Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character [Iromakuanhe] Othal Mohar

1) A way to make the glasses more Iroma-y: "The glasses were quite clearly, a part of her body, and a prime example of Iromakuanhe Symbiotes."

2) Link to things like Iromakuanhe and Solan Starworks

3) Mistake: "Under the guidance of a few Masters that it."

4) He can use email, a phone, and any up-to-date communication devices that would be found in the Iromakuanhe Astral Commonwealth. Link to these types of things instead.

5) You asked for advice on the inventory: add starting funds (12000 KD) and they like to embroider etc and hand dye so maybe his sister made his clothes for him? It wouldn't be out there to say he even made them himself. Side note- I myself would like to know if there's any type of uniform (think like a gi and obi for karate) for the Hundredfold.

6) You wrote Hundred fold once, not Hundredfold.

Looks good, besides!

Iromakuanhe material goods are mostly industrially produced. However they do enjoy 'Artisan' goods, I.E handmade. I am also curious about this 'Hundred Fold'.

1) So, I just came across the Symbiotics. I'll be reading over them and seeing if there's anything I can't add. An ENDS seems up his alley.
2) Link'd
3) Fix'd
4) Skinny entry, but add'd
5) Contribut'd, and I'll ponder what sort of clothes he'd wear. Been trying to think about what colors would go well with a pale purple. Maybe a dark purple with a lime green trim? A bit 'spacery, but meh? I'll talk about what they'd wear for the Hundredfold Palm a bit later on down.
6) Contract'd

The Hundredfold Palm is a little piece of candy that I found on the Martial Arts page and I thought it looked cool so it's something that I wanted to explore a bit more. Really give the Ivuori that little bit of "Omph" that makes them truly unique. I've been thinking about it a lot today and I wanted to imitate a style of martial arts that keeps with the Arab/Middle East/Western China theme. Unfortunately, there's not a lot there. However, I did come across Pankration and thought it would fit/be appropriate, only to find that the Elysians had dibs first. Thankfully, I had a back-up: Hung Ga (or hung gar). I realize it doesn't really fit into the middle eastern aesthetic, but I think it fits the name really well. It relies on strong stance and using mostly your arms to deflect and block, then when striking, they are hard and definitive attacks. If you ever watched Avatar the Last Airbender, or The Legend of Korra, this is earthbending. Fut Gar could be another alternative, or maybe something that Othal himself does/practices. Here's a good video demonstrating hung gar (albeit with silly sounds).

As for what they would wear, a Kasaya is what I would think would be most appropriate. Probably keeping it at the antarvāsa level since hung gar requires more upper body/arm movement and too much would get in the way. I'm definitely up to the task of making a wiki page if I need to.

Last edited:
Little known fact about me, I almost traveled to China to study from Shaolin monks but my passport had once fallen in a Venetian canal and wouldn't scan and I couldn't get my visa in time. So I really don't like mention of Shaolin styles as it is something that could have happened, but never was. Proof.

That isn't the reason I'm shooting down Hung Ga, but because (in naming conventions) South-East Asia is referring to Phillipines, Thailand, and Indonesia and not China, in particular. Google confirms. So adding in this type of styles seems... off, you're right. That being said, a lot of styles came from South China to aforementioned areas. So it's a grey area of should it be/ should it not be. If you came to me with Krav Maga, I might shoot it down for different reasons, though, despite the name being Hebrew and that it's taught to the IDF. That is why I think we should incorporate Hung Ga as well as the open-hand aspects of Krav Maga and Silat. They all fit for different reasons and all of them will loosely make up what is known as the Hundredfold Palm, unless there are any objections.

Just got a chance to look over all of the changes and I approve of this guy!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back