• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Inventory/finances questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavingMechanic

Inactive Member
I'm in the process of doing my inventory/finances posting, and a few questions cropped up.

1: Does 'Standard Issue' mean 'Free'?
For some people it seems so, until I hear otherwise I'll not deduct the cost of the uniform, and I'm also assuming at this point that items owned prior to enlisting (within reason) are also free. Clarification would be appreciated.

2: Tools, task-specific equipment, computers, ect. Should these be in inventory or are they provided on an as-need basis?
I'm pretty sure power armor pilots don't list thier power armor in inventory, nor do fighter pilots, but I'd like to be sure.

3: NH-12A 8-inch nekos are listed with a price on the WickedArms products guide, is it possible for a character to own such a neko?
Perhaps as a living PDA, like the PersoComs from Chobits? If so, what are the requirements for having one, IC and OOCly? Do they come with a user manual? Hell, can you buy software packages for them and dress them up like chibi-type mecha? I suppose the price information is probably there for logistics reasons, but I figured I'd quell the curiosity while I'm asking questions anyway.

4: Do you actively hunt down new players who ask too many questions, or do you just set traps for them and check the snares every other day?
I'm just curious about stuff, and since it's been mentioned this board is for asking questions, I figured I'd ask rather than jumping in on an assumption. On another note, I think I'm getting the hang of posting somewhat dynamically. :) Thanks for your time, any help is appreciated.

Do you actively hunt down new players who ask too many questions, or do you just set traps for them and check the snares every other day?

That's what Zakalwe did. As for the rest, I don't believe clothing or tools are free. Check the other inventories for examples. The point of the nekos in the first place (at least at PNUgen in Ayenee) was to be bought, so I don't know why a soldier wouldn't own one, but then again I haven't really RPed in a while and so I'm not sure.

Re: Finishing Touches questions

1 & 2. All Star Army troops recieve two free complete uniform sets and during their training they get a sidearm. Power Armor and rifles are assigned to ships, no to people, and are issued as needed depending on the situation. They don't appear on the inventory sheet.

3. Yes, you can have your own personal NH-12 assistant. She counts as your slave for 8 years and then she's free to go find her own life.

4. I encourage you to ask questions. I can't read your mind.

3- example: Keiko was Kai's assistant until he left service then released her from service though it was moot.

Ask a lot of questions. When you first joined. You remember, you passed my post count in like two weeks, and I've been here the whole time this board's been up.

Ah yes, I perfected the art of posting a huge amount, but still have something intelligant, or at least having a point, in each post.

I have no shame. And all my posts did have a point.

And now I have the second highest post count B) Although I lost my Taishoship 😢

The 8-inch nekos do kinda remind me of Plum/Sumomo from <i>Chobits</i>.
Glad to see another chobits fan around.

I love Chobits, too. Kim, a former Star Army GM, introduced me to the series and I adore it!

So they really ARE like the portable persocom units in Chobits? I have to admit it took this to confirm the mental image, even after reading it a few times.

Yes, they are very similar.

1119837427978.gif

Are Mini Neko's still run under this system? Could you get a mini Neko slave for a few years tasked to do your every whim? Could you get a full sized model? Something Civilian purchasing with a "Basic" AI? IS this stil a thing?! I think it would be good for having an NPC you can talk to and interact with when RP goes dead to do something. Just to keep posts moving, activity and such. "Here is your personal assistant. They are essentialy a non-organic MEGAMI who is assigned to make your life easier"

Have it cost a couple thousand credits. Not quite advanced enough to be a person, but not exactly KL-E-0 from Fallout 4

Nekovalkyrja haven't been sold since slavery was abolished in YE 30. Also as of YE 35 Nekovalkyrja are treated like most other species, except with the military service requirement. This includes mini Nekovalkyrja.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back