• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Intelligence Report: Shuristain Food Shipments

Commissar Farzi

🎖️ Game Master
RP Date
46.4-46.5
From a hand-carried message. The exterior is a plain black tube, easily mistakable for a thermos of some kind.

To: Grandmaster Albert Steiner

Subject: Senti Rumors

Grandmaster, while normally we wouldn't concern ourselves with the Slaggers; as with the fewer there are in the universe the easier things are for us-during a recent trade venture to Essia in Yamataian space I have had a number of concerning reports from local merchants as well as news stories that there are rumors abounding of some kind of issue in relations to one of the flotillas; Shurista-aside from the concerning the rumors of a refurbished warfleet-another problem we may have to deal with-but that of a potential food security issue. It should be noted that this information, given the difficulties and distances of space travel is roughly a year out of date, but based on the news report-these reports also match up with others from various other merchants, as well as others that have been serving as fronts throughout the sector as well as messages from the Cohort attached to the 1st XF that the situation is reportedly steadily worsening. While again, as stated we wouldn't concern ourselves with such matters-the last thing that's needed is for these Shuristans to go the route of the Katamurans. We may wind up in a shooting war with Yamatai as a result should these fears come to pass. As the Cats don't seem all that inclined to deal with this despite indicators of something being very wrong, perhaps it would be wise for us to look into the matter discreetly, as we do not have the resources to fight a three-front war, let alone the two-front that we're currently facing given the continual assaults on our shipping.

I await your response.

Jholm

---

1 month later, hand-carried message

To: Knight-Captain Jholm

This report, as you stated, is one of concern. While I do not see the reason, and would not be bothered with the Senti's problems, as you stated another flotilla potentially resorting to piracy; though out of desperation rather than simply because they simply wish to-is a grave concern; not only to us, but the rest of the sector. As you stated this issue needs to be 'nipped in the bud' as the Skirts would say, and quickly-we will see to potentially sending an agent or two to Shurista and see what the trouble is. The sooner this is dealt with, the sooner we can devote resources to other issues of greater importance. Continue monitoring the situation, and provide me with further reports as the situation develops.

Albert Steiner

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back