• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei [Interview]Nobusuke Okichi

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
Once the Genei had landed at Ueno Kohana and the operation had been set up and begun, Yoshiko had set about ensuring everything was handled properly concerning the Genei. While doing that Yoshiko kept an eye out for potential candidates when she stumbled onto one Nobusuke Okichi. Well, she doesn't have any official training but she looks like she has some potential. I might as well give her an interview. Yoshiko thought as she set orders for the Hei and arranged for her transportation. Roughly a half an hour later, Okichi's shuttle emerged from Hyperfold. Within seconds, a humongous asteroid came into view little domed cities dotting its surface, transports and shuttles zipping in and out of the domes as well as ports on the lower half of the asteroid. In minutes the shuttle would set down inside one of the domes. "Welcome to Ueno Kohana, Nobusuke-Hei, it's been a pleasure driving you." the pilot said over the intercom as the hatch popped open allowing Okichi to exit.

Okichi gave a half smile as she exited the hatch. She took a moment to look around, then began walking towards the briefing room.

Unfortunately for Okichi, room 312 didn't look like a briefing room. It looked like a standard hotel room, complete with an electronic keycard slot.

Okichi pushed her hair back quickly, making sure it was in perfect place before knocking firmly on the door.

There was a short pause before the handle to the door turned. As the door swung back a white-haired golden-eyed nekovalkyrja came into view. "Nobusuke-Hei, I presume?" Yoshiko asked as the neko looked at the Hei.

Okichi snapped to attention and bowed low. "Yes, ma'am. Santo-Hei Nobusuke Okichi reporting as ordered."

"Please come in." Yoshiko gestured for the Hei to enter as she slid the door open. "How was your flight?" Yoshiko asked. Yoshiko's room seemed quite regular for a hotel room, there was one bed, a flat television lined the wall. There was a wall sized window on the opposite wall to the door which had a nice view of the city. By the window sat a table that was currently doubling as a desk, however only a single datapad sat on its surface

Okicho rigidly entered as Yoshiko bid her to. What a strange place for an interview, she thought. She looked around briefly before she spoke. "The flight was quite comfortable, Okano-Shosa."

"I'm glad it was. If you'd take a seat over there at the table we can go ahead and get started on the interview if you'd like." Yoshiko followed Oriko over to the table before sitting down on the side of her bed, facing Oriko at the desk. "I see from your record that you've been in the Star Army for almost a year now, you might find this assignment to be slightly...different than what you are used to so I'm going to be asking some questions. I hope you won't mind." Yoshiko smirked as she finished speaking trying to analyze Okichi to see if she'd be a good fit or not.

Okichi sat down, her back straight. "I do not mind, Okano-Shosa. I'm sure I will be suitable for the task and hand, and a change of pace might be...uplifting." Okichi was careful to keep herself looking professional, making every move look absolutely uniform.

"Alright, then. We'll go ahead and get started." Yoshiko said before propping herself up on her arms and giving Okichi a good look. "I see from your record that you've served in the Star Army a little bit, do you consider yourself a self-motivated person? Someone who, if given a broad task is able to divide the task up and create a plan for completing the task?"

"Yes, Ma'am. I find that, if given a task, I can independently come up with a plan and properly execute it with or without supervision."

Yoshiko nodded, "How do you feel about doing so in combination with a group? A lot of the work we do is done as a group, where group individuals individually create then mesh or adopt their own plans into those of others, will this be a problem?" Yoshiko sat up and pulled her hair around in front of her and began to smooth it out.

"It will not be a problem. I can work with a team, or alone, depending on what is required given the situation, and I have no problem adapting my plans based on the plans of others." Okichi felt a lock of hair slip in front of her face, so she carefully pushed it behind her ear.

"That's good to hear. Switching subjects for a little bit then, how do you feel about Soul Transfers? It's not unusual, especially for those not born into the military to have reservations about them. It isn't unusual for such an issue to come up occasionally in our line of work, and I like to know the opinions of those that might serve under me. Will this be a problem?" Yoshiko recalled the conversation she had with Konpeki after the briefing. It would be better to know about it now rather than later. Yoshiko thought.

"I do have some reservations, to be honest, however if it is necessary I will not let personal feelings get in the way of completing our objectives."

"I see." Yoshiko paused to think about this, Will she be similar to Konpeki in that sense? Hmm.... "Nothing from this point on can leave this room, are we clear?" Yoshiko pushed her hair back behind her and leaned forward before continuing. "We as a group operate very close to the line of what could be defined as 'legal'. You can and should expect if offered a position aboard the YSS Genei to be yourself operating very close, and perhaps even crossing, this line on occasion. I want to know if you can set aside your morals for the good of the nation." Yoshiko felt rather dark for asking such a direct and blunt question but it was the nature of their work. Sooner or later it would become apparent, and it would be a bad time to find out then that this was not something Okichi was comfortable doing.

Okichi found herself slightly taken aback. "To be honest, Okano-Shosa, I've was raised with a very rigid sense of honor. However, how I feel on this matter is irrelevant, and I will do what is necessary for the good of Yamatai, regardless of my personal feelings.

Yoshiko breathed in. "Nobusuke-Hei, what I have heard to nearly every question I have asked about our line of work has been that it goes against your morals and your own beliefs. While I'm not suggesting that you change your beliefs, I wonder if you really understand what you are saying. Without going into details I can say that you might very well be betraying the very ideals that you hold to. How can you as a person handle something like that? How you handle yourself in a mission is one thing, you may very well be able to put aside your morals and personal beliefs to do whatever may be required, but what when we are not on a mission? How will your past actions affect you?" Yoshiko was distressed to see that this woman had such beliefs and was so ready to put them aside. After the incident with Konpeki, Yoshiko was starting to take a more detailed look about how she recruited. How will she come to view herself? Yoshiko wondered.

"Ma'am, as I said before, I have been trained with a very rigid sense of honor. However, in order to do our services to the Empire, sometimes we must make sacrifices. If you require me to do things that go against my morals, I will do them without hesitation, and will not allow my actions to affect who I truly am. I believe that I can look back on my previous actions and be proud to know that what I did was done for the glory of the Star Army of Yamatai."
"Very well then." Yoshiko said as she grabbed the datapad from the table. "I've decided to extend the option of joining my crew to you, if you choose to accept then sign and confirm the orders listed." Yoshiko extended the datapad to Okichi. "Know this though, a sign that we are doing our job is that nobody ever knows about it. Which means you won't see yourself bringing glory to the Star Army in any obvious way. Your decision is final at this point as well." Yoshiko's eyes locked with Okichi's when she finished speaking.

Okichi did not hesitate, signing and confirming as she was asked. "I understand, Okano-Shosa."

Yoshiko nodded before taking back the datapad. "Good, I'll get in contact with rest of the unit and we'll decide how to integrate you. There is one other matter that must be attended to, but it will need to wait until after this operation has been completed." Yoshiko said as she stood. The white-haired neko then turned to face Okichi and bowed. "Welcome aboard the YSS Genei, Santo-Hei." Yoshiko said.

Okichi stood and bowed low. "It is an honor, Okano-Shosa."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back