• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Approved Submission IRI Beam-Drive System

OsakanOne

Inactive Member
Retired Member
Submission Type: Technology
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=lazarus:inflection:beam_drive

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? No
Faction requires art? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No
Contains New art? No
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
Quite simple. I've added the latex look to future frames with structol laminate: Now I get to do the bondage routine. Joking aside, its quite practical, simple (unlike most of my submissions) and I wanted to get it out of my head and out of the way quickly.

Its real purpose is to lend a flavor when describing or writing about machines using this in roleplay, rather than any wonderfully practical function beyond armor recovery. I think flavor is important and I'm going to be reflecting the aesthetic in my future work so I wanted a practical reason for things to look and behave the way they do: fluff to fill in the gap, you know?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why are you using "hard" light for soft/bendy joints?

You've misunderstood what hard-light is, Wes.

Its light that you can touch that can act and look like conventional matter to a limited degree.

That's literally all it is. Touchable light. Hard means "your hand won't pass through it".

The point of using it like this is unlike regular wire, hard-light can be made hard or soft on the fly or changed in length or shape or even repaired on its molecular level if broken by the projector.

Plus I really dig the shibari look.

@OsakanOne

Since it's been sitting a bit, I'll go ahead and pick up the review if nobody objects. I'm not a fan of shibari, but the article overall looks feasible IC, so it should be acceptable. For record keeping though, could you go to the Hard-Light article and put a link in it leading to the Solid Volumetric article? It falls under that general umbrella article, and would make finding any future iterations/versions of the tech easier to go through and find using the back links. The link would fit in well on the very first sentence.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…