• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[ISC Enkidu] Let the Looting Begin!

Re: Let the Looting Begin!

Specs frowned at the removal of her object of study by this... organic. Organics were boring, minus that Iroma's organic machine arm or whatever one wanted to call it, of course. She was tempted to perform a quick smack with her spanner, but figured that wouldn't be much better than what Helen did, nor would it look very good to the captain.

Still, Specs was receiving the evil eye. Her hand still did go to the spanner on her belt, though the smack wasn't delivered. The belt was mentioned before, right? Well, she also had a belt on.

"Yeah, yeah, go ahead 'n get dressed 'n then y'all can hook up with short stuff t'get - wait a minute, since when th'fuck d'we have a medical officer?" Myr narrowed her eye at Dante even as her hand went to the weapon on her belt - her ears had perked at the possible brawl about to start behind her, and she figured that the ship was in bad enough shape that a warning shot fired into a bulkhead wouldn't do too much damage.

"We've always had a Medical Officer!" said Dante in an a matter-of-fact tone, prepping the ship's sensors for use. As he prepped, he looked over his shoulder at the Captain, his head tilting at her. "Though, you'll have t'tell how you were able t'recruit a Neko. I'm pretty impressed."

Chrys looked at captain. She was not that surprised about her reaction. After all that neko showed up from nowhere. How could Chrys not see her before? But she decided to go with Dante.

"Well ma'am and it was a good choice you know. She is all ready in med-center in case something happened to some at away mission. That alones tells me your choice was good." She said. Okay let's try this. Maybe she will think she forgot or something. Oh wait that was imposibble.

Louis was out of his chair in an instant, one hand settled around the handle of his bowie knife, the other one having the palm turned outward, and ready to recieve the monomolecular, durandium-bladed survival knife in that arm's forearm holster. He strode up to stand next to the captain, although slightly out of range for one of her gangly arms to snake out and grab him.

"Myr..." Louis intoned cautiously, "We dinnae take on a Neko a' th' bar, did we?" His face was blank, eyes fixed on the front of the bridge.

Neko have sharp ears. Eika's were average, but she could hear them from the elevator shaft on Deck 2. They spoke of a medical officer.

One they weren't supposed to have.

No hiding now.

The Neko took a deep breath, let it out slowly, then entered the elevator. She let it take her up to the top deck, then she stepped out into the corridor where she could be seen from the bridge. She could not see the man with the knife, but she could guess who the captain was, considering the red-haired woman's height and general visage. She wanted to cower.

"I'm a stowaway," she said with as strong a voice as she could muster. It only shook a little bit; maybe they wouldn't notice, she thought. "I was hungry and desperate to find a safe place to sleep. I woke up about half an hour ago, but I've fixed up your medical bay. I'm ready for work. Who needs attention?"

Specs's usual cheerful demeanor disappeared at the mention of a neko. A neko. One of those things that basically wiped out the Great Lighthouse? Then, at the sight of the catgirl, the Freespacer's hand gripped the spanner rather tightly. She was almost glaring. Almost.

"Oh? Well, that also makes sense." said Dante, apparently not putting much into the realization that Eika had not been truthful with him. He tacked away at the console, and when he finished, he turned his chair around to face them. "So, this means we have three new crew mates. A doctor, another mechanic, and a Yorna! We seem to be pretty lucky when it comes to adding to a roster, eh?"

The short man cleared his throat, and thumbed to the console. "Now, I understand all our reservations on new people, but I think we can all sit down with cup of joe and talk on this after we're done looting and salvaging, right?" with that, his mind wandered and Dante looked up at the ceiling dreamily, "Ah... Coffee and Crullers sound good for a post-mission snack... Argh, now I'm hungry! Can we get to it, then?"

Helen looked back at Anya and gave a grin and said confidently, "Helen hads to helps fwiends ya know?" The Abwehran then lowered her guard a little but still kept an eye on the odd Freespacer before her while trying to think of something that could keep her attention before she started to fall into boredom of waiting for someone to lead her to the bridge.

Then a catlike human appeared, apparently from the ship she was on. The short Abwehran scratched her red hair wondering if there was any clues that could have hinted her at this revelation. Not to mention manage to stay hidden after the crew killing each other and the sudden explosion coming from whatever she ejected from engineering.

The arrival of the Nekovalkryja was a bit--anti-climactic in Anya's opinion. Then again, no one had really lifted a finger (or gun) as of yet. Her internal memory searched for any information she had on Nekovalkryja, but all she got was warnings on their combat capability and general information. The one in front of her did seem to be on the short side even for the amazon war machines and part of her programming seemed to warn her that her capabilities were severely sub-par compared to a Nekovalkryja's combat skills.

However, this one seemed to be a medical officer. Whether or not that was true didn't really matter to Anya though. Perhaps it was because she was Nepleslian made, but Anya was slightly wary of the Neko. Honesty compelled the Gynoid to reason that the Nekovalkyra meant no harm though. After all, if this woman was a stowaway, she had obviously been on board the Enkidu for much longer and had yet to commit any hostile actions towards the crew.

A small frown graced her expression as she tilted her head a bit in confusion. The main question was, how could a Nekovalkryja be on an independent vessel. Especially since Nekos were only supposed to be in the Star Army of Yamatai and its various sub-organizations. Glancing around the room to observe the group, the Yorna Gynoid watched and waited for a proper moment to intervene.

What Chrys thought came to be truth. Neko was a stowaway. And as far as she knew her captain yet she was quicko to explode. She was not sure about her reaction so she step up, after Neko and then Dante spoke.

"Well boss-lady. I will wouch for her and will keep an eye on her. I heard Nekovalkyrja are really loyal so I think you have no worry. If anything happens let me handle it." she said as she step next to small Neko. She felt that Neko was not dangerous to them.

Shiori was pleased to see the neko, but not in any way that Eika would probably find comforting. Having a neko around meant that there would likely be a more attractive target for Myr's 'Yammie' prejudices, which could only mean good things for her. "At this rate, we're going to need to open a hotel," she remarked idly as she looked the newcomer over with practiced disinterest.

"Yeh, Nekos're loyal, alright." Louis grunted, scowling. His hand was still settled around the handle of his knife. "They're loyal t' th' thrice-damned, inbred Kets'rui clan 'n their demon spawn."

He settled his eyes on the Nekovalkyrja, and moved up parallel to Specs. If this Freespacer was thinking the same thing as him at this very moment, then Louis predicted at least a neutral relationship with her for the duration of his employment.

Myr's single remaining eye widened larger than her crew had yet seen, the pupil contracting until it was a tiny pinprick. She barged through the rest of the people on the bridge - fuckin' crowds, she thought, with no real malice towards them. Her wide shoulders shoved them out of the way as she went straight for the tiny neko standing on the far end.

One of her hands grabbed Eika's jumpsuit, her muscles bulging as she lifted the neko up by the front of her clothing. Her other hand snatched the gun from beneath her trenchcoat, and the muzzle soon found itself pressed to Eika's stomach.

"I thought I killed all of you," she said, her voice quiet enough so most of the rest of the crew wouldn't be able to hear. "Bill's boys. How'd you get away?"

Eika saw the woman approach and did her damn level best to stay loose and calm, but when that hand stretched out to grab her, terror filled her eyes and it showed.

The gun's muzzle made her blood run cold as she felt it poke her belly. It was hard to move her arms with her blue jumpsuit's front pulled up around her neck, and she dangled a little. The woman smelled of so much smoke.

"I ... I hid in the medical bay storage closet!" she whispered, which was all she could manage anyway. "I didn't let the loud man see me and didn't come out when I heard the gunshots."

This woman's gunshots, Eika thought with an audible gulp.

"Captain..." reminded Dante, tapping hard at his console. He sighed when saw he wasn't going to get anything out of the woman, so he looked at one of the other windows. Though, when he saw her grab Eika, he couldn't help but stare. The 'get work done' atmosphere seemed to wane heavily with the 'someone's going to get shot' atmosphere invading the room.

"How did you get onboard? When?" Myr's voice was still a low growl, and she shook the neko in her grip about a bit. "Were you with Bill?!"

Eika squeaked, "N-no! I don't know him!" Her voice was tight and very quiet. Her eyes went wide as she was shaken, confronted with Myr's snarling face and menacing teeth gnashing words at her. "I snuck on two weeks ago! I just hid! I was hungry; I thought the ship was derelict!"

Eika was used to dealing with death, but only when it was other people doing the dying. Her body was locked up from fear.

"Please don't kill me," she whispered.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back