• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission IRI Beam-Drive System

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Submission Type: Technology
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lazarus:inflection:beam_drive

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? No
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Quite simple. I've added the latex look to future frames with structol laminate: Now I get to do the bondage routine. Joking aside, its quite practical, simple (unlike most of my submissions) and I wanted to get it out of my head and out of the way quickly.

Its real purpose is to lend a flavor when describing or writing about machines using this in roleplay, rather than any wonderfully practical function beyond armor recovery. I think flavor is important and I'm going to be reflecting the aesthetic in my future work so I wanted a practical reason for things to look and behave the way they do: fluff to fill in the gap, you know?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why are you using "hard" light for soft/bendy joints?

You've misunderstood what hard-light is, Wes.

Its light that you can touch that can act and look like conventional matter to a limited degree.

That's literally all it is. Touchable light. Hard means "your hand won't pass through it".

The point of using it like this is unlike regular wire, hard-light can be made hard or soft on the fly or changed in length or shape or even repaired on its molecular level if broken by the projector.

Plus I really dig the shibari look.

@OsakanOne

Since it's been sitting a bit, I'll go ahead and pick up the review if nobody objects. I'm not a fan of shibari, but the article overall looks feasible IC, so it should be acceptable. For record keeping though, could you go to the Hard-Light article and put a link in it leading to the Solid Volumetric article? It falls under that general umbrella article, and would make finding any future iterations/versions of the tech easier to go through and find using the back links. The link would fit in well on the very first sentence.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back