• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Is there space-type power armour made for Humans?

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
I was flicking through the Power-Armour lists, I found that most of the power armours I flicked over which are made for space-use are only for Nekos. Do you think there's something fishy afoot?

I raised this question because I'm on a plotship with Yamataians, Gershins (And one Nep about to get a Soul-Transfer) and Neko Personel at the time being and only one of the crew members know how to use Power Armor. (The one getting the soul transfer, unfortunately?)

Try Nerimian/Pheonix Corp made things, The SAoY specially imports the Super Phalax series for their non-neko Power Armor pilots.

Human non-SAoY or Nerimian power armors are made by independant companies ( Like the Cyclone ), Zen Armaments ( The Infamous Demons, Opps! ) and of course yours truely, NAM ( Water, Air. Not mass released yet. )

EDIT: The Yamataian Kylie is also non-neko capable (In fact, it is designed to be a non-neko Mindy) .

It's not really that fishy that many Star Army of Yamatai power armors are catered to Nekos, because it's really the Nekos doing the fighting. Genetically engineered super-soldiers and all.

But as Fian said, there are plenty of power armors usable by human-sized pilots, just try looking at armors not made by Ketsurui Fleet Yards, which is apparantly the main provider to Yamatai military.

The Kylie can by used by humans. Heck, Dr. Gunn uses one and he's Nepleslian. The Yggdrasill also has a Kylie, though a Neko crew member will likely use it more than anyone else.

As for the Super PHALANX, forget it if you're a civilian. The creator has it set up so that unless you are a HUGE company, it's not cost effective at all. Every time you "spawn" an armor, the cost is obscene.

Kylies have a height requirement though - about 178cm. Elisa, for example, just barely fits in one.

Plus KFY/Kessaku tech is rather expensive for civilians, and also restricted. (Though, you can get just about anything if you know the right people - and have the cash.)

KFY ICly expressed an interest in boosting the height limit of the Kylie in communication with Yaichiro, who is 3" over the maximum.

I do not know if that will develop or not, though...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back