• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny [In transit to Destiny] Late arrivals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cora

Inactive Member
Nei was seated in a small, fairly cramped shuttle sending more colonists and crew to the YSS Destiny, a one-of-a-kind extra large with a side order of fries, colony ship. She was looking out a side window, even though she's been in space several times since she left home, the sight of an ever shrinking planet, lost in the seas of stars, was always a marvelous sight to the small Fenyaro.

"Wow...â€

Seekrin's black fur ears twitched excitedly picking up on the gibberish of many people talking at once. The shuttle was cramped and full of hazards at least for the little Fenyaro who sat cross-legged and comfortable in her seat. Her raccoon tail was wrapped around herself tightly. It had been stepped on once already and she wasn't risking her fur again until she was off this shuttle.

She peered out into the dark beauty of space and thought of just how big space was. She wondered how many stars there were. Seekrin couldn't deny that she was excited, and she couldn't hide the large smile that formed across her face. Her eyes were also large with wonder and awe.

Since she didn't expect to be paid very much for the next while, the small Sha'Nai had put herself on a tight budget. She wanted to make sure she would have enough if there were an emergency. She promised herself to have fun getting a few more clothes as soon as there was a prospect of more funds.

Her toes wiggled as she readjusted the cross-legged position she had taken in her seat. No one as of yet had yelled at or scorned her for removing the boots from her padded digigrade feet. It wasn't as if she were walking around in bare feet, all she was doing was sitting. Seekrin figured she'd place the boots back on when they docked.

Seekrin found herself wondering if anyone on the YSS Destiny would be smaller than herself. It seemed unlikely that any staff would be. It was her first placement and she wondered how big the Destiny's kitchens were. She imagined that like everything else she'd seen and experienced since leaving her home world it would be giant. Seekrin somewhat hoped that any quarters she received would be near to or as close as one could get to the kitchen. There would be less likelihood of getting trampled she reasoned. Then again any quarters would do so long as she had somewhere to sleep. Those furry black ears continued to twitch as she fidgeted trying to calm her nerves and her excitement down. A whole new place to explore was just so close that the little Fenyaro couldn't help but hug her tail in anticipation.

"Come in Destiny, this is shuttle 36-D, requesting clearance to land, do you copy.â€

They would be docking soon Seekrin figured stretching out her legs as she tried to pull on her black boots. Her tongue stuck out just a little bit as she concentrated on her task. She lacked skill in the art of putting footwear on without ruffling her stockings but with practice she seemed to be getting the hang of this all important skill.

Her ears flicked and focused on an out of place purring noise. Head turning from side to side to locate it's source she stood in her seat peering over it, using it as a source for an elevated point of view. A smile broke over her face replacing the concentration that had once been there. "I know you!" She blurted outloud directing her voice to Nei. She seemed to finally notice some of the grunts that came from passengers trying to sleep. Scratching her nose in a timid gesture she put on an apologetic face. Her ears flattened against her head and she spoke quieter. "Your Nei right ? We met at Senator Nanaha's. The Destiny is so big. One big adventure. " Her eyes lit up with excitement and a distant sense of wonder.

"Shuttle 36-D, this is the Destiny, we have you on scanners, continue your path into bay 39, co-ordinates set, you will be guided in with the gravitic field. Welcome aboard the Destiny." The Destiny's gravitic field distorted, and gently pulled the shuttle to the Destiny, the AI deactivating the relevant shield grid, and then placing it down gently.

"Roger that Destiny, we hear you and are proceeding accordingly." The pilot confirmed as he turns to the co-pilot and nods.

Meanwhile, Nie, having been alerted of a presence that knew her, looked up suddenly, the porkchop she was nibbling on, flipping up to smack her on her nasel bridge. After a second to stow her chop, she looked around and responded.

"Hello?"

A second after that, a voice came over the inter ship comm. "This is the pilot speaking. We're going to be landing on the Destiny soon, everyone make ready to disembark."

Nei pondered for a second then repacked her duffle and standing she slung it over her shoulder and padded to the back bay doors. A few moments and a soft shift in weight and the rear doors opened with a hiss.

Seekrin was about to speak again to get Nei's attention but the ship's inter comm. went on announcing the need to prepare to depart. She sighed and pulled her bag from beneath her seat holding it tightly to her chest. She waited a bit before getting in the rows of people ready to get off. At least she hadn't been stepped on yet. As everyone jostled out and Seekrin caught her first glimpses of the interior of the YSS Destiny the little Sha'Nai's ears twitched to life with excitement.

She walked out of the small ship and on to the Destiny and the first thing she said in an awe struck tone "It's Huge!â€

A red-headed officer finally entered and, upon seeing the disarray in the shuttle bay, sighed and snatched an electronic clipboard from upon a communication terminal. He then positioned himself in such a way as to direct the new arrivals.

His gray-paneled uniform had been loosened as if he had been either working or had just become uncomfortable, and he looked a bit sleepy, but he quickly managed to get most of the new departures housed, directed, and generally done with.

Then he came to a little creature that he didn't off-hand recognize (not that he had been informed of these new arrivals, more's the pity.) It must be one of those new creatures - what were they called? He caught site of another. He'd never seen real ones, just pictures on a vid screen. He looked quietly down at them for a minute, then brought up their files on the clipboard screen.

"Nitô Heisho Zao-Fe and Santô Hei Talis?" he asked, looking up from his work but not stopping to hear their answers - there was very little chance of mistake, "Zeo-Fe is assigned to tower three, floor twenty-one, room seven. Talis, you are assigned to the same tower, same floor, but one room over - the sixth room. Welcome to the YSS Destiny, any questions?"

All of a sudden his clipboard began beeping. A little screen popped up, and he took a bit of time to read it. "Seekrin, you also have quarters beside the kitchen and your workplace has been adapted to your size in advance." So said the clipboard, so said he! How people figured this stuff out beforehand was beyond him...

Seekrin listened intently as she was assigned her quarters. Then she was surprised when she had second quarters assigned to her. Her eyes lit up when she discovered someone had taken the liberty to adjust a workstation to accommodate her size. It seemed like someone was looking out for her and she silently thanked whoever and whatever it was. She scratched her nose and cocked an eyebrow as she tried to figure something out.

She had one question she wanted to ask but waited for the man to finish. Her ears twitched and she looked up at the man. "Santô Hei Seekrin Talisâ€

Nei mentally catolouged her new quarters, and stayed silent as Seekrin voiced her question, watching the smaller Fenyaro bubble about she seems to do so much.

"Nei also has a question." She piped up as she raised a finger. "Where is the medical facilities?" She asked, plain and simple. "Nei is a doctor and from the regester Nei saw, you don't have a staff physician on board."

Koji nodded. "Yes, Ma'am, you have two quarters. It seems we have a surplus. As to the location of the medical facilities, you need only ask the computer for a digital map."

Koji's neck was getting a crick in it from looking down so much. He'd also went over two days without sleep, which wasn't normal. All-in-all he was getting pretty tired of this job already, and the mention of quarters reminded him that he would soon be retiring to his own quarters for a good rest.

(( OOC: Sorry I took so long to reply. IRL stuff I've been doing. ))

Seekrin grinned her ears twitching about randomly her tail swinging leisurely. "I'll go with Nei to my first quarters thenâ€

Koji smiled, laughing a little bit. The spirit was commendable and he liked it. Refreshing.

"At ease. As to myself; Kojiro Kagawa, Acting Sub-Lieutenant, Tempoarary Chief of Staff, Head of Navigation. Si'pleasure, Santô Hei." Before she could say anything else on the subject of introductions, he informed her; "I am still trying to figure out who all these people are, and I don't have a file on a Head Chef yet. You just might be it." He shrugged. No news was good news, apparently!

"Ok sir. I think I'll be going. I need to get settled in and find my way to the kitchen" Seekrin nodded her goodbye before clutching her bag and scampering of happily. Avoiding people's misplaced feet as she found her way around.She really hoped she wouldn't get lost on such a big ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back