• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 Jack in the Plane

A

Alex Hart

On, 188604, Sky guard recruitment Office.

Alex was once again covering for the recruitment officer. He was bored for the most part, nothing much was happening.

Jack Pine walked into the office,"Is this where I sign up for the Skyguard?"

Alex sat up straighter. "Yes it is. Can I help you?"

Jack takes the seat in front of the desk setting his bag on the floor next to it,"Yes, I'd like to enlist."

"Alright. What's your name?" Alex asked, pulling up a small form on a tablet computer.

"Jack Pine sir," He replied.

Alex entered the information into his tablet, then led Jack into the fitting room.

"What color do you want your suit highlight to be?" Alex asked. "The base color is white."

"Orange." Jack said as he looked around the room.

Alex pressed a button and a laser flashed through the room measuring Jack, and then a flight suit popped out of a slot nearby.

Alex handed it to Jack and lead him to the hangar where the maintenence crews were working.

"You'll be flying a standard issue craft until you earn the right to have a customized personal craft."

"Understood, where to now?' Jack replied looking around the hangar as the maintenance personnel moved around from station to station.

"Well, I'm wondering what type of role you could fill in combat." Alex said.

"Any positions open for a sniper by any chance?" Jack said as he was looking the flight suit in his hand.

"I think so. We've got some sniper cannons you can use."

"Ok that will work quite nicely." Jack said.

"Alright then. Let's see what you've got." Alex said.

Some technicians brought over a U-1 production model in mecha mode armed with a sniper cannon and had it kneel down to allow Jack to climb in.

Alex called over his own mecha with his neural link, something uniqe to him.

"Lets head out to the target range. Just move your arms and legs like normal and the mecha will copy them."

Jack climbed into the cockpit and pressed the button to close it, he then began to slightly move the unit's limbs to familarize himself with the controls. He then began to follow the recruiter to the range.

Alex set up some targets with the computer, ten plates of metal popping up at extremely long range and moving around at a decent speed. "Ok, go."

Jack sighted each target in order, and fired a single round, while aiming just ahead of the target to compensate for movement. He missed the third and fifth target, but after adjusting his aiming pattern hit the last five.

"Impressive."

"I aim to please, and I look forward to working for USO." Jack said through the unit's vocal speaker.

"Glad to have you on board Jack." Alex said.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back