Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character Jed Tor

Character approved.

Basically, I'm with Wes. But, lemme add some points for you to consider.

He's 6'2" and 190 ... that's not very gaunt.

Rank should be private 3rd, I think.

He joins the military to heal? Clearly damaged ...

Needs more skills, and needs those skills to be standardized.

3000 KS should be 6000 DA.

Whoa, thats going to be a tough character to play and deal with.

Contact me if you wanna RP on the NSS Acadia.

Thanks for the tips, i'll get on making those edits.

I imagine it will be somewhat difficult, but even though he is a new character i still wanted him to have some flavour, coupled with the tips i read on making your character a fresh, imperfect and unpolished recruit, i kind of just stumbled upon a story about a guy with issues.

Can i just ask, how standerdized do my skills have to be?

Well for your four core ones you can refer to the boilerplate for what a recruit would have after completing training. After all they wouldn't let you graduate without meeting the standards for these skills.

Nepleslia skills

You can tweak them a bit, and then your other skills you have more freedom.

I have expanded on his psychological characteristics in order to flesh out the character and make more sense of his purpose and benefit to the marines, the previous version i felt made him out to be something of a burden, this time around i feel it highlights how his negative traits can potentially be transformed into something much more useful.

Feedback would be great. I'll have time to tinker with this as Fian has asked me to wait a little while others are introduced into the plot before me, which is fine, i can use the time to build up my player and character profile, as well as read up on the briefing and A side like you suggested, Fian.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back