• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character [ISC Phoenix] Calico Monoceros

So we have a weird fiction/bizarro fiction writer with a like of Forensics and a desire to be a war android. What an interesting combination - you can really find all sorts of people in Funky City!
  • I find it amusing that they were able to keep their brand of novels going and a large enough audience to support their school-of-hard-knocks heroism. How often did she come back scratched up before returning to action after some recovery, and who helped her? Fans perhaps? Family even?
  • Semi-monocular vision can be quite a drawback in depth perception, which rules out long-range fighting. How was she able to overcome this limitation? Trial and error? Maybe this explains why she excels in close or heavy combat where precise aim isn't always necessary.
  • A little more expansion on the Writing/Literature skill perhaps. Maybe put an excerpt from her bestseller which always makes the fans gush?
  • Could you list a handful of select literature works in your inventory?
It might be possible to JP out the interview or part of the training process which makes her go from PSG (Where she would've submitted her query to join, as its the most public face) to full ISC Phoenix.

I'm digging this idea, though. Just address what I've outlined and I'll call it golden, okay?

Thanks for the support! Fast, too. Burned through a lot of different ideas before settling on this one. Just made a bunch of changes, hope I got everything. As for the specific qualms;
  • Added a bit to her history. Her fanbase would probably only help her because they don't realize how much of a doofus she is in real life, hah. It's not exactly high art she's pedaling, through.
  • I did elaborate in the skills, but yeah, that's pretty much it. Calico is also pretty jittery. Speed, swords, and explosions remove the need for aiming half the time. Maybe she'll learn later, who knows. Just didn't want to make them too OP for somebody who has had no official training.
  • Done. Alrough the story is a little FUBAR, it probably fits.
  • Also done.
Fine with a JP, just depends when you want to do it. Busy Mon-Wed IRL.

Since my timezone's a bit far ahead, I notice that you're active in the very early morning for me. I could wake up early on a weekend and we'd see what we could do.

Other than that, we're approved. You can post on the Interlude thread and we can figure out the JP details asynchronously.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back