• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: Yome Ismâopate Ismâo Ryasou'temygo (The Search for Wraiths of Death)

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Convention Veteran
Retired Staff
RP Date
YE 43
RP Location
Sotâka Ruomâqi (World Station)
The Yome Ismâopate is emerging from the Poku Movi Vamâqi Clan Void Berth and being furbished for its mission. Supplies and equipment are being brought to the berth to be loaded.

New crew members are being reviewed by the Tin Ta'a.

Qualsi made her way through Sotâka Ruomâqi towards the berth where the Yome Ismâopate was docked, the scientist was more than pleased for her first assignment. A daunting task laid ahead of her as that she was the only surviving baqli in her family; the pressure on her to exceed had never let up and she walked with confidence towards the next challenge in her life's journey. She had checked in with her teachers within the Otâmovi Wiy Jael before she had left home and carried with her their blessings towards her chosen path.

She entered the Void Berth and stalled in typical nutarka as she observed the Tin Ta'a conducting his evaluations with those who arrived before her. She glanced around briefly and narrowed her pale blue eyes, the mirrored like effect on their surfaces caught the lighting and gave a slight glow in their appearance as she approached. She maintained a worthy stance, her ears twitched slightly as she held her hands out, face-up in a respectful meeting with her new superior. "Sâvyjo Qualsi Damui reporting for duty," she said, to introduce herself so that she could be put under review along with the other new arrivals.

Qaedal Aaeas reviewed the data on his Mako'sa Kyn (Data Pad). There a number of things that had not yet been delivered to the ship. He noticed a few new faces, and turned to one that caught his attention.

He returned the response to one of the new members. He paused for a second to recall her name. As he spoke to the new member, the Wuny-me Rousa'ka (Cargo Hold) became quiet.

“I am Tin-Ta'a Qaedal Aaeas, Sâvyjo Qualsi Damui, you have been assigned to this vessel. Do you give your oath that you will obey the orders of those above you as long as they are worthy? Do you give your oath that you will commit your skills, blood and even your very life should it be required? Do you give your oath freely and with no evasion that you will serve in the Wotanu Abokatinka Poku, with distinction that will reflect well upon the Poku, your Ruoka and your Punla?”

Qualsi listened as the Tin Ta'a spoke, she gave no hesitation though when he was finished, "I oath with all I am and pledge to obey those above me so long as they are worthy of that obedience. For the Poku, my Ruoka, and my Punla, I make this pledge of my own will and cognition. I stand ready to face the challenges and tasks ahead and bring honor to them and myself. I swear this to you, great Tin'Ta'a. I do so with blood..." She slipped the small knife from its sheath and twirled it once between her clawed digits before she swiped it across the opposing hand, letting the precious blood drip to the floor beneath her. "I give my blood as proof and confirmation of this oath..." she said, the pale blue mirrors of her gaze didn't waiver in their absolution, nor with any look of uncertainty at what she had just pledged.

Qaedal smiled at Qualsi, "Your oath has been accepted. You are now part of our crew. Here are your afirmu for the Yome Ismâopate. Place them appropriately. There are available two person cabins on Deck 1. Choose one and secure your gear. Then return here to help with examining equipment and stowing it. Once you have stowed your gear, return here to help with checking the equipment being brought on board, and stowed."

Qualsi accepted the afirmu, "They will be placed properly. I will return, Tin Ta'a" The newly arrived Kynkasâjo'a ventured onto the Yome Ismâopate. She had studied the schematics of the ship ahead of time, and although prepared she found herself in awe of the Yome Nuiqai-Class. She was interested in what her first encounter with Tasi, the ship's jodau sumanâjo would be. It didn't take her long to find the two-person cabin the Tin Ta'a had mentioned, she checked and made she it was unclaimed and then proceeded inside to do as she had been asked. Qualsi's tail swished expressively as she looked around the cabin with uncertainty. This would all take some getting used to.

She took a few moments to position her afirmu, and stow the rest of her gear. She grabbed her mako'sa kyn as it was likely to be required should anything need checking in or cataloging. It was likely she would be sharing space with medical, or so she assumed as the ship did not have a devoted laboratory space. She finished what she needed to in terms of her stuff and headed back towards the dock. Upon exiting the airlock she once more stalled in nutarka and looked around to catch the positions of the Tin Ta'a and the rest of the crew.

La'tâ could be found at the docks herself, the dark furred Tula there to assist in making sure loaded cargo gets to where it needs to be. Normally this would not be a duty for a wapoin'a like her, but after there last little run in, there was a need to make sure that there medical supplies were all fully stocked. Meaning there were some medicines and tools that needed to go straight to the wapoin Ruo'sa, and it was La'tâ's job to make sure it got there.

Of course even if she was on assignment, she made sure to greet all those that passed her, especially if they were new to the ship. As things would have it, it would seem that Qualsi was one such case. With a full smile, showing her sincerity with her teeth, she gave a light wave to the white furred Qaktoro "Apote."

The loading process was underway. Most of the junior crew members where moving containers to their storage areas and returned to pick up other items.

Several of the Senior crew members watched, and gave encouragement to those who were preparing the ship.

Qaedal Aaeas spoke in a clear voice. "Attention all hands. Prior to our departure every member of the crew will be fitted with a sensor device. Any crew member who does not have their sensor on them will be taken to medical for examination. Watch the indicator on the sensor. If it goes Orange, you must isolate yourself and report to medical. If the sensor remains Blue you are safe."

He held up one of the sensors. "This is what it looks like. Medical personal will be going to the Wapoin Rou'sa to prepare to distribute them. Once they are ready you will be called. Report to to get your sensor quickly and then return to your stations."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back