Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Iroma] Enhancement Packages

Exhack

Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ir ... nt_package

Basically long-term genetic packages that very gradually improve the character's abilities. While Iroma PCs won't start out as superhuman, constant treatment with these will lead to eventual increases in ability as campaigns go on. I may include prices later on, but this is more of a military-only thing and shouldn't be cheap for an organization without the same biotech apparatus as the Vanguard.

Mmmm, my main worry over this is that it could potentially turn player characters into supersoldiers, close to god-like being if you get what I'm trying to say. I'm aware however that it says the effects will wear off over time, but still..

Actually, it's precisely the opposite. The effects /strengthen/ as the introduced genetic sequences begin to express properly.

But its not exactly my intention to make Iroma PCs into godlike beings, you should be aware. It's more to raise the abilities of my military to a level that is broadly comparable to that of other national forces and give player characters justification for improving abilities.

It's just as Exhack's said, and I've been in on this since day one, reading about it and even working on some of the initial concepts with him. There will be no Super Saiyans coming out of this or other God-like beings or super-soldiers, we have enough of those already on the site. This is just to provide Vanguard Personnel with a means to be more in line with other militaries, to be more effective at their chosen task. So a soldier won't have ALL of the enhancement packages, just one sub-set that will improve their capability with their chosen career.

But to further simplify it: What you see is what you get as far as combat is concerned with the RP we've been doing in Iromaland. Doesn't really effect much of anything and this is more for fluff purposes to explain how the Commonwealth and Vanguard equip their soldiers.

Ahh ok, thanks for clearing that up.

In that case, I intend to complete my review by 12/10

In that case, given what you've told me and my going through the article again. I declare this approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back