemi's puppy dog (or kitty cat?) eyes. "Excellent. Good to see your 'cheeps' are all in a row. I'll definitely need it for the Tange exploration if you'll be coming planetside," she said, nodding as her gaze flicked down to the cup in his hands. "How's the tea?"

It tasted distinctly fruity, like a ginseng, ginger, or herbal tea. Some of the familiar Duq flavour was in there to counteract the sweetness of the fruit and provide a tinge of bitterness. It was meant to be a relaxant and de-stresser.

"It's great, I love sweet fruity things. Quite flavorful," Akemi took another sip as if to prove it. Given that the drink's effects were harmless he let it do what it would, though he didn't want to get too relaxed. He was planning to get pretty busy before he left Porrim's office and he felt he might need all the energy he could muster.

She nodded back at him, looking behind him towards the door for a moment, then back to him. "You've made your case, but I do caution that for those who aren't in on your particular brand of mischief, do respect their wishes." She seemed quite pleased that things had gotten to the point, and was willing to extend the same courtesy to Akemi. "That's all. Anything further you'd like to raise, Akemi?"

"Plenty," he answered emphatically, likewise looking around and bending forward once more. "I don't know if you heard, but while we were all waiting for you to come out and begin your speech I made a particular boast." The Neko appeared as if he had just been caught with his hand in a cookie jar and was trying to hopelessly play it off. "I think it'd really aid my reputation, especially with the Nepleslians, if I managed to fulfil it."

She held up a finger towards Akemi. She remembered the boast. That he'd be in her trousers by the day's end. "Not so fast, Tomcat," Porrim chuckled, now playfully waggling it in front of Akemi, "I'm a person who awards things based on merit, maybe after Tange you might do as the Nepleslians do and 'Geyt Lahky'~"

The captain looked down between her legs. "And for the record, you were correct about the male parts," her eyes darted back to the Nekovalkyrja, smile turning up on her face, "thought I'd throw a curveball in, breasts and all." She straightened her back and slumped in her seat, making her D-cup breasts wobble. "I think it's a very popular look in Yamatai if those pictures Aiesu keeps leaving around are anything to go by."

Though the men who look so feminine are quite a catch around here too...

"Are you suuure?" Akemi asked, narrowing his eyes in a theatrically incredulous stare. "I mean I'm not one of those wimpy new model Neko. I'm a much more robust type 29. Made when Neko were still real Neko and built to last. You ever been with one before?" Akemi shimmied a little in his chair and sat erect as if trying to give Porrim a better look at the goods that were already in plain view.

A silly grin plastered on his face asked if she could blame him for trying. The breasts his eyes reflexively glued themselves too a moment ago made it pretty hard not to. "We don't have pesky things like hearts," he said, turning his face to the side and raising his nose in feigned arrogance. "I guess that's why I'm such trouble with the fairer sex," he sighed helplessly. He watched for the buxom woman's reaction out of the corner of his eye.

"Can't say I've had relations with a Neko. Maybe one or two Va'haar aspected folks if that counts," it was tough to remember these details when there was so much flying about figuratively and literally. She seemed amused further by Akemi's antics, but unmoved, "however, you're not getting any immediately. Tange will be done and dusted in a couple of days, then I'll be open for 'beiz ness'."

I wonder if no heart, and no organs means more ... Akemi could also see her contemplating the rammifications of less internally. Hm. Definitely worth investigating once Tange is over, but the balls definitely are subject to investigation.

Akemi shook his head several times and clasped his chin between his thumb and index finger as he sighed through his nose. "I pity you for your prodigious self-control. It must be both an eternal blessing and a curse. I can see why they made you captain of such an important vessel."

He paused as if rendered speechless for a moment. As if he needed time to accept being temporarily turned down. "Well, can we at least have a little chat about raunchy things?" She shrugged and nodded, reaching for her cup of tea and taking a sip back. A bit of deskside idle chatter couldn't hurt after all.

Akemi instantly lit up. Maybe he still had a chance if he could get her in the mood. Plus it was nice to know he could already have such fun with the head of the operation. "Are you looking forward to breaking that captain's chair in? Would that be a first for you?" The thought had crossed his mind that Porrim might only be interested in giving him what was currently between her legs but he refused to think about that or at least tried not to.

She looked behind her at the chair in question. "Well it's a nice chair, for sure." She smiled. "It's definitely customised to my liking and it rises up into the bridge when I sit on it and say the magic words. Quite neat really." She turned back around. "Can't say I've had a partner in it though - what if it rises up to the bridge midway? The bed pit's comfortable enough anyway. Ever spent an evening in a big one?"

Looking over to the bed pit in question, it was king-sized, able to fit Porrim, and at least three partners together together in a collection of loose blankets, pillows and other things.

"Well where I'm from there's nothing against nudity and sex in public, socially or legally," Akemi answered proudly as if that mindset was the hallmark of an advanced society. "What better way to show you're in total control and assert your dominance?" He internally chuckled for a moment. "I've been in some big pits before. Us Neko use them too."

Porrim hadn't seen a Nekovalkyrja's one herself. "Hm. I have heard about that. Here, well, you can do what you want without shame, quite a destructive emotion if you ask me," she replied regarding the public nudity and sex in Yamatai, "but not without consequences. Someone will come after you if you bang his sister and he didn't approve."

She then snorted. "Play your cards right though, and it might be a threesome."

"That's pretty par for the course for us too. Why let their be all sorts of unnecessary boundaries between people. So, have you got your eyes set on anyone? I mean besides me of course. Does it ever bother you that you can't act the way I do and work your way through the crew?" Akemi smirked as if he was rubbing it in.

"Oh pish-posh, they'll have to come to me one way or the other!" Porrim giggled, flicking her wrist at him. "Hmm... I guess the one with the ample rear and the colourful hair looks promising," she admitted. "Have heard he's a bit of a toff though, a bit of a climber and smooth operator like you."

"A climber?" Akemi blurted out as if he couldn't restrain his indignation. "Me?"

She grabbed her breasts under her uniform, squeezing them together at him. "You'd like to climb all over this, wouldn't you~?" She laughed out loud and slapped her palms against the table, letting her breasts sit naturally.

"Absolutely!" he answered immediately, worrying that any delay could spell his ruin. He didn't dare risk playing hard to get with this woman. Not yet anyway. "Do you really think I'm trying to get in good with you for benefits other than some mutual fun? The only climbing I'm planning is of Fyunnen. All they have to do is stand still and hold their arms out and you've got a jungle gym."

"I have had some harmless relations with Fyunnen a few times. Careful though, they can crush your ribcage in their thighs. I ... found out the hard way." She huffed. "Couldn't go out for my walks through the wilderness for months, so pissed off."

Porrim looked at his chest. "Do you even have a ribcage?" Genuinely curious, but a moment later she realised it could lead to him getting a little more adventurous than she'd wanted right now. "Wait - no, don't take your shirt off..."

It was too late to try to stop him. Akemi's shirt was off in a flash. "I'm not a Mishhu or something. Of course you wouldn't be able to see it under all this rippling muscle." He spread and raised his arms to allow an ideal inspection. "Go ahead and touch." Again he struck his supremely confident sideways peacock pose.

"I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities for that after Tange~" She was enjoying winding him up. The grin on her face was undeniable. "Then I'll provide a thorough inspection, oil change, and then some, ufufufufufufu~"

She could see indeed that he had a ribcage the way he stretched, and so far that was enough of an indicator.

"Well I'm glad you're having your fun," Akemi said, a tad pouty. "Y'know what you need to do if that guy's really trying to use you right? You totally gotta pretend to humour him and ram the shit out of that massive ass while using that ponytail as a nice sturdy handhold. That thing might as well be colour coded."

The captain smiled at him. Oh yes, she had plans for them should they cross into their domicile. "Hehehehehe. Well, they are a morale officer. I'd expect they're capable of pleasing people. I used to be in the Morale team too - I know the ins and outs. Hopefully they haven't gone soft since I took up being a Captain."

"Wow, well now you've just become a jillion times more attractive," Akemi replied, feeling a little bad for the potential implication. "Not that you aren't interesting as a regular person of course. You seem so much like me. I don't even care about fitting in with the others. I mean I'll try but I'm glad I've got you seemingly in my corner or at least as a kindred spirit. So what about Aran'ya?"

She pursed her lips. "I'd handle her with care." She said, not naming the incident in question as she looked aside. "But that's just my approach, since I know more and I'm obliged to keep confidentiality about incidents."

Akahar. Terrible thing that happened. Not a shameful thing, but it was so hard to explain, difficult, and plain alien. Even what Porrim was disclosed, she didn't completely believe.

"Well thanks then, I had no idea." Akemi's voice was one of genuine surprise and concern. "It seems like I'm providing a pretty good distraction from whatever might be eating her." And then it was back to normal. "Now she seems to want to eat me. I can't blame her though. I'm delicious. Just try me." The Neko extended his index finger to the far too tempting L'manel.

"Like, drizzle you with hot sauce delicious?"

"No hot sauce needed delicious," Akemi answered confidently wagging his finger. He totally didn't expect to say something like that.

"Afuafuafuafuafuafuafua~" Porrim laughed, throwing her head back and her arms up. She almost threw her mug of tea over her shoulder. "Just treat her right, and I'm sure you'll get the same in return."

She cleared her throat. "Now, did you see the very tall Fyunnen? I mean," she stood up and held her hand far over her head to guesstimate, "she was enormous, nearly three metres tall. I seldom see Fyunnen that big."

"How could I not see her, unless you count mistaking her for a reinforcing pillar?" Akemi paused. "I'd still hit it though. Why do men climb mountains? Because they're there." He continued to wiggle his finger hoping the captain would eventually realize he was serious.

"That sounds quite Nepleslian. I heard that for them, 'ahny howal iz ar gowal'," she said, though judging by how slow moving without slow wits and passive she seemed to be during the briefings, they might be the more laid back sort in leisure. She had no idea how they performed in a fight though, "which I think means they climb mountains to see if there is a hole."

"Are you kidding me? It means they'll fuck anything they can," Akemi replied forcefully as he thrust his finger at Porrim's mouth, acting as if he momentarily subscribed to that philosophy. She leaned back just a little to watch the finger wiggle in front of her mouth.

"Hm, doesn't surprise me given how much they like comparing lengths, their guns, and their love for pornography," Porrim rolled her eyes, "but they do come together for each other when times are tough. They really got their shit together again after the Second NMX War despite most of their government getting wiped out."

The only foreshadowing Akemi got before Porrim bit his finger was a brief look down at it. "Nrf." Nevertheless, Akemi thrust it in further to retaliate. She pushed it over to the side of her mouth, by the molars, biting down on it still while she furrowed her brow at Akemi, raising a hand and grabbing his wrist, pulling it out. "Whoa there tiger, I could eat that hand and most of your arm if provoked." She sounded unusually serious about the last remark. Could've been a crazy lmanel thing.

Akemi winced slightly but smiled through the pain. "What? Don't like the taste? Or are you saying you can't control yourself?" She didn't answer one way or the other, making a noncommital mumble. "Everything tastes like that by the way," Akemi gloated. "Well except one thing. It tastes even better."

"Patience, patience..." Porrim waggled her own finger back to Akemi, which was very much unbitten. "This isn't like playing one of those visual novels with the cheats turned on or a trainer." Aiesu showed her one starring an ersatz of someone with sideburns. "I'm sure we'll get a taste of each other eventually," she started heading over to the kitchenette, large wings shaking a little to get the circulation going again.

"So what are you planning to get from there?" Akemi asked, both visually and audibly perking up, sounding as if he had just invited himself for a meal.

She was pacing past the kitchenette and beside the table, weaving towards the pantry and pulling it open. "Snacks, mostly. Say," she reached in and grabbed something from one of the compartments on the side, "you like jerky?"

Porrim turned around and held up two thick sticks of dried, spiced jerky. Each about the thickness of a thumb, and four inches long, embedded with dried pepper spices.

"Jerky's awesome! I should get my stores to really push it." Akemi adjusted a bit in his seat to sit up some. She tossed him a stick with an underhand throw. He quickly took a substantial bite but took his time savouring the flavor. "Can I see your full aspectation sometime?"

"Maybe after Tange," Porrim replied before taking a bite and chewing, swallowing a gulp, "it's quite a doozy, leaves me tired for days afterwards. Not as crazy as a Haka'hn or a Meruu, or base as an Ey'tis." She shook her shoulders, pointing a thumb to her wings, which were gently swaying behind her. "Try as I might I can't keep these down because of the aspectation."

"Speaking of doozies, I gotta ask, are you just saying after Tange all the time because you think that's how long it'll take you to mentally prepare yourself for seeing what I'm packing without needing to frantically reach for an inhaler?" Akemi had been crafting this silly remark for a good while.

"We could always do it with you blindfolded and cuffed so you wouldn't have to worry about being tempted to sneak a peek at what's giving you such bliss." He wondered if he could get the same reaction as the hot sauce remark. Hopefully she wasn't too sensitive about her condition.

She rolled her eyes at him. "That's for a separate condition. Stendhal's, they call it. I'm numb to seeing another dong, even the one between my legs." Though sometimes, she surprised herself.

"Are you disappointed at all that Aran'ya's a spider thing and she doesn't shit silk you can tie her up in?" These were Akemi's burning questions. Porrim nearly choked on her jerky.

"It'd be practically impossible to break given the strength of spider silk," she was talking from experience here, "took ages to get it out of my hair," she groaned, mussing her hair as she headed back towards her desk. "Unless you're into heavy bondage; It's stickier than the wrong side of duct tape."

"Did you fuck a quahhg?" Akemi asked pointedly with absolutely zero hesitation.

Porrim blinked incredulously. "A what?" Eyebrows raised like the hammers on a coach gun. "Keep in mind Lorath didn't even know about Nepleslia until about ten years back, your time."

"A giant, furry, ugly, horned spider thing in adult form that can be like the size of this room, but is kinda cute as a baby. I could draw it for you. Are you guys really best buds with animals?" Akemi wondered how much Porrim could take of this line of questioning. "Also, I can dig heavy bondage."

The intercom on Porrim's desk buzzed. "Captain, we need you on Bridge." It was the voice of one of the bridge team, a New Tur'lista man. "We need to plan our movement on Tange and assemble a ground team."

The increasing incredulity evaporated from Porrim's face as she looked towards the desk and replied. "Sure thing, be up in a moment. Just have a guest."

"Right, right," the operator replied, "just make sure your fly's done up." The line fizzled out.

Porrim turned back to Akemi. The conversation, though engaging and enlightening into the mindset of this Nekovalkyrja was beginning to head towards oddball locations. "Well, guess I'll see you once we hit Tange. Been fun talking to you," she said as she walked past and - he could feel a pinch on his buttock while she walked towards the Captain's Chair and sat down, "dismissed~" she waved towards the door.

"Thanks for the jerky and the tea ma'am. You're an awesome person to put up with me. I'm really glad we met." Akemi bowed sincerely a substantial depth and pranced away.

As he was heading towards the door, Porrim looked up and commanded "Engage!" The chair begun rising as a cautionary, transparent hardlight screen came up around her the chair and a portion of the floor around it begun rising into the Bridge. Meanwhile, the door out opened for Akemi, and closed behind him, locking itself now that Porrim wasn't in the room.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back