• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Laz Public Network [Kage Yaichiro] Wish to build Empire-managed Orphanage

Toshiro

To the relevant agencies in the Yamatai Star Empire:

Given the recent damage to our homeland in the battle against the Mishhuvurthyar, and a concern that there are a large number of orphaned due to death and ST backup site destruction, I would like to express a wish to use some of my finances and personal resources to establish an Empire-run orphanage with an integrated school. This would be not only for victims of the recent battle, but also for those who have lost parents throughout the war, including those lost in service to our nation’s military forces. I am certain that in spite of my wanting to help establish such a site, it will have to be run by the government, and would of course require government support on many levels including in its day to day functions.

I would require the Department of Information to provide statistics on the number of orphans in need of such an institution, and from the Department of Land and Homes regarding what land can be set aside for them. This is important in determining the necessary scale of the effort. It is also my hope that the Department of Education, the Department of Commerce and Trade and the Kyoto War College help establish a curriculum which grants a primary, a trade, and an optional Junior Kyoto War College curriculum respectively. Many other agencies would need to lend their support, these are merely a few who would need to lend their aid early on.

I ask for a prompt response – not only because reconstruction should be an important priority for morale, but also because this particular aspect is something which should be taken care of for the health of those left behind by this disaster.

Kage Yaichiro-Taisa
YSS Densetsu (NF-S7-01), Flag Aide
Hotaru Star Fortress Production Bay Seven, Yard Master
Seventh Fleet, Chief of Engineering for the Fleet

To: Kage Yaichiro-Taisa

I approve of your project. Our estimates place the number of orphans around 32,000 spread out over the planet.

To Her Imperial Highness, Empress Ketsurui Himiko-sama

I thank you for your personal interest, Your Imperial Highness Ketsurui-sama, and am surprised but pleased to see you personally responding to and taking an interest in the idea. I have constructed cities for displaced SAoY forces and personnel before, and am already exploring the gathering of materials.

A trusted conleague and friend has recently placed a posting requesting to purchase materials for construction, and instead of purchases, we've recieved a great number of donations not only from the the Army and the SSS, but also private industry such as Second Chance Salvage and an anonymous source. What cannot be used directly can be sold, leading to a combined estimated funding of 25,525,513 KS available when combined with my starting resources. What has been donated makes my contribution pale in comparison.

The current items have also been donated by private industry, and can be provided for immediate use to help with the displaced:

Code:
  * 3000 x Pavilion Tent (100 KS, 300 lb, can sleep 100 people)
  * 3 Civilian Conversion Bringer of Thunder (Yellow, Has A Hand Replaced With A Shovel Or Drill)
  * Various Medicines (NMX War, TC: 4-26, IC: 157-3307-30)
  * 5000 x Bolt of Linen (5 KS, 10 lb)
  * 1000 x Cabinet (30 KS)
  * 1093 x Large Carpet (50 KS)
  * 688 x Room Screen (worth 10 KS each)
  * 815 x Rug (worth 10 KS each)
  * 1036 x Round Table (worth 50 KS each)
  * 864 x Bed (30 KS)
  * 1015 x Canopy Bed (50 KS)
  * 817 x Chair (10 KS)
  * 600 x Couch (30 KS)
  * 500 x Armchair (10 KS)
  * 6824 x Sedan Chair (100 KS, 60 lb)

The Star Army has donated 10 old Ayame to be disassembled and used for materials, the SSS is donating roughly 24,000 cubic meters of lumber, and Second Chance Salvage has contributed a large quantity of hull parts, doors, armor, paint, and environmental systems.

People have proven quite gracious and have given of themselves to help with the situation, which will only help to hasten things along. I would like to ask the following of you:

1. I wish to reserve an area Southeast of Kyoto for this. I am aiming roughly for a 10 kilometer by 10 kilometer site to hold the 32,000 currently in need, the adults needed to raise them and maintain the infrastructure, and allow for expansion either as the war continues or as the children grow and start their own families. I am aiming for an initial population preparedness of roughly 80,000, with room to grow as needed, unless you have different requirements.

2. I am interested in using the Type 30 City Block concept to place the core infrastructure, and wish for your opinion and permission on this, though the suburbs would be constructed in a more conventional manner. This would require the use of an Anri-Class Deep-Space Repair Vessel, and the prototype Ayame Layer-class Logistics Ship YSS Layer (YC-77) to lay the cities in place. If you prefer an entirely conventional city, that is easily within our capability as well.

Kage Yaichiro-Taisa

To Her Imperial Highness, Empress Ketsurui Himiko-sama (or staff)

Construction on Tsubomi city, while not complete, has advanced to where citizens can start moving in and begin classes.

Kage Yaichiro-Taisa

To: Kage Yaichiro-Taisa

This is excellent news! I will make arrangements for transportation of the orphaned children of Yamatai to the new city.

You have the Empire's most sincere gratitude,

Empress Himiko

RPG-D RPGfix
Back