• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Interest Check Iroma Plot

Ametheliana

Head in the Stars
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
πŸŽ–οΈ Game Master
I want to start another Iromakuanhe plot, but I want to hear from everyone about what kind of Iroma plot they would like to see. I have my own ideas, but I want to make something the community is calling for before I do my own.

So, this is more a call for ideas than an interest check! Got any?

@Soresu ^-^

I want this plot to be very fast-paced and will only be looking for people that can do that a post every 1-2 days.

It'd probably need a change-of-concept from Azorean space, but we could try to revive a Kyopelinvuori type idea. It was essentially a multicultural peace city-state intended to promote cultural exchange between the Iroma and other interstellar empires (there were Nep, Yamataian, Elysian "wings" to the city, for example).

Exhack and I did a really lengthy Blade Runner/Detective JP that got lost and never posted. But the idea was that any kind of RP could easily happen there. It kept Iromaland isolated (as it should stay) but allowed for heavy crossover of species.

Also, it floated on the water, so could easily include submarines.

Has to wait until the Iroma aren't so closed-door. It was in the works, but it broke down... so it'd need framework from @Soresu and @Ametheliana to likely become a viable thing.

I recall that idea and had fond memories of it. A lot could happen there. Not just run of the mill stuff, but lots of political intrigue and other shenanigans. We tried to keep the Iroma isolated to avoid some of the drama that had gone down in the past. I won't mention what, who or when. Just know it was for the right reasons. And for a plot like this to come along, it is a tentative step for them to enter the galactic scene in a more overt fashion. They had disguised agents working as a Merc group in the wider Kikyo sector before, and as a result of getting a first hand account of everything that goes on, I couldn't blame them for wanting to hang back a bit.

You're a joy among joys in Kaiyo and I'm sure you would be here, too!

I'm so glad you read up on the Iroma and have continued to do so! Any things that stand out, such as ideas for plots or things that support the idea of a Kyopelinvuori plot that Soresu and raz both spoke of?

Thank you!

I'm still in the midst of researching the various ethnicities and diplomatic relations, so I'd be playing it by ear for now. All of the ideas sound nice, but I've got nothing.

However, a genetic hybrid between an Elysian and an Iromakuanhe would be sick as hell, if at all possible.

I'm going to get the green and pink one of these lovely ladies:

I'm willing to let someone adopt the green one! They're going to get horns, don't worry <3

Because it's totally acceptable for a diplomat to dress in the garb not their own >.<

If nobody claims the second one by tomorrow night, she'll become this girl's cry-baby secretary or some such and I'll have the artist color her!

@Syaoran @FrostJaeger @Pancakei

Thread will be up in three days. You're welcome to work on characters in that time. They don't necessarily have to be approved in three days, but I'd like to see at least bare bone wiki for them before you post in the plot thread.

I'll be getting chibi done for the players from the artist that did the above.

Someone asked me what kind of character they should make and this is what I told them:

I think political would be the way to go, as of now. The plot will definitely be shaped by the characters the few joining members choose. There won't be many of you, though, at first, so having characters that will be able to interact is good, but ones that are flexible and can fill multiple roles are better.

Politician that is a pickpocket by night to get thrills is one example of what I mean by flexible. But by no means is that what you should make.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…