• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Independent news] Yamatai Causing Stir

The camera flicked on, showing a somewhat tall, dark-haired Nepleslian man sitting in what appeared to be an office chair, the cramped bridge of a small starship in the background. the man cleared his throat, before beginning.

"Hello, Kikyo Sector! This is Johnathan Nichlaus, Independent News Reportere, today bringing you my first official broadcast! As far as news goes, Yamatai has made it easy on me with some False claims about Nepleslia stranding people on Nepleslia Prime."

The video feed switches from the reporter to a video of Nepleslian ships, and an orderly disembarkation of former Jiyuuian citezens, whom are all being treated well, and being given instructions on what to do. Many are discussing things with the present personnel, and more than a few are showing gratitude toward their rescuers. after showing this montage for a few moments, the video cuts back.

"As you can see," the reporter began, "these people are very obviously stranded and being treated unfairly." A wry smirk interrupted the man's speech. "I cannot condone the incorrigible actions of my countrymen! How could they? I mean, giving a people a choice, supplies, and all the help they needed or wanted? This is madness." The reporter now adopted a look of deep sadness and regret. "Alas, there is nothing this humble reporter can do to help the situation, but I can keep watch and make sure that no trouble befalls upon the courageous people of Jiyuu! They held on until the very last second, which is more than I can say for others."

The video feed switched again, to an old video of the 9th fleet's evacuation of Tami, taken from the view of an origin ship that had been in the battle. this only played a few moments before returning to the reporter.

"I will now leave you with this question: What should you do about the horrible conditions our friends the Jiyuuians have been placed in?" The wry smile accompanied this, obviously showing the remark to be sarcastic.

"This has been Johnathan Nichlaus, Independent Journalist."

With that, the newscast cut off.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…