• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei [Interview]Eika Konpeki

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
The shuttle carrying Eika arrived at Aries station and opened to allow her to exit. Momentarily she would receive a message indicating that the interviewer was ready if she would like to show up early. The message also included directions to the briefing room as well as to storage places for her to store her bags so that she wouldn't have to carry them around. The station was full of people, being a major port for starships, all going their merry ways.

Eika made her way quickly towards the briefing room, stopping along the way to put her duffle back and other equipment into the locker. She took a moment to watch the press and flow of the people. 'Not so different that a ground side city' she thought. She then resumed her travel to the briefing room. Once she got to the door she paused. She concentrated on changing her hair to black, her eyes to brown and hide two of her ear piercings. She looked in her compact mirror to ensure that her appearance was satisfactory. She ignored the small knot in her stomach, no different that the feeling of getting ready to step out on a new stage. She reached up and knocked firmly on the door and waited.

Yoshiko sat in the briefing room looking at the datapad again. "I might as well memorize this." Yoshiko mumbled as she read Konpeki's profile. Yoshiko had only been reading for about three minutes when Eika knocked on the door. Yoshiko signalled for the door to open and looked up at Eika. "Please come in and take a seat, Eika-Hei" the white haired, golden-eyed neko said as she sat her datapad down on the table. The walls of the room were grey with lights about halfway up them that shone both up and down against the wall and were spaced about every two feet. In the center of the room was an oval table with 14 black leather office chairs sitting around it, at the head of which sat Yoshiko. "How are you doing today?" Yoshiko asked.

Konpeki walked into the room and made her way to a chair near the Shosa. As she sat she replied "I'm doing fine ma'am". She took a moment to look at the Neko. She noticed that the Shosa had a rounded face unlike most Nekos. Konpeki sat at attention whil she waited for the Shosa to proceed with the interview.

Yoshiko watched as Konpeki chose her seat. I really like these rooms, it's an interesting way to find things out about how people think. Yoshiko thought as she found the chair problem to be a rather interesting boon. "You can relax Eika-Hei, this is an interview but I'm not scoring you on formality." Yoshiko said before puttin her elbows on the table and resting her head on her hands. "Would you consider yourself a self-motivated person?" Yoshiko asked, jumping right into the interview questions.

Konpeki relaxed slighty,"Yes ma'am. One does not make it performing if one is not self-motivated. A person has to seize an opportunity and make the most of it. But its not just enough for a person to be self-motivated ma'am. A person has to have the drive, and committment to see it through to completion. Permission to speak freely ma'am?"

Yoshiko nodded affirmatively at Konpeki. "Go ahead." Yoshiko said as she listened to what the Hei was about to say. Interesting... Yoshiko thought.

Okay, this is my chance, I have one chance to convince her that I can do this. Konpeki thought. "I know I'm young, and green. But being in SAINT is what I truly want to do. During training my classmates talked about glory, and fame. Personally ma'am if that is all I wanted I could have stayed a performer, and sold out my principles for a big contract. I chose to join the service to make a difference. I chose Star Army Intelligence because it would be a chance to make a difference without the glory. All I can say is, if you give me the opportunity ma'am, I will not let you down. I don't give up. Its not in my nature." Konpeki sat silently, looking at the shosa trying to read her body language to give her some sign of what she was thinking. Well that's that...

Yoshiko couldn't help but smile. "I see, well in that case you've come to the right place. If you're famous and in SAINT then you had best be the director, neither of us are. Realize this though, our job won't always have such visible returns. You might never find out what it is that you stopped, or discovered. It is a thankless job, but one that must be done. I see you're a natural born Neko, what do you think about that?" She's got spunk and she's bold, I like her. Yoshiko thought about the neko sitting before her.

Sounds like she's going to give me a chance, YES. Konpeki thought, keeping here excitement in. "I think it gives me a unique perspective ma'am from those who were born into the service. It helps me, in my opinion to better understand what we're doing all this for and what is at stake. "

Of all of the potential answers, this one caught Yoshiko the most off guard. Huh, that's a pretty thoughtful answer. Yoshiko thought before leaning back into her chair and resting her arms on the armrests. "Alright, one last question then. How do you feel about body transfers?" Yoshiko asked the question then mulled over the possible answers herself. She might not like them, civilians tend to shy away from the idea of giving up their bodies. They identify themselves by their body instead of by their existance. Yoshiko thought. Well, it's not like this question would disqaulify her or anything.

Konpeki stood, "Certainly ma'am" This should be interesting. she thought as she waited for the Shosa to lead her to the rec room.

Yoshiko led Konpeki to a nearby recreation room, as they approached the door slid open for Konpeki to enter. "Everything will be explained inside." Yoshiko said before motioning toward the opening. Through the opening the only thing that would be visible to Konpeki was a wooden table with a lamp hanging over it, casting it's light upon the small structure. On top of the table lay a NSP as well as a datapad. Once Eika entered the room, the door would shimmer out of existance behind her.

Konpeki approached the table. She looked at the two objects. this is different, no explanation before the simulation she thought. She picked up the weapon and examined it.

The NSP seemed no different than any other pistol. It was a type 28 NSP and displayed a full battery.

Konpeki made note of the current setting, and picked up the datapad.

The pad sprang to life in front of Konpeki's eyes. It started reading it's contents aloud. "Santo-Hei Eika Konpeki. This simulation is the second part of your interview." came a computerized voice, "You and a fellow member of the Star Army have discovered a known terrorist inside of Yamataian space. You and your friend have been instructed to monitor David Hughes's" when the datapad reached this point an image popped up on the screen of David, he was a Yamataian with blond hair, blue eyes, and about an average height and build. "movements until appropriate Star Army personel arrive, at which point they will capture him at this location:" Instantly an image of where the capture was to take place popped up on the display.

"You've been watching David for three days now, rotating shifts with your partner James Sanchez.", another image this time of James appeared on screen. James looked like an average Yamataian as well, though he had crisp low cut black hair and black eyes. "It is now your shift." As the voice finished talking the datapad dissolved from view and the world suddenly altered itself. Now Shin was standing in a trashy hotel room, across the street was David's house.

Interesting, can't be this simple though. Konpeki thought, "Okay, James. Any activity worth noting on the target?" She scanned the room visually, then took a position where she could look out the window without being observed.

"None really, same as the last few days. Whatever it is he's doing, he's not going anywhere." James remarked as he stood up and stretched out a little. "I'm going to go grab some food, do you want anything?" James asked, it was clear from the trash that was laying on the floor that the pair had been eating fast food for all of their meals.

"Bring me whatever you get. Doesn't really matter all tastes the same after a few days." she said with a grin. She took the chair that James had vacated and shifted its position so she watch the house across the street and keep the door in her peripheral vision. She switched the NSP to the pulse setting and put it in her lap. "I'll let you know if anything happens while you're gone."

James laughed in return. "Alright, I'll see if I can't pick something new up for you then." the Yamataian said with a grin as before slipping on his jacket and stepping out the door. Meanwhile nothing interesting seemed to be happening over at David's house. About 20 minutes passed before something did happen though. David came out his front door and started walking toward the heart of the city, almost five minutes away on foot. It seemed like he was just a normal person going out for a walk, but occasionally he'd speed up his walking speed before slowing down again as if nothing had happened.

"James, target is on the move, heading towards the heart of the city. I'm going to follow." She picked up the gun and made her way out of the room grabbing a jacket and pulling it on. She stuck the pistol into the pocket in the jacket as she headed down to the street. She looked quickly back at the target's house to see if she saw anyone looking out the window as she adjusted the collar on the jacket. Then turned to start heading after David but staying on the other side. She set her pace so that she would close some of the distance but not make it look like she was trying to catch up.

It wasn't too hard to follow David, his features were slightly distinctive compared to most Yamataians. About two and a half minutes into the city though, David turned back and looked through the crowd behind him, as if looking for someone.

"understood" Figures, wouldn't be a good test if I had help. Konpeki casually crossed the street to the side that David was on and with her eyes looked in the direction David was looking. Trying to see if he was being pursued or not.

David seemed satisfied and turned back around to continue walking. About a block later David repeated the process again, this time lingering on each face to face for a few seconds before walking a little further and turning down an alleyway that was between two taller buildings. It looked like it could have the back or side entrance to a shop possibly, but it was hard to tell without getting closer.

Konpeki quickened her pace towards the alley that David entered. She changed her hair color to Green, and took the jacket off and draped over her hand with the gun. She paused and looked around the corner carefully.

As Konpeki peeked down the alleyway, she heard David start to talk. "Did you bring what I asked for?" David asked, his voice seemed slightly agitated. "Of course I did." the voice that responded however, seemed naggingly familar, and as Konpeki's head slipped around the corner her eyes would reveal why. Standing at the end of the alleyway was James, holding a fast food bag in his right hand and something that Konpeki couldn't quite see in his left.

Double crossing bastard[/] Konpeki thought as she thumbed the NSP to stun mode, Here goes She turned the corner "Good work James getting him out of the house." she said loudly. She held the gun pointed down the alley at the two of them, targeting at James.

James didn't say anything instead Konpeki could feel a flurry of telepathic messages being traded between the two. Keeping his back to Konpeki, David spok out loud. "Akira, if you'd please." Konpeki then felt the muzzle of a gun press into the small of her neck before the world went black. Hovering in the center of the room were red letters. SIMULATION COMPLETE

crap, that's it. I failed.[/] Konpeki stood waiting for the door to appear. Her mind whirled as she tried to figure out her mistake.

Konpeki didn't have to wait long, soon the door appeared, allowing the light from the hallway to spill into the darkened room. Yoshiko stood waiting outside the hallway. "How do you think you did?" Yoshiko asked the Hei as she waited for her to exit.

Konpeki walked out of the room and turned back to Yoshiro. "I died ma'am, which means I failed the mission. If this had been a real situation a terrorist would have escaped. I acted too quickly." Konpeki paused and thought, then said "I forgot the basic instructions of the mission. It was to observe the subject not apprehend. I should have moved to a vantage point observed and followed." she sighed.

"Well, remember this: there is a time for everything. Action and observation included. It is important to be able to determine when that time is, though you didn't do so badly on the simulation. I've decided to accept you aboard the Genei. I've added you to the list of those allowed to access and board. Take your time to get settled in, we depart in 22 hours don't be late." Yoshiko said to her new crewmember.

It took a moment for what the Shosa said, "You.. I.. You.. Thank you ma'am. I won't." Konpeki tried to keep a smile of her face but failed. Konpeki handed the Shosa the NSP and bowed to her. Then turned and walked down the hallway, partway down her enthusiasm go the better of her and she let out a hoot of happiness.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back