• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: Bounty Hunts [Interlude 2] Dust-Off

Foxtrot 813

Prettiest Member
Inactive Member
==== THEN ====

It was tiring time, after battle in the sand. The hunters had to recuperate and get back their strength. Not to mention, that they had sand absolutely EVERYWHERE. Still at least they did not have to be there for the aftermath. After helping a bit with the wounded, Kendra got the hunters back on the shuttle and ferried them off back home, to the Iron Ferret.

They did hear that cops showed up at the site just 45 minutes or so later, helping, saving, being shouted on for not showing up. That did not exactly matter to the group anyway. While, Kendra was busy talking with he mercs on the site, she had Jacob swipe as much stuff as he could. No one was paying attention to the shuttle's pilot after all.

On their way back, the hunters could see that the shuttle was filled with stuff,there were knives, several Zen Arms .45, one Fat Boy, a helmet from a Muur Armour, a lonely tripod, several hand grenades, a large medpack, 2 styrling Shot 12s and a golden ring with what appeared to be a middle-finger still attached. There was also a gouged out cybernetic eye of dubious quality and Desmond forgot toreturn the SFR-01 rocket launcher he used to destroy the sand drill, it still had one round left. On top of that they sitll managed to get a conssiderable amount of ammo from several magazines and ammo boxes lying around.

As far as interesting things went, there was a PIMP pistol, a lorath Hand Cannon, a vibro-knive and finally the hammer. It was the hammer that ID-SOL tried to kill Amano with. It must have been tossed out of his hands or something. A large hammer with some sort of device under its head. Upon closer investigation, it was a magazine that could hold up to 3 shaped charges in. A click of a button would load the charge in the bashing part of the hammer and arm it, then all someone had to do was hit something and obliterate it. Of course one would have to be insanely strong to handle the back blast.

==== NOW ====

The hunters found themselves in the wardroom on the Iron Ferret, three days later and with much more energy once Kendra called them all there, saying it was pay time. As they sat around, she slithered into the room, dressed in her tight pink tank-top.

"Here we go folks," She said, putting an envelope in front of everyone. "While you were getting your beauty sleeps and your nails done, I jumped the cop who gave us a job. I got a hold, and squeezed and squeezed getting you some extra money. It's not much, but at least something."

As the hunters opened the envelope, they would find 1500 DA in it, a 50% increase to what was promised. Amanozako would also find a drawing of a piggy in her envelope. As she looked at Kendra, the captain frowned a bit.

"Amano, we got a problem, I chatted with that merc lady yesterday. She seemed a bit worried, since one of her mercs said, he saw 'da lady from the hunter mob fly in the fokkin air'. Those were his words. Now I told her that was crazy shit, that I would know something about having a bloody neko in my 'mob'. So be careful about that crap later. It is enough, that one bloody cop already knows, we do not want the IPG looking in. So no bloody flying! Is that clear?"

Last edited:
Casteel smirked at Kendra's remarks, arms folded where she stood against the wall in the wardroom with the others. The numbers were more than satisfactory with her once she'd checked the contents of her envelope, which she then folded carefully and stuffed into a pocket.

Then she took a moment to pull out what looked like a little plastic zip-lock baggie containing the twitchy remains of... a brain spider. Casteel eyeballed the little thing to make sure it was ok, and then held it up so everyone in the room could see it.

"Hey boss, you got a check for Nais here too?" she called out to Kendra.

Last edited:
"Oh you noticed my nails? Glad to see our boss cares about my appearance." Lapas mimed a checking out his unkempt nails but immediately stopped as the money was distributed. He was content with his pay nothing to complain about.

He looked up as Kendra proceeded to chew out Amano. "Aww go easy on her boss lady, you and I both know that if we had loving and caring genetic engineers to give us flight powers we'd be doing it all the time." Despite all of his snark Lapas did honestly want to defend the neko, even if she probably didn't need it.

Raven grabbed his envelope off the table and mused to himself "I think I know just what I want to do with this money." He also looked around the room at the others and analyzed what he saw since many of them he'd not had much interaction with at the time. He looked at Kendra and then looked at Amano "While I can agree with the not wanting to draw attention to your capabilities. I have to say that the use of your antigrav came in very useful in the ambush. Thanks by the way" Raven said as he pondered the events of the previous night.

Svante just - didn't feel much like talking. It wasn't hard to understand why, really. His good friend and the woman who had gotten him started into mercenary work had been domed under his watch, he hadn't even been the one to get her brainspider back, and now somebody he hardly new or trusted was toying with it in its container like a cheap little amusement. It was enough to make a guy feel a little queasy. He didn't show it though, just standing there with his arms crossed, a stern look on his face, and a cigarette freshly lit while staring at the envelope that was set down on the table. Teal eyes turned on Casteel as she eyed his partner's brain spider.

"Ya mind not playin' with her like she's a toy, yeah?" It wasn't really carrying the proper tone of a question, and had a glare fit to blow a battleship out of orbit aimed right for her, before turning to Kendra, "I'll keep a hand on her pay, and her, till she gets rezzed. Then we can be out of your hair."

Last edited:
Kendra was a bit confused too much people talking to her at once. First she decided to reply to Lapas. "Well we do not have those powers, and I do not care for going to prison for harbouring a cat." Kendra said to the Iroma. "So no flying or whatever. As for her not going down when shot in the head, I can just say she is a cyborg or whatever, but cyborgs cannot fly. Also we need to get better had for her to hide the darn ears, and also make a mechanical glove with little finger." Kendra gave it some thought of how to keep a neko around.

"And you two," Kendra turned to Svante and Casteel. She looked at something squirming in the little zip bag. "First, what the fuck is that?" Then she pointed a finger at Svante and looked Desmonds way. "And who the fuck is that?"

Desmond casually took his envelope, opened it and then tucked it inside his jacket, he was wearing the all-too-familiar gray jacket, black sweater, cargo pants, boots and gloves that he seemed to have an infinite stock off. The bounty hunter didn't bother counting the money, because he at least trusted Kendra not to fuck anyone over payment, specially the neko. He raised an eyebrow when her attention was directed to him, however, "Oh they were with us on the caravan. They looked kinda lost after everything settled down so I brought them in." Desmond said casually, leaning further against the chair he had been sitting on and resting his feet on top of the table. He had a few new bruises bruises and scratches from their last merry little trip, and he had just gotten rid of the slight limp he had been sporting due to the bite he took to the leg. Nasty business, that was, but at east he had made through it alive.

He raised both his arms to his sides, as if it was just something trivial. "And well, you know, one thing leads to another and I figured we could use some extra hands." The bounty hunter said. he was in a good mood, as he always was when it was payday.

"Hey, the plastic bag keeps the dust out," Casteel pointed out to Svante. "Pasco on a plank, here. You take her if you've got anything better to store her in." Between one massive thumb and forefinger she held the plastic ziplock towards the man.

"This here is Nais," the huge Nep woman then went on to explain to Kendra. "Or was. It's her brain spider. Once Svante here gets a new body whipped up for her, she'll be good as new. And asking for her paycheck."

Amanozako sat in silence, examining the payout for the last job. She did not respond to the others comments about her ears or her flying or any other issue they had with what she was. She would in no way stop utilizing her abilities just because a few people felt uncomfortable with them. That said though, she did start filing away plans in her digital memory in case she needed to shoot her way off this barge. She did not trust anyone here and expected that eventually they would turn on her, at which point she would have to take out whoever attempted to get in her way.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…