• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Is the wiki canon?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
Okay, I'm confused here. I hear a lot of this 'oh the wiki is wrong' stuff going on. I thought the wiki was canon, but what I'm seeing is people telling other folks that the wiki is wrong and not to use it in those cases. So I ask, is the wiki canon? If it's canon then why aren't people fixing what is wrong instead of telling players to not use it. If RP contradicts it then what is the point of it.

StarWiki is the Star Army community's encyclopedia, index, and concordance for our ever-growing shared universe. All relevant information should be added here as events occur in the story. Content of this wiki should be “PG-13” and canonical. Explore and contribute!

Emphasis.

Yes, the wiki is the repository for SARP's canon.

That said, there are occasionally instances where the wiki can be inaccurate...usually these are caused by them not being updated to current standards and IC events.

That takes more work than you think. Wes does do that a lot, as do some other people less than he does.

Usually if a page is NOT canon content on the wiki, it's marked so at the top of the article. I did it for my tropes index.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back