Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Iroma] Solanii Rod Grenades

Hi Manus,
I did some work on the Wiki for you, but you need to add some details, like who makes them, the damage they do etc.

Shouldn't the damage probably be ADR 1, not 2?

Anything more, Manus? I'm giving this another week before either allowing someone else to take a crack at it, or depositing it in storage at the owner of the company's chosing.

can i make a suggestion? could it also have a Radiation version? basically it has a smaller blast radius but inside that radius when it goes off 1000 Rems of quick dispersal Gamma radiation is released, killing any and all non-shielded biological in the area.

ok i made some changes
i thought it would be nice to have the grenades have an acronym so i added Multi-Use in the name so it can be called the Solanii M.U.R.G.
Anyway i also edited the stats to be different on each version of the grenade. I also added in my idea of a Rad-nade in there. Please comment

Tech Writing Protip: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. The Astral Vanguard does not like to use weapons that saturate the target in radiation because of environmental and health issues, and the usage of such weaponry would qualify as an atrocity.

... also... why MURG? It sounds kind of uncharacteristic for the Iroma naming scheme.

Approved, once you complete these three tasks:

1. Upload the grenade image to the wiki. Get rid of the photobucket link.
2. Get rid of all the forced line breaks in the article ( \\ ) - use bullet points instead.
3. Add an overview sentence under the title header.

Let me know when you're done so I can move this topic to APPROVED.

I'm still a little reticent on the use of the MURG acronym, and kinda not feeling the relatively barebones header text about how it affects the setting. Yes, it's fun to make up acronyms, but this one is a bit dim sounding.

Samuraipizzaman said:
I have done everything but the upload, because when I try to upload it it says I can't.
What folder are you trying to upload to? It might be a permissions error (I can fix that).

I was trying to upload it to the Iroma folder.
If the original Rod Grenade name works better then i'll revert it but i changed it to Polymorphic Situation Grenades for right now.

...Except what does Polymorphism have to do with this set of grenades? They aren't biological, nor refer to programming or material science.

Permissions seem to be okay already for the Iroma media folder.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back