Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Bounty Hunts [Interlude 1] A Night Out

Sham

Inactive Member
=== Delsauria - Maharombi ===

Nicholas was walking down the strip, a brightly lit area lined with people. It was getting late, and he was taking a break from finding what he could on the gang that had attacked the "Iron Ferret". Currently he took a turn down a street lined with bars, that were filling up with patrons, and the loud sounds of the bars were spilling into the street.

Nicholas looked around at the crowds, taking in all the people, each one could be a threat. He also took note of all the routes to escape, including the rooftops. He was wondering if he should stop at a bar, he wasn't one to drink much, maybe a shot or two of some liquor.

He reached inside his duster again and tapped the holster for his handgun, feeling reassured by its presence. He had his sniper rifle in his bag, taken apart, he couldn't leave without it. He was just finishing looking into another bar when he heard some particulary loud noises breaking out in the next one. He debated whether he should cross the street to avoid whatever might be breaking out, but decided against it. The street was too open.

The momentary hesitation would prove to be startling to Nicholas. Suddenly the glass front of the bar shattered outwards, carrying alongside the glass a form that thudded to the ground. Red hair sprawled out behind a pale neck, the form of what looked like a small girl lay unmoving on the ground. After a moment or two, she began to stir. A groan of pain at first, then annoyance, she began to sit up.

A yelp escaped her mouth as she finally sat all the way up. Leaning to the side, she reached under her butt and after a moment with fumbling around, grit her teeth and yanked out a shard of glass roughly five inches long. She stared at the bloody intruder for a moment before she looked up to Nicholas. Behind the emerald green eyes, the man would see an angry fire burning.

"He threw me out the window....he THREW me out the window!" Standing, she gripped the shard of glass in a cybernetic hand, shattering it before throwing the bits to the floor. Pointing an accusatory finger into the bar at an unseen patron, she shouted with a voice full of fury.

"YOU THREW ME OUT THE BLOODY FUCKING WINDOW! I'M GOING TO TEAR YOUR EAR OFF WITH MY FUCKING TEETH! RRRRAGGGH!" With the war cry, the girl took two steps, planting a foot on the edge of the window sill before launching herself back into the bar. A moment later, a girlish scream of fear and pain sounded aloud.

Nicholas recoiled when the glass shattered, resisting the reflex to grab his sidearm. Upon noticing the fallen woman, he started to walk forward to offer his assistance, until she glared at him. He stopped, and watched her, deciding it was best to avoid her for now.

Nicholas started forward when the girl disappeared into the bar, looking to see what she would do, he felt sorry for the man who apparently threw her out of the bar. She looks like she would eat a man's heart in front of him, after ripping it out of his chest. He peered inside the window to see what was up.

Nicholas would be greeted with the sight of the small girl, latched to a much larger man's back like a monkey, biting at his ear. Seemed she was good on her word as his shout of pain turned to a shrill scream just as a rip was heard. The ear came free as she ripped her head back and away before spitting it on the ground. Mouth bloodied, she punched him in the back of the head, dropping him to the floor unconscious and giving her enough time to find her feet.

Huffing a little, she looked around at the others, all wide eyed now.

"ANYONE ELSE GONNA MAKE FUN OF THE FACT THAT I'M APPRENTLY RELATED TO FUCKING LEPRACHAUNS?!"

A chorus of shaking heads was all she needed to see.

Nicholas looked on wide-eyed, She is a bona-fide brute. He gingerly climbed through the window, wincing as the glass cracked under his boots. He raised a hand, "Barkeep, shot of fine liqour if you please." He kept a face of calm on, it didn't look good if he appeared scared, although he wouldn't want this little lady to jump on him, he already had one cybernetic ear.

Many of the patrons looked at Nicholas in disbelief. A man just got his ear ripped off by this chick, and he came in through the window, as if nothing had happened, and ordered a drink. The barkeep poured a glass, and set it on the counter.

Tecuma looked the man over, glaring at him for a moment before she hopped back up to her stool. It was a little comical watching her, but as she settled into her seat she tipped her head back and downed a nice portion of a mug of beer. She looked to Nicholas for a moment before she spoke up.

"No issues right? I don't look it, but I AM old enough to drink..."

That wasn't entirely true. Tecuma was only twenty, but thats what fake IDs were for...

"No issues at all." Nicholas replied, taking a seat near the lady, taking his drink, and downing it. He shook his head, as alcohol wasn't his favorite drink, but he liked it every once in a while. Although, like the lady next to him, he wasn't of age to drink either.

"So, any reason for doing that?" He pointed at the man who was now holding his ear, eyes wide. Some of his buddies were calling for an ambulance so they could fix it, if they could.

"Good..." Tecuma took another swig of her beer, finishing it off quickly enough before she called for another. As she waited, she looked over at the man with a sneer.

"He picked me up and asked where his pot of gold was. After shouting at him to put me down he asked when my bedtime was and why I was out so late..." Tecuma growled at the man who seemed to scramble to his feet with the help of his buddies.

"So I punched him in the throat, then he threw me out the window. Then I bit his ear off..." The way she said it, she saw it as a natural progression, like escalation steps taken in a tech call center.

Nicholas raised a brow, "Well, I don't think the authorities will like that one." He watched as the man was carried out, and put into the ambulance. Police sirens could be heard, and they were closing. "What're you going to tell them?"

She's pretty touchy on her height, I'll have to remember that.

"What am I going to tell them? Not a god damn thing..." Tecuma laughed aloud. She heard the sirens coming, and slapped down a bit of money onto the bartop. Looking around she shook out her legs, covered in a pair of camouflage cargo pants tucked into tightly tied Black combat boots. Her top was a somewhat snug fitting shirt.

"I'm outta here. Cops around here hate me as is..." She just shrugged and took off, vaulting over the window sill of the broken front window, and took off jogging down the street away from the incoming sirens.

At least she thought so. In her intoxicated state, she had run directly into the oncoming squad cars.

"Well doesn't that just fuck all..." She said with an huff.

Nicholas walked out, and noted her failed escape. Well... she didn't get far at all. He mused.

Tecuma was stopped by the officers, and they started to do their routine, asking questions, and the like. One of them began to pat her down, searching for weapons, while the other asked what she was running for, and what had happened. Some of the other patrons pointed at her, and said she ripped the ear off the man in the ambulance.

Nicholas pondered what to do, Wonder what I should do, I could probably get her out of this one, she seems pretty hardy. He thought some more while he walked slowly towards them, Police are probably going to question everyone here, some of the people might have the wrong idea about me and her. I can't get busted. He ran his hand over his pistol, and walked quickly towards the police officers addressing Tecuma.

"Excuse me officers!" Nicholas started.

Tecuma huffed as she was patted down, grumbling a little. She had nothing on her which was odd for what she had just done, but she had left her weapons back in her little single room apartment. She was glaring daggers at the patrons as she recounted her version of the story.

"The guy in the ambulance picked me up and started making fun of me, so I punched him. He didn't take kindly to that, and threw me out the window of the bar. We got into a fist fight, and he lost his ear when I punched him and he ducked to the side."

Nicholas arrived next to the officers, "Excuse me officers..." His mind was racing on how to get this lady out of this one. One of the policemen turned to face Nicholas, "Sir, we're busy. Please wait in the bar for us to get around to everyone."

"I'm sorry for the trouble. See..." He pointed at Tecuma, "... my girlfriend here has a little too much to drink. I think it'd be best if I took her home to rest." He handed the officer a slip of paper, "Here's my contact information, and I'll pay for the damages."

He had kept his voice low so the other patrons couldn't hear him talk to the officers. The officers looked at each other, and turned to Tecuma, "What say you?"

"Gi-Girlfriend?! OH you are SO DEA-...Ugh to much to drink..." Tecuma sat down heavily, head in her hands as she swayed back and forth on the curb in her seated position. She was getting a little green in the face now as her chest and back began to twitch in what promised to be a fairly large sized upchucking.

The officers took a step back, while Nicholas took a seat next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "She's getting sick, I'm sure you don't want that in your patrol car officers."

The officers whispered to each other, and turned back to the duo, "Tecuma, if we catch you again, we're going to make sure you make it straight to jail. Thank your boyfriend here, it's a wonder how you snagged such gentleman."

The two officers started into the bar, "Take care of her, and try to ensure she doesn't get into more trouble would you?" they called back. Nicholas nodded and nudged Tecuma, "So... mind directing me to where you're trying to go? Gonna have to play this game a bit longer."

"Apartments...three blocks down..." Tecuma kept the sentences short as she began to dry heave a little, hand over her mouth as if that would stop her. After a moment she made a show of swallowing before she let out a shuddering sigh and stood up.

"Get me there and I'll...I'll get you some cash or something I don't know..."

Nicholas nodded, and kept his arm around her, guiding them towards the indicated destination. The duo got a few looks, mostly from the locals looking at Tecuma, and surprise at Nicholas.

They would reach the apartments with no difficulties, as Nicholas followed her directions.

Nodding at the apartments, Tecuma began to dry heave a little again, stopping at the steps of the building. After a moment and having though she got it down, she nodded to continue on. A step later, she turned, headbutting him in the gut before emptying her stomach contents right into his crotch and legs.

Nachos, a hot dog, and lots of alcohol....

Nicholas recoiled, and looked down in disgust, "Oh, come on now." Ruined my pants He held her back up, "Went and ruined my pants... let's get you home, I need to change my pants now." He sighed, Maybe I should have just slipped out. He nudged her to continue.

Tecuma nodded, trying to brush off his pants with her hand a little roughly. Grunting a little she turned after her attempt and moved into the apartments. Three floors up and ten doors down found them in the front of her living quarters for the time being.

"Got a washer inside... Just gotta find the right key." A few moments of fumbling and searching, passing the same four keys about six times and they finally found themselves inside. Tecuma made a beeline for the bathroom, waving off in the direction of a closet off to the left as she began to pray to the porcelain god.

Nicholas waited for her to leave the room before he undid his belt, and dropped his bag to the ground. He produced another pair of pants, having to remove his sniper rifle from the bag first to wrestle them out. He slid his pants off, and pulled the new pair on, slipping the belt into the belt loops, but not tightening it as he found the washer machine.

"Some situation I've gotten into, washing clothes at someone else's place, someone I hardly know." He threw the pants in, and fiddled with the machine, till he figured out how to start it. After that, he inspected his weapons as he waited for Tecuma to finish her prayers.

Tecuma would be a short while, giving Nicholas a while to look around. Off in the corner of the room, somewhat not out of place for the girl, rested a grenade launcher and a Minigun, along with a pistol. Eventually Tecuma would exit the bathroom after gargling some water. Walking to the kitchen sink to spit it out, she made a glass of water for herself.

"You want anything? Got some beers, some soda, and water which tastes like ass..."

"I'll pass." Nicholas replied, looking around the room, noting the heavy-grade weapons, "You got some firepower in here, what do ya use it for?"

Tecuma got herself a water, drinking some down before she looked back to him.

"Bounties. I've been hunting some of them here on the planet. Why...?"

Nicholas noted the answer, shaking his head up and down, "Not exactly normal for someone to have a grenade launcher, and a minigun in their home. They aren't exactly quiet." He replied.

"Not exactly normal to just be toting around a sniper rifle in a duffle bag either." Tecuma countered as she sipped at her water a little.

"Like I said, I hunt bounties."

Nicholas brushed a hand over the forementioned rifle, "A man has to be prepared to take another's life at any time, especially when said life is worth something to certain people." He did an elaborate bow, "Nicholas Clarke, Bounty Hunter." He held his bow while he awaited her response.

Tecuma just raised a eyebrow, before shrugging. "Tecuma Citlalli...Bounty Hunter I guess. Only gotten some small fry truth be told." She grumbled a little at the thought.

Nicholas ended his bow, looking back up at Tecuma, "I've seen some business. I'll admit I'm still a little green." He rubbed the back of his head.

"I bet." Tecuma sighed a little, drinking down a bit of her water to get the taste of vomit from her mouth. "Part of a outfit? Or just playing solo?" She asked.

"I guess you could say I'm with a crew." Nicholas replied, "You?"

"All by my lonesome self. I just got off of Nepleslia anyway... And honestly not many people stick around me to begin with. Something about my charming personality." She confessed, downing the glass of water before going for a second.

Nicholas guffawed, "I think you're absolutely enchanting." He put extra emphasis on 'absolutely'. He said it with a flourish.

Tecuma lifted a eyebrow at the man, giving him a otherwise dead pan look.

"You sure you're not drunk there dude?" She asked.

Nicholas nodded, "Perfectly sober... mostly. Had a spot of liqour. Why?"

"Because I've been called a lot of things, but Enchanting? Hah, not really one of them." She admitted, a small blush creeping over the bridge of her nose which only served to highlight her freckles even more.

"Enchanting, utterly enchantiinnggg." He exagerrated, grinning. "Who would dare call you anything else?"

"Those guys back in the bar for one. Or did I imagine shouting something about being related to leprachauns?" She asked as she narrowed her eyes. "Is someone putting you up to this? Cause if that are, I'm gonna shove the barrel of my gun up their ass and take them for a spin..."

Nicholas waved his hands in front of him, "No, no, I am sincere." He looked back in forth, "To be honest, I'm not supposed to be out and about right now."

"And just why is that?" Tecuma asked, tilting her head a little. She sat on the small couch now, crossing her ankles over one another as she leaned on her now bent knees. The blush was still there but she was doing her best to ignore it.

Nicholas rubbed the back of his neck, "Supposed to be doing some work..."

"And instead, you had to take care of me huh? Well now I feel like a bitch..." Tecuma frowned a little.

"No, it's not like that. I slipped out to take a bit of a break from working, I've been doing it all day. You seem like a fine lady, and you didn't deserve getting carted away with those officers." He paused, "Though... biting that man's ear off was a little extreme in my book." Nicholas replied, his voice was reassuring.

"Yea well he deserved it." Tecuma said in her defense. In her drunken state, with the grevious insult laid on her, she had felt completely justified in biting his ear off.

"I mean come on! He threw me through a window!"

Nicholas shrugged, "That's true enough. You won't bite my ear off right?" He pointed at his right ear, the cybernetic one, "I've already lost one."

"As long as you don't piss me off then throw me through a window I won't" She raised a eyebrow at the man again, almost as if daring him.

Nicholas nodded, "Well, I wouldn't do that to a lady such as yourself, enchanting as you are." He smiled again.

"St-Stop calling me enchanting damnit!" Tecuma shouted at him, intent now on studying her lap. She wasn't used to guys talking to her like that. The blush was back in full force across her cheeks.

"I thought ladies liked being complemented, I read a book about it." Nicholas offered, noticing her blush, "You don't?"

"Not some guy I just met, that I puked on his crotch on!" Tecuma admitted as she took another swig.

"Sides... No one has ever really complimented me before. Usually they just make fun of me or want to throw something at me."

Nicholas looked down at his lap, "No harm, no foul on that, I can always just wash em."

He thought to himself for a moment, then added, "Well, that's hardly fair of em. I like to consider myself an 'educated' man, and I can't say anything bad about a fair lady, wouldn't sit right with me."

"...And anything about me sits right with you to say I'm a fair lady? You sure you're not tripping on somethin?" She asked, not quiet sure she was believing what she was hearing...

Nicholas shook his head, "I'm perfectly fine. At least, as far as I know." He paused, "You ever have someone to complement you?"

"I just said I didn't, didn't I?" She asked, looking up at him again to point with the glass holding hand, water sloshing around a little.

"I usually got in fights or whatever, never really noticed it. Guys always thought I was a little kid or somethin."

"Well that's hardly fair to you." Nicholas supplied, "I guess that's why you're a bit red then?"

"Is that a joke about my hair or som-...Oh..." Her tone starting angry, she quickly realized what he meant, her face turning even more red, all the way to the tips of her ears.

"I...I uh guess?"

Nicholas laughed, "It's allright, I don't bite." Although... you might. He thought to himself.

Tecuma looked at Nicholas, trying to will the blush on her face away sadly to no avail. With a sigh, she did her best to change the subject instead. "So...Anything I can do to help, since I stuck you with babysitting duty there for a while?"

"Babysitting? I was under the impression I could leave at any time, choosing to stay rather than leave." Nicholas answered.

"Do you always talk so confusingly? I'm still kinda drunk here..." Tecuma admitted, squinting at him a little.

"Oh, well. I thought I could go when I wanted to." Nicholas simplified for her.

"Oh...Well, Yea I guess." She nodded, understanding now as she blinked a few times.

"Though I doubt you'd want to leave your pants behind." She admitted.

Nicholas looked at the washer machine, "That too!" I forgot about those for a bit there.

"Why, did you want me to leave?" He added.

"Not really. It's nice having someone around to talk too." Tecuma admitted as she seemingly studied her lap.

"Not to mention maybe I can weasel some work out of you or something. Last few jobs I've done barely covered the rent on this fuckin place..."

Nicholas pointed his index finger up, "Oh, I can get plenty of that for you. Work I mean. Of course, I can stay around to talk too."

"Don't want to hold you up if you have work to do..." Tecuma admitted, trying to at least sound a little disinterested in the proposition.

"Oh, I have plenty of time to do it, this could be the last time I see you. I think work can wait a few hours." Nicholas replied, "This is no hinderance to me."

"How are you such a smooth talker?" She asked as she scratched the back of her red head of hair, looking off to the side. "And why does this have to be the last time... Maybe I could...I dunno join you guys? Not like I'm making much money here."

"I'm sure the rest of the crew wouldn't mind if you join us for our adventures." Nicholas answered, "I know I wouldn't." He said grinned.

"Ok, when I come along, you gotta cut down the cheesy come ons a little ok?" While she said one thing, the blush on her face said another...

"I won't make any promises." Nicholas winked, "I'm sure they don't hurt ya."

Tecuma just mumbled a little, pressing the heels of her hands into her ankles as she looked away.

"No, but they're embarrassing..." She admitted.

Nicholas shrugged, "If you really don't want me to..."

"Not saying that!" Tecuma said, probably a little more forcefully then she had wanted before realizing what she had done.

"Oh, so you do like it!" Nicholas laughed, "No need to hide it. I mean, your face shows it pretty well." He laughed it a little longer before adding, "It's alright, I have plenty of them left for you."

"I-...I'm gonna punch you in a second!" Tecuma admitted, making a fist with her Cybernetic hand, shaking it at him a little threateningly.

Nicholas walked over and placed a hand on her fist, "You don't need to be so defensive, punch me if you really want to." He looked her in the eye, at least, best he could.

Tecuma seemed to scramble back and away from Nicholas as he put his hand on hers, tipping herself back over the couch she was sitting on and landing on the floor with a thud. It never seemed to phase her as she sputtered out.

"Wh-wh-wh-what do you think you're doing?!" She demanded.

Nicholas sat down where he was earlier, "Well, you seemed pretty distressed over something that's relatively harmless. I thought you needed to relax." He felt furthering his 'advances' by helping her up might get him a fist in the face.

"I'm just not used to it damnit ok!?" She shouted at him as she found her way to hang over the back of the couch, glaring at him darkly.

"I'm not good with all that girly crap ok?"

He held his arms out, "Allright, allright." He conceded, "I'll just be over here then, and I'll take my leave when I get my clothing." Nicholas looked down, and fished out his leather-bound journal, and starting scribbling in it while he waited.

Tecuma eventually climbed back over the couch, eyeing him still for a moment before she let out a sigh. "Sorry if I came across as a bit of a bitch ok? I'm really just not used to it. I'd uh...Still like to tag along if I could..."

Nicholas didn't look up, "I'll let the leader know that you're interested. You are forgiven for your prior transgression." He didn't stop writing while he talked.

"Huh..." Tecuma eventually sat down again, bobbing a leg off the side of the couch as she craned her neck trying to get a pek at the journal. "Whatcha writtin?" She asked.

"Whatever comes to mind, just a brainstorming journal." He replied, tapping the pen on the book. 'It's relatively random material."

Tecuma nodded a little, understanding somewhat. "Whatcha brainstorming about?" She asked again.

"This and that, usually ideas for writing. Don't get far usually." He kept his answers short.

"So you like to write? Thats cool." Tecuma smiled a little easier now as she kept bobbing her foot. "What kinda stories?"

"Whatever catches my fancy." He glanced at her, "Why?"

"You asked me a ton of questions, I get to do the same to you." She replied easily enough, still trying to get a look.

"That's fair. Continue asking as you please then." Nicholas replied, looking up again, "Did you want to see it?"

"Sure..." Tecuma nodded, scooting aside a little on the couch to let him join her.

"How'd you get into the business?"

Nicholas sat down next to her, and laid the journal on his lap. "Felt like writing to get away from the woes of the world."

The journal itself was covered in a haphazard array of various one-line sentences. It didn't seem there was any particular order.

"I meant bounty hunting..." She said as she tried to read and make sense of some of what was written.

"Oh, that makes sense." He replied, "Well, I didn't have any parents, so I got thrown into a gang when I was young. I guess I became a bounty hunter when I put a bullet through the leader's head for the money. Laid low for a while after that one."

"I didn't have any either, know the pain. I just got left on the steps of a monastery on Nepleslia prime... Kinda fucked up huh? I mean...I haven't seen a single other one on the planet, but me? Get dropped. Go fucking figure huh?" Tecuma pursed her lips for a moment before lifting a hand.

"I ran into some thugs picking on kids from the monastery, beat the hell out of them. They ran home to the big bad boss and they grabbed me and chopped my arms off. How I got these beauties..." She rolled the cybernetic hands, flexing the fingers and looking at them for a moment before continuing.

"So, I went out with some cash I had saved, bought that chain gun, and that grenade launcher, and I leveled that fuckers house... Cops showed up, saw who I had taken out, and gave me some cash on the spot." She just shrugged a little at the thought.

He laughed half-heartedly, "Guess both of us got a bit screwed over, one more than the other. Screwed nevertheless." Nicholas idly wrote down another sentence on the sheet, something along the lines of a group of heroes all coming from twisted pasts.

"Another story Idea?" She asked, watching him write things down. "You should try writing them out one time, see what happens..." She rolled her ankle a little as she sat there, sipping again at her water. Needed to keep water in to keep the hangover away after all.

Nicholas waved his hand in dismissal, "Done and done, get stuck sometime, somewhere. Never seem to finish. Guess I have some sort of curse, or something." His hand idly traced a circle near the top of the page.

"Well, maybe come up with the ideas and let someone else run with them?" She tilted her head watching him still. I mean, you've got tons of ideas for like two or three page short stories, why not do something like that?"

Nicholas shrugged, "Don't know, never thought of short stories. They don't seem to give the characters enough credit, nor the events. They just don't have the impact that novels do." His hand traced a loose figure eight, "Don't want to sell them either, I'll use them sometime I guess."

"Don't even have to sell them. Maybe let someone just write them." She said, frowning again before she stood from her seat. It was around then the dryer dinged for the pants. "Sounds like you're all done."

Nicholas stood and nodded, "That it does." He walked over to retrieve his clothes, and put them in his bag.

"So...You'll call me when you guys get ready to move out, so I can tag along right?" She asked, her tone a little hopeful.

"Can't call ya without a number." Nicholas replied.

"Thats true..." Tecuma muttered more to herself as she pulled out her phone. Looking up her number she gave him the info and a half smile.

"So uh..." She seemed a little awkward, unsure what to say.

Nicholas scribbled it down on one of the pages as she gave him the number, "Got it."

He looked up at her, "What do you mean, 'So uh' ? Is your tongue missing?" He laughed, grinning.

She stuck her tongue out to prove it was there. "I'm not used to saying goodbye to guys leaving my apartment ok? It's just weird."

Nicholas chuckled, "Well, if that's the case, I have a proposition for you." He paused for a second, "Why don't I just stay for a bit longer, then you wouldn't have to say good-bye!"

Tecuma's face flushed yet again when he began talking about propositions and staying longer, her mind racing down pathways the sisters had warned her about. Shaking her head, the curly red hair bouncing as she did, Tecuma just grumbled.

"I need coffee if I'm going to sit here, listening to your come-ons and propositions..." She muttered loud enough for him to hear, stalking over to the kitchen to start making something to sober her up.

He smilied, "Hey, does that mean I can stay?"

"You want some coffee?" She called out from the kitchen, grumbling something about stupid guys with their stupid cute smiles...

"If that's an offer, then sure, if it's no trouble." was his reply, as he hadn't moved from his spot in the living room. "I guess it'll help shake my supposed drunkness." He added.

"You're drunk? You had like... One drink." Tecuma said, eyeing him as she made two cups of coffee. "Want anything in it?" She asked as she added some creamer and sugar to her own drink.

"You keep claiming I'm drunk, or doing some sort of drug!" He replied, "You can put whatever you put in yours, I'm sure you have great taste."

"I'm gonna spit in it you keep that up." Tecuma replied in turn as she fixed his drink up as well. Walking back over she handed him the drink and sat, sipping at her own.

"Don't even know why I'm drinking this shit. Always gets me hyper after a while..."

Nicholas stifled a comment about the spit, keeping it to himself. She tells me to stop, but she makes it so easy...

He thanked her as she gave him the coffee, taking an appreciative sip, "Just as I thought, great taste." He sipped again, "Better too much energy, than too little. At least, that's what I think."

"Yea, but I tend to get bad. They never let me have any at the Monastary where I was growing up at, because they said I started to hoard the pillows in the sleeping area..." Tecuma said as she sipped at her drink a little, eyeing him still.

Nicholas shrugged, "Well, seeing as you are here, and not there, I guess you can horde as many pillows as you want, right?" He returned her looks with looks of his own, dark blue eyes looking her over.

"I have like one pillow, so I suppose I hoard it every night." She shrugged a little, not able to look him in the eye for some reason, keeping her own green eyes turned aside from his.

"Well, fair enough." He replied, "Got anything else you hoard in your coffee-induced state?" He inquired.

Tecuma just shrugged a little. "Not sure really. I would wake up in other peoples beds when I finally passed out, I remember that much." She admitted.

Nicholas raised a brow, "What, so I might find you lying around with me if I stay too long?"

Tecuma choked a little on her coffee, shutting her eyes in pain as she gave a sputtering cough. Punching herself in the chest a little roughly she turned a angry gaze on Nicholas as he coughing subsided.

Her cheeks were flaming red, matching her hair.

He raised his hands in defense, "Sorry sorry, should have made sure you weren't drinking first." He didn't regret the comment, just the fact he had made her choke a little.

"You're a grade A ass you know that?" She commented as she took a few deep breaths before taking another sip from her coffee. She was starting to get an little more level headed the more she drank.

"You stick around to long you'll be on the couch and I'll lock the bedroom door."

Nicholas sipped again, "That's fine, just listing the ' what-if's ' and possibilites, life is full of those..." He left off.

"Blah blah blah. What-ifs just get you caught up with daydreaming bullshit." Tecuma said with an annoyed grumble.

"If that's how you feel about em. I think of them like a series of infinite doors." He replied.

"Course you do, you write. Isn't that like, standard fare for you?" She asked.

"True enough." He replied, finishing his coffee, looking at the cup, "I don't think I need anymore of that, or I'll be up all night, not that I'd mind."

"Well then at least you could keep me company. I'll be up all night, that's for sure." He voice was a little rushed as she finished her sentence, draining her cup. Oddly she started to fidget in her seat slightly.

He laughed, "You just said you horde the pillows, I thought that meant you went to sleep after drinking coffee."

"Hah...Noooo. I steal them while the others sleep, I tend to stay up for a day or so after some coffee. It was a worthwhile trade off to not be taken in by your silver tounge ways though." She accused.

Nicholas pushed his tongue out for a second, before pulling it back, "It's not silver, roughly the same color as yours." He added, "I intend no harm to befall you, you seem to like it anyhow."

"I hate getting beat up, or harm befalling me as you put it. It just seems to happen all the time. I can't help that..." Tecuma said in response as she made pinching motions at the offending tongue with her index finger and thumb.

He raised his arms, "I'm not here for any of that, in fact... I kept you from some figurative 'harm' back at the bar." He continued, "I just got out of harm's way, except my harm's way involved bullets. A lot of bullets. So, I feel good to survive another day."

"Thats all harm ever seems to be, bullets. Why can't it be a fist? You know there used to be a time where a fist was the deadliest thing on the planet? Now it's whoever has the biggest gun. Stupid really..." She grumbled a little.

Nicholas shrugged, and nodded in agreement, "I think skill takes a play in the mix, but that is partially true. Despite all the danger, still end up throwing myself into a job rife with it. Job when you never quite know if you'll come out of the next mission alive, or the way you used to be."

Tecuma just frowned at the thought of what he was saying before she spoke up. "Can't say I enjoy the thought of a job changing me that much, but I suppose those pay better then what I've been getting lately."

"That's what it comes down to doesn't it? The money." He sighed, "Sometimes I wish life had a bit more to it."

"We're all bitches to the all mighty credit." Tecuma just shrugged an little, standing up now and stretching up onto her toes. Scratching her stomach some she eyed him again. "So do you really want a place to crash tonight? I mean I don't mind, just need to know if I need to lock my door tonight."

He looked up, "I don't necessarily 'need' one, but it's a long ways back to the ship." He studied her some more, "I don't see why locking your door is necessary, I'm not going to come in like a specter of the night, but do what you will." He stretched his legs and arms out.

"I've seen the videos at the monastary, I know what you men do, coming into rooms in the night and stealing away girls." She raised a brow at him and smirked a little playfully.

"Help yourself to the fridge if you need anything, but for once I think the coffee is taking it outta me..." Tecuma closed her eyes, letting out a cute half yawn before she blinked.

He stood up, continuing to stretch, "I can assure I've never stolen a woman away, I've only just shot some people. Bad people in my defense, who probably would steal women away at night."

He bowed slightly, "Good night then, rest well. I thank you for your hospitality."

"Yea yea yea thats what they all say..." Tecuma said as she dissapeared into her room. Five minutes later she returned, wearing now a pair of fairly oversized lounge pants with rabbits on them, and a shirt that hung slightly off a shoulder. In her arms, an pillow and a blanket. She tossed them on the arm rest of the couch.

"Some stuff for you tonight. And just look at it as a early payment for letting me tag along." She planted hands on her hips and watched him.

Nicholas bowed slightly again, "Your hospitality knows no bounds, but if that's an early payment, may I inquire what a later payment is?"

Tecuma tilted her head, pursing her lips from left to right before a blush slowly crept over her face. Marching up closer to him, she thought it over for a second before she stretched up on her tip toes, pressing her lips to his for a brief second. Not allowing a retort she quickly retreated, heading to her room.

She stopped at her doorway, still facing away from him as she didn't want him to see her scarlet face.

"Before I get my first real boyfriend, you have to teachmehowtokiss!" The last bit of her sentence seemed one word as she fled into her room and slammed shut the door.

Nicholas stood quietly for a bit, mulling over the past few seconds. Then he spoke loud enough for her to hear him, "Does that mean I'm some sort of test boyfriend to you? I don't mind teaching, but I'd like to know where we stand!"

All he would get in reply was a heavy thump on the wall, either something punching, or hitting the wall, it wasn't really easy to tell.

He paused for a second, "I'll take that as a yes!" He laughed to himself, and sat on the couch.

Tecuma burried herself into her bed, pulling the covers up around her head to make herself a make shift pillow of sorts while still covering herself. A easy enough task with a queen size comfoter on her small body. She tried to calm herself down enough to get to sleep, but somehow kept thinking back to a few moments ago and his face up close.

Nicholas laid on the couch, settling himself as best he could. He mulled over the event of the past few minutes to himself, "Must've took quite the willpower for her to do that, with all her misgivings about men."

He hadn't brought his sleeping clothes, so he removed his shirt, folded it up, and put it in his bag. After, he covered himself up with the blanket she gave him and tried his best to sleep, the coffee didn't help. It'd take awhile, but he'd eventually make the passage to sleep. As he was doing so, he said to himself, "Guess we got a new hunter with us, and apparently I'm a teacher too. The world is a strange place."

=== Conclude ===

RPG-D RPGfix
Back