• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Genei [Interview]Yamamoto Kansuke

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
ON: Kyoto; Central Uesu Spaceport
The spaceport was full of people moving from place to place, all seemed quite set on where they were going. Finding Dock 34D wouldn't prove to be that difficult, even amongst the mingle of people. However what awaited Kansuke wasn't a military ship or shuttle instead it was a civilian transport. By the time Kansuke had arrived the doors to the shuttle had just opened allowing people to enter the craft and a small line of about 10 people had formed.

*He makes his way to 34D without any trouble. Upon recieveing his orders he immediately returned to his quarters to gather his belongings and headed out. Wearing his best formal uniform, freshly pressed and laundered, he stops at his destination and looks around. Kan wasn't sure what to expect... but it wasn't this. He checks the docking birth a second time to make sure he's in the right place. With a small grunt he shrugs and steps into the line of ten people or so, his C bag slung over his shoulder*

The line went smoothly, at least until Kansuke got up to the flight attendant at the door. "Your papers please?" the lady asked Kansuke as he approached. From the door, Kansuke could see into the interior of the shuttle. It looked like it was quite comfortable, the seats were all well padded and there seemed to be about 30 seats inside the shuttle available.

*Stepping up to the attendant he stands at attention, his training still fresh in his mind and body, the stance a natural part of his demeanor. Reaching into his breast pocket he pulls out his orders, neatly folded along a perfect line and hands them to her. His gaze wanders about, his eyes the only part of him moving. Noteing the seats he wonders to himself a little if perhaps this is only a check point for a different transport*

The flight attendant took the orders and reviewed them briefly before looking at her datapad. "Alright, enjoy your trip." she said before allowing Kansuke to pass. Once aboard Kansuke could see that the seating was slightly different than most shuttles, it was much more luxurious than normal shuttles, with more space for legroom and a differnt seating layout than usual. This was obviously first class.

*Or perhaps not. It doesnt really matter to him all that much as long as he arrives at his destination* "Thank you" pocketing his order again carefully he adjusts his C bag and steps into the transport, finding the first available seat. Stowing his gear in a storage compartment he takes his seat and leans back. First class seems very plush to him.. over done really. He's used to a more military environment. Reaching up he turns on his glasses and starts to review some of his latest projects in prepuration for the long flight*

After about 20 minutes the shuttle doors shut and lifted began its journey. About 10 minutes into the trip, a young Yamataian woman sitting by Kansuke turned to face him after her conversation with her friend had ended. "So where are you headed?" the woman asked curiously.

*Ten minutes into the trip hes fairly engroused in mathematic equations and and schematics. It takes him a moment to realize someone was speaking to him and he blinks, glancing over at her. When he sees she is indeed looking at him he lift a hand to turn off his glasses and smiles a little* Same place your going apparently. *He chuckles and lifts a hand, indicating the shuttle* I'm sure I'll find out once I get there. How about yourself?

The Yamataian pulled a string of her hair down in front of her and twirled it around her finger "Are you on vacation or were you ordered to go to Kohana, and what is that you're reading?" the Yamataian tried to peek over the edge of Yamamoto's datapad to try and see what it was he was looking at.

The datapad Kan was holding did not have much on it really, a few menus and directories at most. All of the important information was displayed through the lenses of his glasses after all. "I have orders." Kan saw her peer at his pad so he lifted it and showed it to her. "Nothing special, mainly notes and ideas" Kan had never been a particularly paranoid individual.. but with his orders to report to SAINT he would not be suprised if he is already under observation. It is Intelligence after all.

"Heh, I wonder why they'd send someone out to Kohana. There's nothing here but NovaCorp and asteroids." the woman commented the woman beside her however leaned over to take part in the conversation, her purple hair standing out quite well. "Maybe his ship is out there." The first mused again before letting her hair drop. "What do you do on the ship?" the purple haired girl asked.

Kan smiled at both of the pretty ladies, not wanting to be rude, but also not wanting to give away anything about himself overly either. "To be honest ladies I'm not entirely sure. This is my first assignment so I really can't tell you to much. What about the both of you? What do you do?" Kan looked back and forth between them both, the smile on his face easy and relaxed. When Kan was growing up he never really had time for much social interaction. That changed over the years but having his head in some design or piece of work left him lacking in certain areas. He has had a few relationships but none of them lasted very long, most of his time had always been reserved for his work and preparing for his entry into the Star Army.

"Oh we're students, but I'm on vacation right now. Amiko and I are childhood friends, our families used to get together all the time. She moved to Kohana City a few years back, so we decided to have a reunion this year. My mom went already, she couldn't wait for my college courses to end." the dark haired woman said as she leaned back. "So I decided to come and hang with Amiko until her classes ended and we'd catch the same shuttle back to my place." the other girl finished. Kansuke could feel the light buzz of telepathic activity going on between the two Yamataians as they spoke. "What did you go to school for," the dark-haired girl, Yuki, paused. "Sumimasen, what's your name?" Yuki asked with slightly reddened cheeks.out behind her, dragging his bag along with him. He was a bit suprised at the hug be then he smiles and returns it warmly. "It was nice to meet you too Yuki. I hope I get to see you soon." He hefted his bag up over his shoulder again and took a deep breath. With a small wave to Yuki he headed in to talk to the receptionist to get his key and meet the others.

"Ah, gomenasai. My name is Kansuke" Kan smiled at them both, feeling the soft buzz of the telepathy going on between them. He smiled brightly and bowed as best he could from in his seat. "It's a pleasure to meet you both" Kan started to relax a bit. The jitters he had started to feel ever since he found out he would potentually be assigned to SAINT easing in the wake of his conversation with the two lovely ladies. "I'm an engineer" He shrugged lightly. "Family business you could say. I've been building things as long as I can remember." He smiled at them both and lifted a hand unconciously to adjust the glasses on his face.

"Heeee." Yuki responded clearly interested. "Maybe you'll be an engineer when you get there. Is that what you would want to do?" Yuki leaned slightly closer to Kansuke as she asked the question. As she did so however, Amiko grabbed Yuki's shoulder and gently tugged her back. "That's enough Yuki." Amiko said half-chidingly, "You don't get to pick what you want to do when you join the Star Army. I hear that you don't even get to stay in your own body, they force you to change." Yuki looked taken aback. "No way!! That's not true, right Kansuke-san?" Yuki asked.

Kan smiled back at Yuki, clearly interested as well, and why shouldn't he be after all. "Well I'm assuming they would put whatever talents I have to good use. It wouldn't make since to have be be a Doctor as an example. I'll.." Kan blinked and closed his mouth when Amiko pulled her friend back. Kan sat up a little straighter, lookingback and forth between the two of them. "Actually, no. It used to be that way but that particular law was fazed out quite awhile back."

Yuki began to turn back toward Amiko, obviously with the intention to gloat about her small victory when Amiko spoke again. "But what if they made you do it? They could probably even force you to keep it a secret or something too, couldn't they?." Amiko asked boldy, trying to gain a small shred of dignity to make up for what she lost.

Kan really did not want to get in the middle of a confrontation between the two friends. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly before answering. "When someone joins the Star Army its with the understanding that if the need should arrise any of us could be called on to do our duty in whatever way is necissary. If it called for a change of bodies, as an example, then we would be instructed to do so." Kan lifted a finger, staring intently at them both. "However, such a decision would be made with just cause and reason. It would not be made lightly. The Star Army isnt for everyone. But for those of us who are prepared to do whatever it takes to protect our people from our enemies then we would do so willingly." Kan knew it sounded like a line but in all honestly it was the truth, at least it was for him anyway.

Amiko smiled and sat back, sure that she had somehow won the round between herself and her friend while Yuki continued to chat with Kansuke. "What were you saying about engineering earlier before someone," Yuki nodded her head toward Amiko, "interrupted you?" the young lady asked.

Kan smiled a bit at Amiko, pleased he could appease her. The last thing he wanted was to get on the bad side of either one of them. He is sitting next to them through out the entire flight after all. Kan looked at Yuki and leaned forward again, taking a relaxed posture once more. "I was just saying that I have been an Engineer my whole life practically. My father and brother are Engineers as well." Kan reached into his pocket and switched the input from one of his storage untis to the other. The one he had been using stored all of his personal work and data, the other he reserved for entertainment. Kan reached up and removed his glasses, passing them over to Yuki. "I built these myself. Take a look." Kan handed her the datapad, its listings showing multipul windows for verious subjects such as games, puzzles, music and movies.

Yuki took the datapad and flipped through the information, but her face said it all: she had absolutely no clue what she was reading. "I've never seen stuff like this before." a wide-eyed Yuki said as she flipped through the pages of teh data pad, clearly not reading the material but looking at the pictures and diagrams. Yuki had been sitting quietly looking at the datapad for a few minutes when an announcement came onto the loudspeaker. "We will be arriving at Ueno Kohana City, landing platform 12B. Passengers should begin gathering their belongings at this time." with that the announcement ended. "Arigato, but this stuff is way beyond me." Yuki said, her cheeks still red slightly as she handed back Kansuke's datapad. While Yuki was speaking to Kansuke, Amiko had stood and started to pull her bags out of the storage wrack.

He watched her for a while and helped her where he could considering he could only see the display and not the information being put through to her through the glasses. When he heard the announcement he looked up and around for a moment before looking at Yuki again. "Don't worry about it." He smiled brightly. "I could show you how it works sometime if you like. I'm not sure how tied up I'll be but if I get some free time maybe we could get togeather." Kan took his pad and glasses back from Yuki and pocketed the pad and plopped the glasses back on his nose, still smiling.

"Really? Thanks!" Yuki said before pulling standing and pulling out her own bags. Within minutes the shuttle had landed and began disembarking. Yuki and Amiko had both exited before Kansuke had, but stood a little past the base of teh ramp, clearly waiting for Kansuke once he had exited the shuttle.

"No problem." Kan smiled brightly and gathered his things while the two ladies shuffled out of the shuttle along with everyone else. Kan really isn't sure what he's supposed to do once he gets here. His order were fairly vague. He assumes someone will be waiting for him. He stepped out of the back of the shuttle and looked around, his eyes coming to rest on Yuki and Amiko and he smiled stepping down of the gang plank. "I'm not really sure where I'm supposed to go from here." He smiled, a small twinkle of ammusement in his eyes. "Either of you ladies have any ideas?"

"I know!!" Yuki said excitedly. "Yuki, we've got to get back to my place. We don't have time for this." Amiko mentioned while trying to remain polite. "Aww, well it always takes forever to get a cab anyway, why don't you go get us one." Yuki said before handing her duffel to Amiko. "Could you take my bag too?" Amiko just took Yuki's bag and rolled her eyes before walking off toward the exit of the spaceport. "Come on this way!" Yuki said excitedly before pulling on Kansuke's arm.

Kan blinked, taken by suprise when she takes his arm and drags him away. He gripped his C bag more tightly, the sudden pull shifting its weight on his back, swinging it around and throwing off his balance a bit so he stummbles and can't help but be pulled along. Better that than falling on his face. His eyes widened and his gaze darts around the docking port, looking for anyone with a sign, or wearing a military uniform. That's teh last thing he needs... to show up and be late for his interview. "Yuki! whaaa! Hang on..! Where are we going? Ah hell..." He sighs and gets dragged.

Yuki pulled Kansuke into the middle of a large group of people where she let go of him, allowing him to walk beside her. "Saa, where to start?" Yuki sent telepathically to Kansuke. "I guess I might as well be upfront, I'm Genei Yuki. The avatar of the YSS Genei, which as I'm sure you're aware, you are stationed on." Yuki glanced at Kansuke out of the corner of her eye as they walked through the crowd.

Kan eventually got his footing, looking around as Yuki pulled him along. When she had let go he stummbles again and nearly falls into her. His eyes widen and he jerks upright, dropping his bag to restore his balance. Incidentally it lands on his foot and he cusses and hops around a bit. Kan pursed his lips and heard her words in his mind. "Why am I not suprised." He glances at her and lets out the breath he was holding, changing it to a sigh half way through. "Like I said, it's a pleasure to meet you. Out of curiosity.. why didnt you tell me when we were on the flight?" Kan tapped the side of his head to show her she could have told him privately on the shuttle if she had wanted to.

"Both the Shosa and I believe it's a good idea to get to know the people that will be serving with us. The Shosa wanted me to find out more about you, since she was unable to do so herself, and I figure the best way to do that is to talk to a person. Of course, formal interviews will give you formal results, and fieldwork is hardly ever formal." Yuki replied. "Since I've been slightly...unfair to you, are there any questions you'd like to ask me?" the doors to the spaceport were getting closer and closer within a minute the pair would reach them.

"That is a reasonable approach.. I admit I was suspicious when we had first met. I take it Amiko doesn't know? Or perhaps she does?" Kan lifted one of his eyebrows in a questioning manner. "Really I'm not all that suprised Yuki. I will be working for SAINT after all. What ever you can tell me would be appreciated" Kan smiled at her widely, obviously not taking offence to the deception. Kan allowed her to lead, noting the distance to the doors, trusting in her to know where they are going.

"Amiko is a person of no importance." Yuki replied, "I guess I'll start with a mini-briefing. SAINT has discovered a small terrorist cell operating within Kohana City. We believe that they are planning an attack on PANTHEON. Based on their makeup, as well as their equipment we don't believe them to be a threat. However they do seem to have a funder, our mission is to find out who the funder is. Once we do we can hopefully find out how many of these groups there are, and track them without a problem, or destroy them from the roots." by the time Yuki had finished talking they had reached the exterior of the spaceport and Yuki had flagged down a taxi. Once one pulled up she slid into the back seat of the cab. "Right now we're heading to the hotel where everyone is staying. I don't really know what's going on after that though."

Kan climbed into the back of the cab with her, closing the door behind him, his C-bag resting on his lap. Well... getting right into it huh. Best way to learn is feet first I suppose. Kan chuckled and smiled at her. When will my interview be? Kan took note of their surroundings and wondered exactly how he was supposed to help with tracking down a terrorist cell. He's an Engineer. Doesn't really matter he decides. He'll help in any and every way he possibly can.

"Oh we've already conducted most of your interview." Yuki replied as she looked out the window at the passing buildings. "I'm not sure if the Shosa will conduct any additional tests or interviews, but if she does it probably won't be until post mission, if they are necessary at that point." Yuki continued before looking back at Kansuke. Moments later the cab pulled up to the curb of the hotel, and Yuki got out. Once Kansuke had exited the Yamataian hugged him. "It was nice to meet you, Kansuke-san. I look forward to seeing you again, unfortunately I'd better get to Amiko's place." Yuki said to the Hei. "Room 312 should be reserved for you. The receptionist should have a spare key."

Understood. Thank you Yuki. He climbed out behind her, dragging his bag along with him. He was a bit suprised at the hug be then he smiles and returns it warmly. "It was nice to meet you too Yuki. I hope I get to see you soon." He hefted his bag up over his shoulder again and took a deep breath. With a small wave to Yuki he headed in to talk to the receptionist to get his key and meet the others.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back