Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Iroma] Homing Sand

Goddamn magic sand. Really?

*Re-reads*

I ah... I'm building a colony station. W-Would it be fine if I had some? I mean, its not great or anything, it would just be a tremendous convenience.

Don't let it go to your head, stupid.

Overall I like this, but I have a question. what stops the Homing sand from just forming a dune over the hydrant. Also you do realize that you are talking a 10m x 10m area. So does this mean that you beach has one of this hydrants every 10 meters not very pretty...

100 m^2 = 100 square meters or 10 m x 10 m

If he means 100 meters x 100 meters that would be 10,000 m^2.

Nashoba said:
100 m^2 = 100 square meters or 10 m x 10 m

If he means 100 meters x 100 meters that would be 10,000 m^2.

I think I'll go ahead and do it that way. Allows for cleaner beachfronts.

EDIT: Gonna solve the dune issue tomorrow morning, but I don't expect the submission to lag for much longer than that.

Dune issue fixed.

Home colonies now capped with low-yield electrostatic emitters that place an arbitrary 'roof' on the movement of sand particles.

What happens if someone eats it?

Wes said:
What happens if someone eats it?

It's non-toxic. Someone with different protein chirality might get violently ill, while species that don't have particularly hardy digestive systems might get a little ill. I figured the thing about dissolving harmlessly when it came in contact with saliva and other body fluids explained that adequately.

But that happens at normal beaches, when you eat sand that animals have been crapping in anyway.

I do not see anymore issues with this. is a high tech sand. Heck I am sure with some tweaking of the system, it could be used to make sand sculptures and castles.

Approved

RPG-D RPGfix
Back