• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Information and strategiest?

Kendokio

Inactive Member
I was considering making a Informaton and strategy person, however, are they an overly used character type? *doesn't want to be sterio typical* Yeah, is there some character type that is needed if the information type people are overused?

Mercenaries and infantry are the over used character, not strategists. If you can play a good stratagist, i.e. actualy come up with good strategies, then go ahead. That's my three cents.

I don't expect to start important.... B) But information..... I have to be an officer first and since they arent overused *glee* now I just need to rank up, is playing as an npc for awhile ok? just to get into the swing of things, and oes my board rank need to be officer to play an information person as i belive it does?

Zack and Thomas pretty well summed it up, the overused, stereotypical characters are introverted mercenary tough-guy sensitive orphans (or any one of those). I don't understand what you mean by playing an NPC. The point of an NPC is that a player doesn't RP them, it's the GM. I thought there was a discussion about changing the whole board rank thing, but I guess it's not going to change. Just don't be like Zakalwe and reach my post count in two weeks. :)

Jadg Wolf said:
Zack and Thomas pretty well summed it up, the overused, stereotypical characters are introverted mercenary tough-guy sensitive orphans (or any one of those). I don't understand what you mean by playing an NPC. The point of an NPC is that a player doesn't RP them, it's the GM. I thought there was a discussion about changing the whole board rank thing, but I guess it's not going to change. Just don't be like Zakalwe and reach my post count in two weeks. :)

I don't thinks its possible personally.... If you knew me you would know I lack the potential to go up and post like that.... plus I have a report, a take home test, and an hours worth of homework this night..... I doubt its possible

Or have 8 hours of work at an office, with nothing to do, and access to the internet. That works quite well.

Anyway, to stay on topic: Since you have to stay within ranks, you could probably have your character be a strategic advisor, under the enlisted area. If the admins allow anyway.

In my defence, I have never abused by board rank. My characters, before Arild Bard, where both reasonably insignificant. And I only created Arild when I worked out I needed to be the Captain of the Destiny. Well at least my board rank is limited now. I am no longer Taisho *sighs*.

Never said you were B) Well anyway what is everyones thoughts on a strategic advisor as an occupation, it sounds pretty good :D and it serves my purposes more than well enough!Though I'm not sure how good for an inteligence officer it will make....

For any sort of advisorial role like that, you might as well start a normal character and, through RP and development, shape them into the character you want. It's easier to sensibly take the advice and play along with a character with a past than it is to read a blurb on his sheet alluding to some great development and insight you weren't present for and can't really cross-check.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back